News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET

Started by Mark, Wed, 13 Jul 2016 17:05

HercMighty

Gary,

Thanks! Appreciate you hosting.

Can people share some info on the doors module? Wondering a few things:

1. Early Turnaround, anyone use and what configuration?
2. Just prior to push, anyone use and what configuration?
3. Push/Approach Stand, anyone use and what configuration?

Doors Auto/Man I understand, but the On Stand button I am not sure.

Thanks

farrokh747

Hi Gary -

one feature request     -    minimise on start option    -

cheers and thanks

fc

GodAtum

Hi, I read in another post PSX.NET has Motu8 support. I guess that's for the cabin call functionality?

GodAtum

Wondering if you could add buttons into the CDU to pause time and load situation files?

Swiso

A couple of questions :
What it mean (and what is it for) the "BANG" button below " Autoconnect and retry" on the PSX page ?
Could someone explain the " Pilots Call Panel" function ? What it should be the COM1 device that should be connected ? My printer ?

Thanks.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: GodAtum on Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:39
Wondering if you could add buttons into the CDU to pause time and load situation files?

Just curious. With the current availability of good, affordable tablets, which are a magnificent addition to a sim to do all the previously 'from the instructor station' actions from the pilot's seat, why do we still ask for CDU extensions?

Hoppie

GodAtum

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Mon, 10 Dec 2018 23:57
Quote from: GodAtum on Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:39

Just curious. With the current availability of good, affordable tablets, which are a magnificent addition to a sim to do all the previously 'from the instructor station' actions from the pilot's seat, why do we still ask for CDU extensions?

Hoppie

I'm not sure what you mean, my ipads cannot run the instructor station?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Oh but that can be fixed I'm sure. Any virtual desktop display should do it fine. I didn't try it but others will... anybody?

Hoppie

Martin Baker

A question re this wonderful add-on. There are two auto buttons in the doors module, but they do not get replicated in the Centre CDU. Is there a way to trigger them without leaving PSX itself?

Thanks,

Martin

James H

Hi Gary,

Could I please resurrect farrokh747's question RE: the PSX.NET Weather module?

I can't for the life of me work out the IP address and port required for the P3D connection section of the module. I assume this is the same IP address that the P3D.ExternalSim.Router uses to talk to P3D, but I can't find what it is.

Do you know how to find the correct router IP and port?

James.

James H

Disregard I worked it out, no SimConnect  ;D

farrokh747

HI James -

can you elaborate on how you got it working...?

cheers...

fc

James H

Hi Farrokh,

I used the instructions from the following site as a guide. It talks about Active Sky, but the process is the same.
http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/8/networked-configuration-with-simconnect

I run Prepar3d on one computer, and on a separate computer I run PSX and PSX.NET. The following is how I setup my system. I'm quite a rookie when it comes to this, so some parts might be unnecessary.

1) I ran SimConnect.msi on both my Prepar3D and PSX computers. You can find SimConnect.msi at the following location:
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

2) I downloaded and installed the Prepar3d Software Development Kit on my Prepar3d computer. This is available on the Prepar3d website under the purchased downloads section. I only did this part because it includes a folder with some template files that you can use.

3) I copied the file SimConnect.ini
from Prepar3d computer:
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.12.30293\config\SimConnect
to Prepar3d computer:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

4) I copied the file SimConnect.xml
from Prepar3d computer:
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.12.30293\config\SimConnect
to Prepar3d comptuer:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

I then edited SimConnect.xml and changed the following sections:
<!-- Example Global (remote) IPv4 Server Configuration-->
-<SimConnect.Comm>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>IP ADDRESS OF YOUR PREPAR3D COMPUTER</Address>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>MAKE UP A NUMBER (UP TO 65535)</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>8192</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>True</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
<!-- Example Local Pipe Server Configuration-->
-<SimConnect.Comm>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>
<Scope>local</Scope>
</SimConnect.Comm>

5) I moved SimConnect.cfg
from PSX and PSX.NET computer:
C:\PSX.NET\Debug\Modules
to PSX and PSX.NET computer:
C:\[USERNAME]\Documents

If you use OneDrive (as I do), you need to put it in the following location instead:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\OneDrive\Documents

I then edited this file so that the Address and Port values matched what I had written in SimConnect.xml

6) When I had PSX and Prepar3d running, I ran PSX.NET.

Under the Weather tab, I input the same Address and Port values as from SimConnect.xml and clicked the red 'Visual Sim Disconnected' button. It then connected.

I hope my explanation helps. Good luck :)

James.

farrokh747

Thanks James!

ill give it a try.....

cheers

fc

Martin Baker

Sorry to be a pest, but does anyone know the answer to this?

Quote from: Martin B on Thu, 11 Apr 2019 16:04
A question re this wonderful add-on. There are two auto buttons in the doors module, but they do not get replicated in the Centre CDU. Is there a way to trigger them without leaving PSX itself?