News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

CHEDHKG

Hi John,

Thank you for the tip, but the firewall is deactivated (as is the traffic in p3d) . And the set-up is working actually until there is a refresh (or resync) of some data causing P3D to reload the Terrain.
Then all of the sudden everything is broken. Even the boost server on PSX is lost and has to be restarted manually.

-S.

CHEDHKG

And continuing my investigations on my issues. Here is what I gathered so far:

1/ Initial set-up works well: PSX server + Boost server nicely inject their counts to the router.
2/ But as soon as there seems to be a resync (or some kind of refresh), everything goes Amok => plane is sent all around the globe, altitude is set to 0 and need to restart both p3d and the router to get the situation back to normal.

This happens on the following setup:
1/ PSX + Router + P3D on the same machine
2/ Regardless of the type of aircraft chosen (default from p3d or posky 747)

This leads me to think that there might be an issue with the latest P3D.

So my questions are:

1/ Is there a way to have a debug file (and if yes how, as I did not see anything in the doc)?
2/Does anyone use the same version of P3D than me ? (P3D v 4.5.13.32097, and Simconnect V4.5.0.0)
3/ When the setup is working properly, I have elevation Data between a few meters and a few hundred meters, regardless of the situation I am flying. What does this correspond to?

Thank you for reading! And I will not give up :)

-Stephan

Dirk Schepmann

Hi Stephan,

I also experienced something similiar. It happens in 1 out of 100 flights, I'd say (but that's only a gut feeling, I didn't count the cases).

For example, when I was flying from YSSY to YPPH a couple of months ago, suddenly during the descent into YPPH a terrain warning popped up (although I was way above MSA). Before I could react or check the situation, PSX crashed into terrain.

When I reloaded the situ from the autosave, I didn't happen again. I could also not reproduce this on the same flight at another day.

My assumption is that there was a fault in the data stream. I'm running P3D and PSX on the same machine (no cable or wireless network involved). But as I said, it is a very rare event (at least in my case).

Best,
Dirk

Ton van Bochove

QuoteFor example, when I was flying from YSSY to YPPH a couple of months ago, suddenly during the descent into YPPH a terrain warning popped up (although I was way above MSA). Before I could react or check the situation, PSX crashed into terrain.

I had the same experience with X Plane at LEBL
Ton

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

It means that, for whatever reason, the scenery generator fed PSX elevation data that made PSX think it flew into a mountain. Wasn't there a way to disable this feed and let PSX rely 100% on its own terrain database only? Or am I now mixing up several generations of software?

Hoppie

Chris Kilroy

Quote from: chedHKG on Mon, 24 Feb 2020 05:24Every now and then, P3D resets himself (reloading Terrain Data) but then it places the aircraft on the ground and on a very weird map location.
For example, I was making a hold near EHAM (over DENUT fix) and after reloading, P3D set the aircraft close to Alaska, in the middle of the ocean at altitude zero.
I figured out that he kept the last latitude (Around N51 20.3) but the longitude was set to W176 (which funny enough is the complement to 180 of DENUT's latitude at E003 54.3).

In order to get everything back properly, I have to stop the router P3D, and restart both.

This used to happen fairly frequently in my sim. Sometimes it was only one P3D instance, sometimes it was more (I'm running 3 in total for the wraparound visuals).

Changing the Frame Rate Limiter in the Preferences page of the PSX server from 73 to 60/2 seems to have completely solved the issue on my setup. Haven't seen this behavior once since changing this value more than a year ago.

Markus Vitzethum

I, too, see this issue, but more frequently.

Typical problems, when the Externalsim - PSX connections breaks down:
1.  P3D gets stuck in its present position and does not move OR P3D location goes to lat 0 / long 0

2. when I complete the flight in PSX (Externalsim terminated), the ground elevation might be totally wrong. This can lead to strange situations where the runway is drawn at the correct altitude but the physical ground is either above or below (I've flown through the runway once) (e.g. two days ago on approach to OMDB: landing elev 62' but ground at 3500')

3 when 1) and 2) happen - when I terminate Externalsim (and P3D) and restart Externalsim, Externalsim ends up in a reconnect loop .... (client 216 ... auto-disconnect ... auto-reconnect ... now client 217 ... auto-disconnect ... in an end loop)

Markus

CHEDHKG

Quote from: Chris Kilroy on Wed, 26 Feb 2020 06:11
Quote from: chedHKG on Mon, 24 Feb 2020 05:24Every now and then, P3D resets himself (reloading Terrain Data) but then it places the aircraft on the ground and on a very weird map location.
For example, I was making a hold near EHAM (over DENUT fix) and after reloading, P3D set the aircraft close to Alaska, in the middle of the ocean at altitude zero.
I figured out that he kept the last latitude (Around N51 20.3) but the longitude was set to W176 (which funny enough is the complement to 180 of DENUT's latitude at E003 54.3).

In order to get everything back properly, I have to stop the router P3D, and restart both.

This used to happen fairly frequently in my sim. Sometimes it was only one P3D instance, sometimes it was more (I'm running 3 in total for the wraparound visuals).

Changing the Frame Rate Limiter in the Preferences page of the PSX server from 73 to 60/2 seems to have completely solved the issue on my setup. Haven't seen this behavior once since changing this value more than a year ago.

Hi Chris !
Darn ! That did the trick... At least I have been able to run the set-up withotu any glitch and P3D is still following PSX like a good boy ! I would have never thought of reducing the frame rate limit in PSX.

Let's see how it behaves on a long haul flight

Thanks for the tip, and truly amazing forum....

Markus Vitzethum

> when 1) and 2) happen - when I terminate Externalsim (and P3D) and restart Externalsim, Externalsim
> ends up in a reconnect loop .... (client 216 ... auto-disconnect ... auto-reconnect ... now client 217 ...
> auto-disconnect ... in an end loop)

just to show what happens when Externalsim 2.5 gets stuck in a reconnect loop, I have recorded this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeVNFjYVhzM

Note that the Externalsim <--> P3D connection has previously crashed, so I terminated Externalsim.  The video shows what happens when I restarted Externalsim. P3D is not running at this moment.

Markus

Hardy Heinlin

Does Externalsim send the word "exit" to PSX?

|-|ardy

matchball

Hi,

I am having a weird problem: Occasionally the plane would just freeze with all movement apart from latitude coordinates and altitude (at least seems like it). The plane wont bank or pitch. I have firewall completely off. Any suggestions?

Restarting P3D and psx.net fixes the issue for some time again.

Chris Kilroy

Quote from: matchball on Sat, 29 Feb 2020 19:58I am having a weird problem: Occasionally the plane would just freeze with all movement apart from latitude coordinates and altitude (at least seems like it). The plane wont bank or pitch. I have firewall completely off. Any suggestions?

Try changing the Frame Rate Limiter in the Preferences page of the PSX server from 73 to 60/2. That has completely solved this problem on my setup.

kev32b

hi,
I have just upgraded to p3d v4 and having trouble with p3d plane sitting in water and not at airport psx router is seeing the p3d machine and is transmitting data any quick fixes for me to look at, both firewalls are turned off

Thanks
Kev

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router 2.5.0
Started at:               15/03/2020 20:07:09 (UTC)
Currently:                15/03/2020 20:33:46 (UTC)
PSX server:               127.0.0.1
Loaded config from:       AppData
Feedback publish enabled: True

---PSX Received Counts---------------------------
Boost:                    115054
PSX:                      534
---Published Counts------------------------------
FlightModel:              115053
TimeModel:                1
GearModel:                797
FlapModel:                797
LightingModel:            797
SpoilerModel:             796
ControlSurfaceModel:      796
TransponderModel:         797
BatteryModel:             797
ParkingBrakeModel:        797
RadioModel:               797
EngineModel:              786
---Misc-----------------------------------------
PSX elevation updates:    1309
PSX time:                 15/03/2020 20:33:42
Primary P3D Machine Name: P3D-MACHINE
Last 'load1'              15/03/2020 20:07:10 (UTC)
Elevation inhibit:        False
Time sync inhibit:        False
Scheduled time sync:      16/03/2020 00:07:12 (UTC)

---Clients--------------------------------------
Name:                     P3D-MACHINE
GroundModel:              1316 [Last RX: 15/03/2020 20:33:45 (UTC)]
WeatherModel:             264 [Last RX: 15/03/2020 20:33:44 (UTC)]
Data:                     Elevation: 0.00m

Egyptair687

Hello,

didn't want to open a new thread so connecting to ExternalSim:
Does ExternalSim disables all the power in the aircraft ?
If so, where does it change it in the aircraft.cfg ?

thank you
Ahmed

b744erf

Oh thank you Ahmed. I thought I was the only one had such problem. I don't fly with vetsim but another one in China, which need the powered up P3D aircraft to receive to turn on the "rcp" of software. This is why I am always fail to connect. So same question to ask. Haha

Berndo

Gary,

if you're still active in this thread: could you please mail me a link to the updated model to fon1 -at- gmx.at ?

Thanks,
Bernd

RogerH

Same here with the model Gary - fatcharlie -at- btopenworld.com    Thanks!

beat578

It looks like Gary is not around lately, as he never answered my mail I wrote 2 weeks ago: My question is: is there a British Airways model with the new Dynamic lights, that is NOT BOAC? I just don't like that livery and would love to have the model in the original Colours.
It seems like there is a new .dds compressed File in the texture folder. I did not find any non BOAC .dds files for the Posky model anywhere. So it looks like, it must be created in photoshop using the old BMP's. I was not able to download the dds plugins from NVidia so far, so no luck there...
Hopefully one of the tech cracs in here has an idea? (or at least can help me to get the dds. plugin, so i can start trying my luck in creating high definition textures...
Kind Regards
Beat LSZH

SIMU-3G7

Hello Gary

could you please mail me a link to the updated model ;

simu_3g7 at aol.com

Thanks a lot

Gilles
Up There With The Best Of The Best...

Gary Oliver

Gents,

Sorry for the late reply!  I was meaning to grab these from the Sim when I next booted it up, and kept forgetting

I have this one...

https://prnt.sc/s1t51i

here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr0ubmcb2qvs8z6/PSX_747.zip?dl=0

Thanks to our friends at BA Virtual They have painted every BA 744 texture in this zip.... Note you will have to externalsim'ise those models though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cxntwbuhamat0w/B744.zip?dl=0

Cheers
Gary