News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

More Tutorial Videos

Started by emerydc8, Sun, 16 Oct 2016 08:03

cavaricooper

Jon-

Your HKG video is brilliant- got me thinking of all sorts of uses for Discos and E/o RTEs.... Loved learning how to go PBD off a created (PBD) WP.... excellent!

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

the mad hatter

emerydc8

Thanks. I just added another video on speed intervention during a VNAV descent.
https://youtu.be/eyJZtmlDh1Y

Jon

torrence

Great stuff, Jon

Question on the VHHH  engine out escape tutorial:

When I set up a VHHH take off situ to work with this scenario I got the end result to come out pretty much as in your video, but noticed that the first PBD entry I added got labeled SMT01 on the FMC instead of SMT02 in your demo.  Overall route result was the same except for numbering difference.  I did start with a different RT1 in the FMC, but everything else was pretty much as in your video.  I seem to remember discussions in earlier posts about numbering of PBD waypoints being quirky depending on the FMC programming, but haven't checked the Bulfer notes on this lately.

At any rate, it was very instructive. 

Cheers
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Torrence,

in the real FMC and in PSX there is an internal counter for this purpose that is reset on flight completion. Every entry that requires a waypoint sequence number will increase that counter, no matter whether it's RTE 1 or 2, and no matter where in the route the entry is made. Sequence number 00 is used for any PBD or PBPB entry on the PROGRESS 1/3 page in 4L.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Just for reference (not an "RTFM"): Page 385.

torrence

Ah - that's the sort of thing I remembered (sort of).  I'd hate to get this as a oral question on an exam!

Thanks
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

Avi

The complete answer is that Jon (in 99.99% probability) created a waypoint named SMT01, deleted it and created a new waypoint and this time it received the next counter (2) and became SMT02.

The counter is 01-49 for RTE 1 and 51-99 for RTE 2.
Avi Adin
LLBG

emerydc8

QuoteThe complete answer is that Jon (in 99.99% probability) created a waypoint named SMT01, deleted it and created a new waypoint and this time it received the next counter (2) and became SMT02.

99.99999% probability this is what happened.

[ADDENDUM]: Just added another video. Thanks again, Hardy.

What Speed Will Appear in the Window?
https://youtu.be/QmibElrJ8s8

jtsjc1

Jon thanks for another excellent video. Btw I like your setup. Nice!
Joe

pcpilot

Hi Jon

Many thanks for posting your video links very much appreciated. For some reason these had passed me by and I only found and started watching them today.

I personally like the the way you pause the video and explain what is happening. A lot of time and effort must have gone into producing the final material so thank you for your efforts.

All the best.

Graham.

emerydc8

Thanks, guys. I start off with a script, but it ends up in the trash by the time it's over, so it's teleprompter-free. That's probably why it's not as succinct as it could be. Cheers.

Jon

emerydc8

B747-400

Hi Jon,

thanks for this interesting video!

I will receive my genuine 747-400 overhead the next few days - my setup has no Autostart switch - good timing ;)

Cheers
Hans

John H Watson

Thanks, Jon.
You're not wrong about the speed of the start on the CF6  :) It's easy to lose track of what is going on if you don't practise the this procedure.

emerydc8

Thanks, Hans.

John,
Speaking of that, I did a new video, this time on hot starts. I decided to do it in real time instead of half speed. It happens faster than I can talk about it. https://youtu.be/DRDnXm3Y6Jg

I think we discussed the starter duty limits on another forum a while back and came to the conclusion that Boeing's published figures varied a bit based on whether they were for use by mechanics versus pilots.

Jon

Will

Thanks, Jon. There probably isn't a chance of a "differences course" for the RR engines, is there? ;-)
Will /Chicago /USA

emerydc8

That would probably be for the guy on the other side of the Atlantic. Sorry, I don't know anything about the RR, but there are only so many ways to skin a cat.

emerydc8

Magoo

Very nice work, and setup!

funkyhut

Thanks Jon. Really great videos.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.