News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Another unable to connect psx p3d via visualpsx

Started by perukarlsen, Wed, 5 Apr 2017 11:29

Gary Oliver

Hi,

If you run 'netstat -a -b' from a command prompt it will tell you which process is listening on which port.  This will help you track down what is blocking PSX from being able to open port 10747 and 10749.

If there is no process doing so it will no doubt be a local firewall rule.  Do you have anything installed except the standard windows firewall ?  If not then use the 'windows firewall with advance security menu' to put all profiles into Allow Mode.

Cheers
Gary

perukarlsen

Thank you all. Many good ideas here. I will test this when i'm back from easter holiday. So if you don't here something from me in a week, no worries, i'm just up in the mountains skiing and driving scooter. :)
QM Part-147/66
Instructor Part-66
RC-instructor planes/drones

perukarlsen

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Thu,  6 Apr 2017 16:06
If there is no process doing so it will no doubt be a local firewall rule.  Do you have anything installed except the standard windows firewall ?  If not then use the 'windows firewall with advance security menu' to put all profiles into Allow Mode.

Standard windows firewall. I have turned it off. One thing I have to check I remember now, is that our IT compartment has build this computer and installed win7. But they have their own adm account on our computer. Could also be that there are some possibilities that I don't have access to or their adm account is making problems for me.
The computer is not connected to internett by the way.
QM Part-147/66
Instructor Part-66

Gary Oliver

Ah!  I wonder if it wont let you bind a port under a non admin account...

asboyd

Also check with them to make sure they are not using the port for remote maintenance or background updates/monitoring..!
Cheers

PS enjoy your break.... :)
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

perukarlsen

Well...
Now the problem is solved so far. Got admin rights, but what I probably have doen wrong is simconnect.xml.
I don't know why, but i had changes the port in that file to 10747. Not standard 29674 which it should be.
A week vacation and fresh eyes helped.

Now I have minor adjustmenst left to get it to work Perfect.
problems still to fix:
-Scenery seems to move very quick (Ground speed 11 kts looks like 100 kts)
-There is flames from the Aircraft all the time
-Button inputs in PSX affects P3D. (If I raise gir, then view changes in P3D to spot view)

Thank you again for Your effort in helping me. I will continue to search for sollutions to get everything Perfect and give feedback if I find ways to fix it.
QM Part-147/66
Instructor Part-66

cavaricooper

Hello-

Re. your last issue- duplicate assignments in PSX and P3D.... check all and eliminate any (on the same machine).

HTH- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

perukarlsen

QM Part-147/66
Instructor Part-66