News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

thrust levers does not reach full deflection

Started by Egyptair687, Tue, 1 Aug 2017 16:17

Egyptair687

Hello,

I am using 2 saitek throttles for thrust levers, speed brake and flaps.
Speed brake and flaps are working fine.
But the thrust levers 3 and 4 does not reach the full deflection, they are going from idle to about 80 %, whereas 1 and 2 does not show any problem. looking at the usb settings, the values reach from 0 to 1000... I remember from the manual, that it is possible to adjust the deflection, but haven't found this anymore.
Has someone a hint ? : )

thank you,
Ahmed

Hardy Heinlin

Hello Ahmed,

if #3 and #4 range from 0 to 1000 on the USB page, then all is fine *. What value is entered in the Neutral edit field?

If you move the throttles to idle and then fully forward, they should reach the full forward position.

If the mouse or keyboard or A/T has moved the throttle a bit towards idle, the hardware throttles can no longer reach the full forward position as they are relative positions. To remove that negative additive, move the throttle to idle, or hit one of the two A/T disconnect switches on the thrust stand three times (not the A/T ARM switch).

Regards,

|-|ardy

* Edit: Not fine. It should range from -1000 to 1000.

Egyptair687

Hello Hardy,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, the usb range is from 0 to 1000, the values in the neutral field are set to 0.

I will try to hit the A/T disconnect switch for three times.
Meanwhile I have set engine 1/2 to throttle 1 and 3/4 to throttle 2, that will do the job , but does not allow the adjustment for each engine.

Regards,

Ahmed

Egyptair687

Hello Hardy,

pressing the mentioned button three times forces the lever 1/2 to idle and 3/4 to about 60 % N1.

Like Jimmy Hendrix sang in red house : Wait a minute, something's wrong here :D

thank you,

Ahmed

cavaricooper

Ahmed-

FWIW, I am in the process of converting my rudder/brake pedals to 60 degree Hall Effect pots, as I could not get full -1000 1000 readings regardless of calibration in Windows. There was simply too much travel in the old pots.

Simultaneously, I'm upgrading my Throttle Quadrant sliders with Linear position sensors, again solely for PSX.

Stick with working this through... the rewards PSX offers are well worth the effort.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Tue,  1 Aug 2017 18:21
Hello Ahmed,

if #3 and #4 range from 0 to 1000 on the USB page, then all is fine.

Sorry, Ahmed. My quoted answer was wrong. As per the USB standard for all axes, it should go from -1000 to +1000. If this full USB range is not provided to PSX, the simulator only sees half of the full range.

(The third click on the A/T disconnection switch sets the sim throttles to the USB throttle position, e.g. if the hardware is at idle and the autothrottle has moved the sim throttles out of idle, the third click will set the sim throttles to idle.)

Regards,

|-|ardy

Egyptair687

Hardy,

you are right, 1&2 moves from -1000 to 1000 wheras 3&4 moves only from 0 to 1000.
I will check out this strange behaviour.

thank you,

Ahmed

Egyptair687

Hello Hardy,

the values are ranging only from 0 to 1000 on lever 3&4, wheras the flaps lever, which is on the same quadrant (Saitek throttle with 3 axis) reaches from -1000 to 1000...when i first installed the throttle, it reached from -1000 to 1000 at all 3 axes... in the setup of windows, they reach full deflection... is there any way to double the values or reset it in psx ?

thank you, Ahmed

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Ahmed,

this cannot be changed in PSX, I'm sorry. Saitek or Windows should provide normal axis values as per the USB standard (as it does on your other Saitek axes).

Regards,

|-|ardy

Egyptair687

Hello Hardy,

I didn't know, that this is standard, but then it makes sense to leave the values and change the throttle.

thank you,

Ahmed

Hardy Heinlin

Just curious: When you look at PSX's USB page, when you're moving the third axis very slowly from 0 to 1000 and the indicated value is increasing by small steps, how many units is the smallest step? Same question for the normal axis when moving from -1000 to 1000 ...

|-|ardy

Egyptair687

Hello Hardy,

sorry for the late response...

the normal workin throttle 1&2 has only half of the steps, than 3&4... both start at -1000 and 1&2 stops at +1000, wheras 3&4 are stopping at 0... just curious: the axis for the flaps handle is on the same quadrant as 3&4 and the flaps lever reaches from -1000 to +1000... and a few weeks ago, 3&4 reached from -1000 to + 1000, the limitation to 0 just happened "over night" ..