News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Is there a way to have a moving map (e.g. on Ipad) to track my PSX flights?

Started by rioflo, Wed, 22 Mar 2017 09:15

rioflo

Dear all

I'm looking for a simple moving map tool to be able to track my PSX flight real time on a separate Display or ideally on an Ipad. Or is there another way to track my flights?

I remember a very handy moving map while in the old PS1 days, which was very lean and simple but did exactly fulfill my wishes...

Thanks very much for your suggestions!

Best regards
Flav

Pierre Theillere

Hi Flav!

You could have a look at PSX Traffic and ForeFlight Connector - http://www.inside.net/ss/ - used with ForeFlight app for iPad - https://foreflight.com - I didn't try this myself (yet!), as it's a yearly investment, but really starting to strongly consider it!
Pierre, LFPG

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Flav,

what I'm doing is using GPS output to drive a moving map software (there are probably many options available for PCs) on a second PC.

In my case, I am using FSUIPC and GPSout by Peter Dowson to extract GPS data from my P3D (or FSX) visual system. This NMEA0183 GPS output writes a serial port (which is usually emulated in software these days); the serial port data can be read by common moving map solutions to display the position of the aircraft.

Markus

martin

This perhaps?
(at least for separate display; probably not for iPad. Well, perhaps the iPad can run Java and connect to PSX?)

It may be overkill for a moving map, but it can be used as one. And you can select roadmaps instead of satellite imagery for the display.

Cheers,
Martin

evaamo

Navigraph is making a huge upgrade to their cloud and mobile chart apps. They are switching from LIDO to Jeppesen and will take advantage of the Geo-referenced feature of Jeppesen charts (specially ground and approach charts) to offer a moving map solution.

They are supporting X-Plane 11, FSX and P3D out of the box.

I wrote a post in their forums asking for details on how to integrate PSX to their upcoming version and was told they'd look into it. If there are other Navigraph users here maybe you should go to Navigraph's forum and ask for PSX support.

I'm not a fan of Jeppesen, but I must say the new moving map feature would be a great tool for those of us who use PSX as a stand-alone simulator without the aid of a scenery generator for taxiing around airports.

Cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

andrej

Hey Enrique,

I have posted on their forums. Frankly, I am surprised by the negative feedback from many users from the LIDO to Jeppesen switch.

[EDIT] Quick update from the Navigraph - message from Magnus:

Regarding the Aerowinx PSX, it seems like this would be relatively easy.
[EDIT]

Cheers,
Andrej

dbw

There is a small program available to link P3d (&fsx) to ForeFlight using the foreflight program on the Ipad. It works good.
Dave
Dave / in Winnipeg / Canada