News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2017

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:34

Dave

Just downloaded and about to install.

Thanks, Hardy.

Dave SBCF
David Oliveira

United744

CarlBB

Hi Hardy,

Forgive me - Even though I frequent the forms regularly I have only just seen this.

Off to buy this now.

Thank you for this and everything that is PSX :)

Carl

767Captain

Greetings!  I recently purchased PSX and this is my first post.  First and foremost...what an amazing product!  I flew the -400 and -8 for the last two years and I'm blown away by PSX's complexity.

Regarding the update...my apologies if this has already been broached, but has the possibility of supporting updates with Navigraph been explored?  I subscribe to their updates for my other flight sim products and thought it seemed like a good idea.

Cheers,

David

Hardy Heinlin

Thank you, David. Welcome aboard!

Yes, the possibilities with Navigraph (and Aerosoft) have been explored several times in the past years, and this is the final summary:

Precision Simulator has been, and will be, used by professional customers like universities, schools, airlines etc. For this reason, Navigraph and Aerosoft cannot provide data to PSX as they are not authorized by their suppliers to sell data to professional customers, especially not at entertainment mass market prices. Therefore this service here is independent of the others, and the plan is to provide a database update to PSX users once per year (using the March cycle) to keep the costs as low as possible.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

joyschtik

Hi,

I am having difficulties updating the database in the FMC. I've updated PSX to 10.1.7 and bought, downloaded, installed Navdata 1703. The About info shows 10.1.7 and 1703.

This is from loading situation load KJFK Carnasie 13L

And this from YMML load

How do I update new database in all situations as I'm missing some coded approaches for YMML for example.

Thanks kindly.  :)

torrence

A frequent confusion between the current Database PSX is using and the simulated database that is shown in the IDENT FMS page -

Bottom line is that whatever the ABOUT page shows is what PSX is using regardless of situ.  Situ's can show any time you want depending on when they were saved and can be syncned to Real World UTC on the Situ/Time Page.  The simulated FMS NAV database is kept updated by a virtual engineer as long as you have the FMS services box checked on the Situ/Service page for your situations (hover the mouse over the "Select valid FMC nav database" for more information).  See also new manual page 100 which also discusses this. 

Simple example: if you have a situ that was generated at some previous date just park aircraft and Copy real world UTC to simulated UTC on the time page.  The virtual engineer should load the current (simulated) AIRAC cycle so that is shows up on the IDENT page.  I kept getting hung up on this when running cold and dark start up simulations and just put the Copy real world UTC item on my personal check list after loading the situ.  If you want to fly at a non real world date/time somewhere (e.g. by setting Simulated UTC and Season on the Time page) just don't worry about it - your engineer will load the correct simulated AIRAC cycle for what you choose, just be aware that PSX will still be using the latest yearly nav update shown on the ABOUT page anyway. 

Hardy hasn't yet built a REAL time-machine into PSX.  Maybe in vers 10.2 ...

Cheers,
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

Hardy Heinlin

Torrence is right ...

Quote from post #1 of this thread (this note is also included on the download web sites):

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:34

Check your new AIRAC cycle number in Precision Simulator:
When the new database is installed, the cycle number "1703" is displayed on the Instructor screen under About/Quit (refer to page 93 of the manual). Ignore the cycle dates on the FMC IDENT page! Those are simulated cycle dates and vary with the simulated time of the year (refer to page 346); they are intended for FMS training only, and don't refer to the physically installed cycle.

Page 93 is now page 100 in the new manual.
Page 346 is now page 357 in the new manual.

Situ files do not contain nav databases! They just contain a route or two. No matter how old your situ file is, PSX can use just one nav database; namely the one indicated on Instructor > About.

When the virtual engineer is deactivated, the FMC IDENT dates are still set according to the simulated time set on Instructor > Time. But then you have to swap the simulated databases on the IDENT page yourself when the next simulated cycle is to be activated. It is to be activated when the message NAV DATA OUT OF DATE appears. How to activate (swap) the simulated current database is described on page 346/357.

Regards,

|-|ardy

joyschtik

Hey, thanks very much both Torrence and Hardy.

It is very much appreciated. I will get it done when I get home tonight..

Cheers

cagarini

I couldn't buy it at the Aerosoft Store ( credit card not working there ), so I went Simware.

Got it and already installed, but just a warning that when the download link is made available it reads 1603 instead of 1703, although the version effectivelly downloaded is the correct one.

Enjoying the ND features again :-)

peb

New to all this PSX stuff.

Is there a difference between obtaining Nav Database Updates from say Aerowinx or from Navigraph themselves?

mgeiss

You can't update PSX's Navdata through Navigraph or Aerosoft NavData.
Cheers,
Matthias

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: peb on Sun, 13 Aug 2017 15:21
Is there a difference between obtaining Nav Database Updates from say Aerowinx or from Navigraph themselves?

The word "themselves" makes no sense in this context; Aerowinx doesn't get data from Navigraph.

Aerowinx gets data directly from Navtech, respectively from Navblue; they renamed their suffix from -tech to -blue as they are now part of Airbus. The company with the ending -graph is something completely different.

For more details you may refer to the first post in this thread.

Regards,

|-|ardy

peb

Hardy Heinlin

Note: This is an outdated thread; here is the 2019 thread:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=5157.0