News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

A "Lateral Views add-on"....

Started by cagarini, Thu, 17 Aug 2017 15:24

cagarini

I would be in the first day buy of such an add-on, should HH ever decide to build one.

It would use the very same "World" graphics of PSX, and simply give the option for users to set lateral views, at 30, 45, 60 and maybe 90 degree left / right, which could be dragged to other than the main monitor, or run in networked configurations.

I still miss the chance to glance left / right on a visual circuit :-/

Hessel Oosten

José,

For many years already available.
(Of course -via- your scenery generator)

http://www.wideview.it/

Hessel

cagarini

Hessel,

thx for the link and shots!  And yes I am aware of various solutions using external scenery generators ( fsx, p3d, xp ) but I would rather use, just as I presently use, psx standalone.

For one my rig isn't powerful enough to run two sims, and while graphically I found nice to watch my psx approach at night with X-Plane 10 or 11 generating the scenery in another window, I really never found the "perfect" blend between what is displayed in the scenery generator and what we are feeling in psx.

psx alone offers not only a much smoother experience, but also the whole sensations of inertia, turn and pitch rates, etc..., feel better to me that way. My only problem is not being able to properly perform a full visual approach, such as a circling approach...

United744

I'm currently in the process of building a desk so I can stack my computers vertically (X-Plane visuals on the top, PSX on the bottom).

I'm just about to test things before I do that though to see if the sync between the two is smooth enough - not sure if any lag might give motion sickness, especially while flying instruments and watching the PSX screen...