News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Feature Request: FMCS V1 SPD Inhibit

Started by G-CIVA, Fri, 16 Jun 2017 02:16

G-CIVA

Hardy,

Many Airlines have selected the option to have the FMCS REF V1 speed entry on the TAKE OFF REF Page inhibited: 

Some airlines have taken up the option to have all three entries (V1, VR & V2 inhibited).

Would it be possible to add these as model specific user 'selectable' options?  I realise this might interfere with the 'V1' & 'Rotate' Callouts but I was wondering if this was possible?  I also know that it is available as part of the software made available to us by a certain simulator team know to wear Sombreros based in Hampshire, England.

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag! Precision Simulator.

Steve
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Hardy Heinlin

I cannot inhibit all three V speeds, but V1 can be inhibited. In your pref file (not model file) set:

CustomCode=4

More info: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=3462.msg35635#msg35635

Regards,

|-|ardy

G-CIVA

Quote from: G-CIVA on Fri, 16 Jun 2017 04:12
Ah Ok Hardy, I missed this - I should pay attention to the update process more closely! .... many thanks!

Best

Steve
Steve Bell
aka The CC

G-CIVA

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Fri, 16 Jun 2017 03:31
I cannot inhibit all three V speeds, but V1 can be inhibited. In your pref file (not model file) set:

CustomCode=4

Hardy,

This is not working for me, I am sure the fault lies with me, I have tried my Default.pref file, my 3 a.1, a.2 & a.3 pref files, individually, collectively ... nothing seems to be working at my end.

Any ideas?
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Hardy Heinlin

It works for me.

Load any takeoff situ, and on TAKEOFF REF page enter D or W for dry/wet runway condition: All V speeds except for V1 will be recomputed and displayed in small font; V1 will remain dashed as intended.

|-|ardy

G-CIVA

Hardy,

Ok - I'll try that, I had not been entering the 'D' or 'W' prefix (since I had made the edit every take off I had made had been DRY); once the PERF INIT Page was complete & moving on via the THR REF Page I was seeing the V1 entry populated in small font every time.

Best

Steve
Steve Bell
aka The CC