News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Britjet on Twitch with Gary Sunday 12th March

Started by Britjet, Sat, 11 Mar 2017 19:51

Britjet

Hi all,

Gary and I are going to be running an online session on Twitch TV tomorrow focusing on anything that folks would like to see - probably failures, but anything goes!
For those who haven't tried the Simfest feed on TWITCH yet - go to www.twitch.com and look in the search box for "Simfest". (There are a few of our old videos on there as well).
We expect to be "live" from 14:00 GMT on Sunday (tomorrow, as I write). It will probably go on until the evening our time - particularly if we have suitable refreshment....
To anyone who hasn't seen Gary's sim - and the video feed - you are in for a treat!
If you would like to post comments or questions on the live feed then you have to quickly set up a TWITCH account - and we will monitor that real-time and respond accordingly.
Simfest is a charity organisation and as such it has a charity payment system for those that round like to contribute but the idea of tomorrow is really just an instructional "adventure", so please don't feel pressured..
We hope to see you!
Peter

Hardy Heinlin

Great! :-)

Hi Gary,

if it's not too late before you're going online ...

I highly recommend to install the latest PSX version 10.1.1-beta31:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4020.0

I know you have to reboot several programs ... but I think it's worth it!

:-)

|-|ardy

Gary Oliver

Hardy,

No problem... I've got an external sim update to do anyway.

Cheers
Gary

Markus Vitzethum

Magnificent ... I'm watching while waiting for the BBQ guests. So much better than sitting in the garden enjoying the first day sunny spring day here.  8) Looking forward to seeing it myself...

Markus

Avi

Hi,

It was very nice to watch and I have a few questions (which you may answer them already but I missed).

First of all it was very interesting to see how surprised you were with the jammed landing gear lever.  :)
1. Why did you depressurize hydraulic system #1 before you set flaps to at least 10 (why didn't you do it just before lowing the gear alternately)?
2. Why did you raised the flaps all the way UP after the go around (or did you already decided to return to SBGR)?
3. Why did you decided to return to SBGR?
4. Why didn't you re-pressurize system #1 after you decided to return to SBGR to raise the gear?

Cheers,

Avi Adin
LLBG

Britjet

Quote from: Avi on Sun, 12 Mar 2017 18:34
Hi,

It was very nice to watch and I have a few questions (which you may answer them already but I missed).

First of all it was very interesting to see how surprised you were with the jammed landing gear lever.  :)
1. Why did you depressurize hydraulic system #1 before you set flaps to at least 10 (why didn't you do it just before lowing the gear alternately)?
2. Why did you raised the flaps all the way UP after the go around (or did you already decided to return to SBGR)?
3. Why did you decided to return to SBGR?
4. Why didn't you re-pressurize system #1 after you decided to return to SBGR to raise the gear?

Cheers,

Hi Avi.
We weren't surprised - we were acting lol
1) what you say makes some sense - but the QRH isn't designed this way. For whatever reason Boeing want the system depressurised as a start point - so that is the way it is done.  I agree that either method will achieve the desired result.
2)we had already commited to return to SBGL as part of our "master plan" but in fact if you thought a quick fix to the vuvuzela problem was possible then of course flap 5 would be a good idea.
3) no particular reason except we had to inform the other VATSIM flyers of our route intentions.
4) interesting possibility. I don't know the actual logistics of this but certainly in training it was de facto that the gear was staying down once it had been extended by the alternate system. I don't know the technical aspects too well. It may be that there is a real danger of messing things up if you re-pressurise the system after a manual extension.

HTH

Peter

JohnH

Enjoyed the flights very much, thanks

John

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Gary & Mark,

I moved my off-topic to the Networkers subforum:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4157.0

Cheers,

|-|ardy

emerydc8