News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

Greg Hateley

Hi Mark,
The radios and transponder work well back into P3D and then Vatsim. Cool.
Should I get TCAS on the ND?
Im using the latest version.

Regards
Greg

Swiso

Just a quick question...
Which plane you choose when running P3D.ExternalSim.Configuration ?
I see there is no "B744" on the P3D default Airplanes directory...

Thanks

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Mark,

Quote from: Greg Hateley on Sun, 20 May 2018 07:55
Should I get TCAS on the ND?

I was about to ask the same question as Greg, so let me just push the question back up again.

I am happily running Externalsim 2.5 with P3D v4.2 and everything is working fine, with the exception of TCAS traffic injection (VATSIM tfc, via vPilot2.x) into PSX. Thought I had it running during last World flight but after a 3-month break from flying, I cannot get it to work.

So, I wonder, does Externalsim 2.5 currently inject P3D traffic into PSX? (Talked to Gary, if I'm not wrong he mentioned sort of a fix for this... ?)

Cheers,
  Markus

joergalv

Markus Vitzethum

Great, thank you for the pointer.

I got it working (after some debugging) and found a bug in the beta ... will report in the other thread.

Thanks a lot,
  Markus

Tom_Borkert

Hi all,

does anybody of you tried out the actual ExternalSim in conjunction with P3D 4.3?

Greetings
Tom

Britjet

cavaricooper

... at home, AND in the Colonies ;)

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Tom_Borkert

Thanks Peter and Carl,

I will give it a try at the weekend.

Tom

J D ADAM

Hi   
With the marvellous PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim, P3d works flawlessly . However a request from anybody who uses GSX. Ground services will not start because the advice states that "Set Park Brake and Stop Engines"  Both are done but services will not commence.  Has anybody got a solution to this?
Cheers
Derek

ScudRunner

Hi Derek,

I have noticed this as well.

My layman's assumption on this is that when P3D is connected via ExternalSim purely as a scenery generator the functions within P3D that rely on having a calculated aircraft position cannot work as P3D is no longer generating aircraft position data for itself when connected with ExternalSim. Consequently when you arrive at a gate P3D does not actually `know' where it is and cannot therefore activate the GSX functions.

I assumed for the same reason I cannot get the replay function to work in P3D with ExternalSim - the aircraft just remains in last location before I hit replay.

I am sure Mark could confirm and I too would be interested to understand if there could be some way of getting these P3D capabilities to work when using ExternalSim. 

cheers
Sean

Gary Oliver

Same problem here with GSX, I will ask Mark to take a look next time we get together.  I would like to use GSX too :-)

J D ADAM

Hi All,
I am so delighted  with the response to my post. For weeks I have struggled to get GSX to work and for weeks i have been tempted to ask the question on the forum.
Obviously all participants on the forum use PSX for many different aspects of aviation and mine is to enjoy all non too technical aspects of flight simulation.
Once again it has proven that "the question is not asked .............."
Thank you Guys

Derek

cavaricooper

Mark/Gary-

Did something change with V4.3?  The squat visual I saw with ZFW changes has stopped occurring... any thoughts?

Ta- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

RogerH

Hi all,

Thanks for a great addon Mark

It works perfectly for me, using P3Dv4 as my scenery generator.

I know that misalignment between runways in PSX and those in scenery generators is an issue - can someone point me in the right direction to help solve this? I seem to remember seeing stuff about offsets but cannot find it again!

many thanks,

Roger.

ahaka

Thank you very much for this! I tested this on two networked computers, and it works really well. Very smooth movement indeed. I had one runway alignment issue, but most airports I tried were ok.

Are there any plans or is it even possible to get thunderstorm data from P3D/Active Sky so we could see the cells on PSX weather radar matching with the scenery view?
Antti

Gary Oliver

Ahaka,

My plan is to get the PSX thunderstorm positions and inject thunder cloud AI objects into p3d.

It's on the list but no real plans of when.

Cheers
Gary

ahaka

Gary,

Sounds interesting! I wonder if the cloud *.mdl files would work the same way if injected as AI instead of weather? Have you done any testing yet? ASN apparently also provides precipitation data, but I guess it is not possible to display this in PSX.
Antti