News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET

Started by Mark, Wed, 13 Jul 2016 17:05

cavaricooper

Mark/Gary et al-

Could I please ask about the following (your workload permitting)-

1). Could Push be followed by Pull... ATM there is no ability for pull or a second push, following the initial push.
2). Is there a way to save the path for the Wx folder so it doesn't need to be chosen each time?
3). BACARS integration....

No hurry, no pressure- just thoughts to consider when your to-dos permit latitude...

Thanks again for all you do for us!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Michael Benson

Hi ASB,

Sorry for my tardiness in replying, it's been a little hectic recently.

Quote from: asboyd on Tue, 14 Feb 2017 22:27
However I tested the latest version and if a I configure the doors for the passenger ER to use Entry 1L, Aft Cargo Fwd Cargo and Bulk as a boarding config, when I click boarding the timers flash between seconds and finished. Also 1L entry does not open, the others do...

You shouldn't get any timers when selecting Boarding - it just instantaneously sets the configuration you have in the settings.  The only buttons that start timers are the auto buttons (Doors Auto/Man and On Stand).

Can you confirm exactly the steps you go through to get to the problem you're finding.  I am at the moment rewriting the auto logic anyway to make it more robust and user friendly so I may inadvertently fix it anyway :S

Quote from: cavaricooper on Wed, 22 Feb 2017 00:23
1). Could Push be followed by Pull... ATM there is no ability for pull or a second push, following the initial push.
2). Is there a way to save the path for the Wx folder so it doesn't need to be chosen each time?

1 - I am not sure what version we have uploaded at the moment, but the current one allows you to push and pull at will.  I'll have a word with Mark about running another release.

2 - I think I've fixed that a while ago, but shall check before release.

asboyd

G'day Mark.
I have grabbed some screen captures of what is happening after I configure the PSX app.
The MainPage is the srtartup.
The Config I have set to Boarding.
When I start PSXNet and am using the situ I have included the StartupDoors happens.
The timers countdown then I sometimes get error messages saying some doors are open and should be closed..

Here is a link to the zip file in my dropbox containing the files.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgk0uf78uiwrxta/PSXNetTimers.zip?dl=0
Cheers,
Alex
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

JRBarrett

Quote from: Triple7 on Thu,  2 Mar 2017 23:03

1 - I am not sure what version we have uploaded at the moment, but the current one allows you to push and pull at will.  I'll have a word with Mark about running another release.

The link to PSX.NET in the first post of this thread appears to point at Version 1.0.0 of the software from several months ago. Is there an alternate link to obtain the latest version?

Thanks!

tango4

Hi Mark,

First in reply to the post above, the link can be found on the site www.psxaddons.com

Then, I come here for a question.
I am back to trying PSX running with P3D to take advantage of all the features the wonderful "British PSX Task Force" have implemented.
I am just unable to run the "Wind" module, and I don't know if I am doing something wrong.

What happens is that it looks like everything is working fine (I even get to the point in PSX.net where it is written: "Status: Wind data loaded" after I load them in PSX).
But the data are not correct. My feeling is that everything within PSX.net is working OK, but PSX somehow fails to "intercept" the data. So it looks like I find myself with data coming directly from PSX instead of data coming from the .wx file I generated using PFPX and AS16.

Any suggestion or help would be welcome.

Thanks again for the amazing work.

Charles

tango4

Disregard,
I just saw a big bright light and figured it out !

I was generating a plan with PFPX that included sids and stars (so those waypoints were included in my .wx file)
But the PSX route plan did not include it, so there was a discrepancy.

Seems to be working like a charm now !

Sorry for the post above...

Charles

JRBarrett

Quote from: tango4 on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:19
Hi Mark,

First in reply to the post above, the link can be found on the site www.psxaddons.com

I thought I had read in a previous message that the developer did not support the version at www.psxaddons.com, because he "did not package it himself" (paraphrasing).

I have tried a fresh download of that version, but I get the .NET error relating to a "sandboxed" program, that others have reported.

Apparently it does work for some, but I can't get it to run on my machine. (I am running the most recent .NET framework 4.6.2). Per the suggestion of another user, I did try moving the files from the "debug" folder of the zip archive into a dedicated "PSX.NET" folder, and have tried running it both as administrator and as a regular user, but get the same error.

I'd love to try the new WINDS module, to compare it to PSXAloft, but I guess I will have to await a later version. Perhaps my .NET framework is TOO new, but I can't roll it back, as I need it for other software on my computer.

Flex

I was just wondering if this issue has been resolved as i have been away for a little while.

F

GodAtum

Hi all, tried this with BACARS and Dispatcher, worked flawlessly together. Just a small feature request if I amy, please could you add door controls to the Ground Services CDU page?

Gary Oliver

Hi,

If you go into the PSX.NET preferences page there is a tick box to display the DOORS page on the CDU already.

Cheers
G

HercMighty

Is there newer versions of PSX.NET that aren't listed on the first page of this thread? Also, is there a WX addon?

asboyd

Looks like the "psxaddons" web site above is no longer active.
So the first post has the only file unless someone else can link to a later one.

Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

farrokh747

QuoteI have tried a fresh download of that version, but I get the .NET error relating to a "sandboxed" program, that others have reported.

Did you try right click and "unblock"   (before unzipping)

fc

James H

Hi all,

I also had the sandboxing error when I first tried PSX.NET, but I discovered that was because I didn't follow the instructions properly. You must run PSX.NET alone first to install the modules, not just unzip and copy the individual module files into the modules folder like I did.

To quote:

- Download PSX.NET, extract it to the desired location.
- Download all desired modules, do not extract them.
- Run PSX.NET.
- Use the 'Install/update module' button in the user interface to select the module .zip file and click 'Open' to install it.
Note: The 'Install/update module' button is only active when PSX.NET is disconnected from PSX.

I hope that helps,

James.

HercMighty

Quote from: James H on Mon, 28 May 2018 08:11
Hi all,

I also had the sandboxing error when I first tried PSX.NET, but I discovered that was because I didn't follow the instructions properly. You must run PSX.NET alone first to install the modules, not just unzip and copy the individual module files into the modules folder like I did.

To quote:

- Download PSX.NET, extract it to the desired location.
- Download all desired modules, do not extract them.
- Run PSX.NET.
- Use the 'Install/update module' button in the user interface to select the module .zip file and click 'Open' to install it.
Note: The 'Install/update module' button is only active when PSX.NET is disconnected from PSX.

I hope that helps,

James.

Ok, but it doesn't seem available anymore? Looks like PSX.NET, PSXAloft, are all no longer available?

Gary Oliver

Ahh I didn't realise PSXAddons was on a seperate billing account... The website is backup and running now.

James H

Hi all,

I installed the newest version from www.psxaddons.com, but as others have reported, it won't run. It seems like it'll only run if you install the modules in the way Mark described on the first post of this topic. In order to get it to run:

1) Move all of the module .dll files out of the modules folder (PSX.NET\Debug\Modules) and into another temporary folder. Delete all of the setting .xml files in the settings folder (PSX.NET\Debug\Settings).
2) Run PSX.NET.exe as administrator. It should then run, but with no installed modules.
3) Zip each individual module .dll file into a separate .zip file in the same format as on Mark's first post of this topic. For example, put the PSX.NET.Module.Doors.dll file into a new folder called Modules, then zip that folder into a file called PSX.NET.Module.Doors 1.2.0.zip.
4) Using the Install/update module button in PSX.NET, select the PSX.NET.Module.Doors 1.2.0.zip file.
5) PSX.NET should then install the module and the doors tab should appear in the app.

I hope that helps,

James.

farrokh747

QuoteThe website is backup and running now.

Thanks Gary....

Is there any documentation on the winds/wxr/PSX.NET.Weather module? The manual available does not have anything on this (unless i missed it)

cheers

fc

Gary Oliver

FC,

The Winds uplink handling is now done by BACARS 4.0 and above so that modules in PSX.NET is obsolete.

The Weather module pulls P3D weather and injects the upper winds and temps into PSX.  There is a new version which does this by reading from the PSX.NET.ExternalSim Router in the same way as PSX Vibrate does, however I would use the old one for now.

You just need to setup your simconnect.cfg file to make this happen.

Cheers
Gary

farrokh747

QuoteYou just need to setup your simconnect.cfg file to make this happen.

thanks gary -

sorry, but which simconnect config file..?

the one is PSX.NET / Modules is:

Quote[SimConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=192.168.0.110
Port=29764
MaxReceiveSize=8192
DisableNagle=1

is there another one in externalsim? or P3D

apologies for the confusion on my side

fc