News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2017

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:34

Hardy Heinlin

Note: This is an outdated thread; here is the 2019 thread:
http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=5157.0

Good evening all,

the Nav Database Update for the year 2017 (using AIRAC cycle 1703) is now available:

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2018 at Hyway Australia

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2018 at Aviation Megastore

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2018 at Aerosoft USA

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2018 at Aerosoft Germany

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2018 at Simware Belgium

Of course, like the previous update, this new 2017 update too will enable the enhanced weather radar graphics that are available in PSX version 10.0.08 and higher. If you have questions regarding the weather radar, please post them in this thread.

Please note that our database provider is still the same, but they are now part of the Airbus Group and they changed their name from "Navtech" to "Navblue".

General info:
Precision Simulator has been, and will be, used by professional customers like universities, schools, airlines etc. For this reason, Navigraph and Aerosoft cannot provide data to PSX as they are not authorized by their suppliers to sell data to professional customers, especially not at entertainment mass market prices. Therefore this service here is independent of the others, and the plan is to provide a database update to PSX users once per year (using the March cycle) to keep the costs as low as possible.

The database is used by the following components in Precision Simulator:
- Flight Management System
- EGPWS landing-short-of-runway alert (TCF)
- Navaid stations and receivers
- Airport communication radios and receivers
- Voice-ATC and CPDLC simulation
- Voice-ATIS and D-ATIS
- METAR management
- Instructor maps
- Instructor Analysis pages
- Instructor aircraft repositioning tools
- Scenery generator (runways, gates, airport beacons)

System requirement:
Precision Simulator update 10.0.2 or higher: the latest update can be downloaded free of charge.

Database installation:
Don't unzip the downloaded file. Just copy the zip file to the (empty) subfolder Aerowinx/Navigation/-New and restart Precision Simulator. That's all. If you use multiple computers in a local Precision Simulator network, install the file in the same way also on those computers. With one purchased download you are allowed to use up to four database copies within your local network.

Check your new AIRAC cycle number in Precision Simulator:
When the new database is installed, the cycle number "1703" is displayed on the Instructor screen under About/Quit (refer to page 93 of the manual). Ignore the cycle dates on the FMC IDENT page! Those are simulated cycle dates and vary with the simulated time of the year (refer to page 346); they are intended for FMS training only, and don't refer to the physically installed cycle.

Thank you for your interest!

Regards,

|-|ardy

cavaricooper

Thank-you for your hard work all year long!  This is one of the few times I feel incredibly grateful for what I receive for the price of admission. Done and installed- much appreciated!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

G-CIVA

Thanks Hardy,

This hard work is, as ever always appreciated.

Steve
Steve Bell
aka The CC

asboyd

New Nav Data working well...
Cheers,
AB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Phil Bunch

Is there a simple way to verify on the Aerosoft web page that the listed update is the 2017 update?  I didn't see a code or other ID for the update that is for sale.

Here's a link:

http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/simulators/1431/aerowinx-nav-database-update?number=AS13774

Thanks for all your work in updating and enhancing PSX.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Hardy Heinlin

If you want to get the update from Aerosoft, please ask them if the new 2017 update is already available.

I don't know more than you know, unfortunately.

Thanks!

|-|ardy

asboyd

I bought mine from the Aerosoft web site this morning (Sydney OZ time ) ;)

All good to go. I have emailed them to put the db cycle number on the web page for the product as they did not have it there....

Cheers,
AB

asboyd

Sure did... Looks like they have updated already. :)

tango4

Bought this morning from aviation megastore.
1703 Up and running !

It even seems to correct some issues. The MID SID from EGLL on 27L is working !
Thanks a lot to the Airbus group for their support to the best Boeing sim  ::)

andrej

Dear Hardy,

thanks for the update! Installed and everything runs well.

Cheers,
Andrej

Frans Spruit

Hi Hardy,

New Nav Data working like a charm.

Thanks,

Frans

Phil Bunch

Aerosoft has now placed several text items on their Nav Database purchase web page, making it *completely certain* that you are buying the latest (2017) version. 

Here's one example:

"This is the latest version 1703 for 2017."

The link to this Aerosoft purchase web page is:

http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/simulators/1431/aerowinx-nav-database-update-2017?number=AS13774

Thanks to Aerosoft and the users who requested these web page improvements.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

tim96

Good Evening,

works fine by Aerosoft Germany. Thank you Hardy for the new update!

Cheers
Volker

Sylle

Quote from: tango4 on Tue, 28 Feb 2017 08:33
Bought this morning from aviation megastore.
1703 Up and running !

Same here...
Thanks |-|ardy!

Sylvain

Bastien

United744

Thanks Hardy!! All your work is greatly appreciated!  8)

lentik

Same here...
Thanks |-|ardy!

Sebastian

Markus Vitzethum

> It even seems to correct some issues. The MID SID from EGLL on 27L is working !

Well spotted. I'm glad to hear that. It looks perfect on the ND now and also works like a charm when flying this departure route. ;-)

Markus

torrence

Quote from: tango4 on Tue, 28 Feb 2017 08:33
Thanks a lot to the Airbus group for their support to the best Boeing sim  ::)

My installation is working great also. 

With respect to mutual support in international aviation - including how it all works with multiple engineering standards, cultures and strange mixed units (ft, m, baro units, flight levels, kg, lb, gal, etc etc etc) I am often reminded of Samuel Johnson's comment on being asked what he thought of of the walking dog act at a show.  "The wonder is not that is not done well, but that it is done at all."  Sorry, my limited Deutsch can't translate this (add to above list "communications in: multiple English, totally non-English, and previous English colonial dialects - you know who you are"). But it works.

Cheers,
Torrence  (no relative of the Johnson referred to above - my Finnish grandfather changed his name after coming to the US at the beginning of last century to make it more pronounceable.  Lot of Swedes where he ended up.)

Cheers
Torrence