News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Ground elevation jumps on clients

Started by Markus Vitzethum, Sat, 18 Mar 2017 12:13

Markus Vitzethum

Hi all,

when I was taxing out today on a flight departing FAOR with P3D as external visual connected (via VisualPSX for P3D), I noticed that both of my clients had a problem with the ground elevation.

I am sure I'm not the first one to observe this (I have seen it last weekend in Gary's session) but I am not sure whether there is a fix for that or a reference in the forum.

What happens is that when taxiing out, the main server and the P3D visuals are perfectly happy, but both clients frequently "fall back" to the ground, that is, there is a sharp drop, momentarily, in elevation and pitch (down to -40°), while the speed tape becomes red and the F/O calls "eighty".

I know similar effects from loading a SITU on the main server, where the SITU was stored with external visuals connected but loaded without external visuals (and ground elevation needs time to adjust).
Is this effect related e.g. ground elevation is not synchronized across the network?

If necessary, I can provide a video to show this effect, and a situation file.

Thanks for any help,

Markus

Peter Lang

Hi Markus,

I sometimes have the same effect. With both P3D and X-Plane. As far as I remember, a similar effect was already mentioned in combination with the "80" callout.

Peter

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

I don't have external scenery software so I can't experiment with it directly; I need to reproduce those effects within my "laboratory" and inject elevation data like an external scenery software would do. For this I need to know the exact conditions ...

So, in a reproducible problem situation:

1. What elevation is being injected into the PSX server? *

2. Is the elevation which is being injected into PSX constant? *

3. What would be PSX's elevation at that location if the external scenery software was disconnected? *

4. Does it only happen when PSX's elevation is lower than the external scenery's elevation?

5. Where does it happen? (Copy aircraft latitude/longitude from Instructor map)

6. When it happens, do all PSX clients behave in the same way?

7. Does it only happen when a network connection is in progress or a situation file is being loaded?

* Please refer to the aircraft altitude edit field on the Position page of the PSX server's Instructor screen.

Thanks!

|-|ardy

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Hardy,

I can only answer 5-6 so far - I'm at Gary's place right now visiting his sim.

It happened at FAOR (Johannesburg), all the way out on the taxiway (coordinates later). And it happened on all (both) clients.

More details when I'm back home,

Markus

Hardy Heinlin

Yes, GodAtum, your thread is known, thank you. This thread now goes a step further: I need exact answers to my exact questions above.