News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Fsuipc for psx?

Started by FLY744F, Sat, 22 Jul 2017 13:44

FLY744F

Hi All

Is it possible to create a programme like Fsuipc for psx? The idea is for people like myself to fly for a virtual airline without fsx,p3d running and still Va Acars software to pick up your flight?

Tércio Sampaio

+1 for that.

Also to integrate psx with other fsuipc compatible tools like fscommander that includes taxiways and very decent flight maps

mgeiss

Of course that would be nice, but for full functionality with many addons, we would also need SimConnect, which is most unlikely to happen imo.

What I do is run a copy of P3D with minmal settings: all sliders to the left, no addons except FSUIPC and more "negative tuning" to keep it's CPU and GPU usage at an absolute miniumum. This is running on a spare laptop and is connected to PSX over the network.
When I don't need it, the laptop is closed and on standy with P3D already running. When I need it, I just open it and I'm good to go.
Cheers,
Matthias

Aonang

The main problem for me in using FSX for scenery etc.. is that my VA's ACARS programme records the landing rate of the FSX aircraft and not the PSX one.
Because the FSX model is slaved the landing rate is way above that achieved in PSX. Every flight that I have made with PSX to date has resulted in a recorded landing rate in the order of +700fmp, which makes such data valueless and therefore pointless.
I would very much like to see an FSUIPC type programme that would be fully compatible with a stand-alone PSX. Unfortunately I am not a programmer, if I were I would try to write one myself.

Mike

brian747

Hi Mike!

I think I know the "ACARS" program you have in mind.   ;)

In fact, I have been in touch with the person who wrote it about the landing rate issue, however his reply indicated that this is something that is probably not capable of being addressed.

If I understood him correctly, the problem is not simply "because the FSX model is slaved", it concerns the fact that in order to conserve performance the soi-disant "ACARS" add-on only samples the data from FSX at comparatively infrequent intervals. The result of that it that is unable to ascertain the exact landing rate in most cases — to do so, it would need to be able to sample the rate of descent a millisecond before the main gear touches the runway, or something of that kind, and the chances that one of its samples would be taken at that moment are fairly small.

Since our VA doesn't go in for nonsensical "landing competitions" and so on, the landing rate is immaterial to them anyway (I have seen PIREPs with landing rates that are unsurvivable, but the system will still approve them so I've let them through). And as far as you are concerned you're in the happy situation that all the real information you might require (and more) is available from the Analysis | Touchdown page of the PSX Instructor Station.    :)

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Markus Vitzethum

Hi George, Hi Mike,

can you possibly share details on which specific ACARS client your VA is using?

I'm asking because it is indeed possible to develop a stand-alone ACARS client for PSX which connects directly to the standard PSX interfaces.

Actually, I've written such a program. It's named STVacars but currently unpublished. It's designed to be Xacars (which many VAs use) protocol compatible and works pretty well with the Xacars front end my VA is using.
However, I'm not aware that Xacars is transmitting landing rate via it's main protocol, so I understand you might be using a different ACARS client?

Markus

Gary Oliver

Gents,

One of the joys of PSX is that we dont have to faff with FSUIPC or SimConnect...

The correct solution is to get the ACARS programs to talk direct to PSX where all the variables are available in a pleasing manner for you already.

If this is BAV then I have been talking to Dan about getting PSX integrated, however its written in Java which isn't C# so I cannot be much help.

Cheers
Gary

Aonang

Quote from: Markus Vitzethum on Thu,  5 Oct 2017 15:35
Hi George, Hi Mike,

can you possibly share details on which specific ACARS client your VA is using?

I'm asking because it is indeed possible to develop a stand-alone ACARS client for PSX which connects directly to the standard PSX interfaces.

Actually, I've written such a program. It's named STVacars but currently unpublished. It's designed to be Xacars (which many VAs use) protocol compatible and works pretty well with the Xacars front end my VA is using.
However, I'm not aware that Xacars is transmitting landing rate via it's main protocol, so I understand you might be using a different ACARS client?

Markus
Hello Markus,

Sorry for this late reply.

The ACARs programme that my VA uses is, I believe, an in-house one. I do not think it is off the shelf

Mike