News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

CPDLC

Started by Cbf, Mon, 2 Jan 2017 11:11

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: DougSnow on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 06:32
There are more changes coming to the Ocean next March - new ICAO 2012 flight planning codes to identify the aircraft's RCP RSP capabilities to get even closer separation - as low as 23 nm lateral and 30 nm longitudinal separation with the best capabilities on the aircraft; just waiting for ICAO to sign and release the new GOLD Document and the new PBCS Manual.
Yeah -- I am being bothered by all kinds of people who want to kick themselves in higher gear to meet the upcoming GOLD performance requirements. Which isn't trivial over the Atlantic with all kinds of competing radio systems and CMUs that don't have the intelligence to just quit VHF when coast-out.

Hoppie

Cbf

Hi hardy,
I often fly with CPDLC. I select the less restrictive option. I get the descent clearance nearby TOD. During descent, I get the LOGOFF/Contact approach clearance. I wilco and LOGOFF using FMCDU (ATC COM > SELECT OFF). When I contact voice ATC, I often have to PTT 2 or 3 times before getting a reply. Do I miss something?
Regards

Hardy Heinlin

I think you need not call ATC after logoff; they call you when there is a new instruction.

Cbf

I will try during next flight.
Thanks Hardy

Cbf

Hardy,
Actually, I always save my flights approx 80NM of TOD. I have tried without ATC contact. Approach contacted me to assign an alltitude clearance but no new squawk code was sent.
Regards

Hardy Heinlin

Just keep the existing squawk.

Cbf

Hardy,
I tried an other scenary. After logoff, I did not contact Approach as you suggested. I had a new squawk code with "radar contact".  ATC scenarios vary like in real life ;).
Regards