News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Very Alpha: BA CARD Web Edition

Started by Gary Oliver, Fri, 18 Aug 2017 23:28

Gary Oliver

All,

I know a few of you who dont use BACARS wondered if you could still get the CARD performance data without using the CDU.

I had a quick play at knocking up a web version of the front end this evening as a small learning experience in ASP.NET.

Give it a go at http://ba747card.us-west-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/ but be careful as there is almost zero input validation so if you get an error message check you input boxes.

This uses the same underlying code as BACARS.

Cheers
Gary

G-CIVA

Nice job Gary!  Any chance of something web based like this for PW engines?
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Tigh

Without putting words in Gary's mouth I doubt it as this is written for the RB211 powered BA airframes that Gary's sim is based on.
Regards,
Dan

Simfest Drink Coordinator.

Mariano

Thank you, Gary.

Any chance you could make a download version for those instances when internet access is not possible?

Regards,

Mariano

Gary Oliver

Mariano,

I started writing a windows front end and then decided a web version would be more useful as if you are on windows you should be using the full BACARS suite from the CDU for a more realistic experience.

If I get bored one evening I might knock up a windows app to do the job though, no promises.

Cheers
Gary

Gary Oliver

Steve,

Dan is right, and also I'm cheating slightly as Benny did all the code for the performance calculations which is the same code used in BACARS.  I  think we only have RB211 data anyway?

Quote from: Tigh on Sun, 20 Aug 2017 15:49
Without putting words in Gary's mouth I doubt it as this is written for the RB211 powered BA airframes that Gary's sim is based on.

Mariano

Thanks, Gary, great tool.

Hoping you get bored one evening (soon) :-)

Regards,

Mariano

Gary Oliver

Mariano,

No doubt I will...

Have you tried BACARS? When running on the centre cdu go to BACARS then PERF REQ where you enter the same details as web card and it will pop up as a psx printout.

Cheers
Gary

Mariano

Thanks Gary,

I just tried it :-)

One question; the web platform correctly shows engines as 'G' variant, while BACARS shows them as 'H' variant.

Just trying to determine whether BACARS calculations are still for 'G' variant, matching PSX (even though printout says 'H').

Thank you,

Mariano

G-CIVA

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Sun, 20 Aug 2017 17:57I  think we only have RB211 data anyway?

What dost thou 'needeth' for the dirty smokey Pratts?
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Gary Oliver

A well spotted typo which I will fix in the next version of BACARS, calculations are for G rated engines to match PSX.

Cheers
Gary

Quote from: Mariano on Mon, 21 Aug 2017 04:50
Thanks Gary,

I just tried it :-)

One question; the web platform correctly shows engines as 'G' variant, while BACARS shows them as 'H' variant.

Just trying to determine whether BACARS calculations are still for 'G' variant, matching PSX (even though printout says 'H').

Thank you,

Mariano

Mariano

Thanks Gary for supporting performance calculations for RRs.

Regards,

Mariano

nghtflght

Feeling a bit wet behind the ears here, is the return I get (below KJFK/04L), what does "F/L TOR 3460" and "KB TOR 2925" stand for?  Is this Full Length v's Intersection departure?  And are the numbers useable runway length in meters?  Thanks,
n.

F/L TOR 3460
*FLAP 20* TOPL:400.0
ATOW TEMP V1 VR V2
359.0 43 150 162 172
357.0 43 150 162 172
355.0 44 152 164 173
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

KB TOR 2925
*FLAP 20* TOPL:370.4
ATOW TEMP V1 VR V2
359.0 28 148 159 172
357.0 30 150 160 172
355.0 32 148 161 173

Gary Oliver

Hi,

I am assuming you chose INTS (intersections) when you sent your request.

What that means is the TOR (Take off run) length from F/L (full length of the runway) is 3460 meters.

The TOR from intersection KB is 2925m

TOPL is the take off performance limit in tonnes kgs, 400 and 370 respectively.

Note the TOPL can be more than the Max takeoff weight of the aircraft.

Keep the questions coming

Cheers
Gary

nghtflght

Perfect, that all makes sense, lovely piece of work! Thanks.

Britjet

It probably should be "TORA"...

Gary Oliver

Quote from: Britjet on Tue, 24 Oct 2017 10:13
It probably should be "TORA"...

Fixed in BACARS 3.5.2.3.3.2.3 beta 1