News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

GodAtum

Unfortunately I still cannot get the taxi light to work. Using the same POSky model, visualPSX displays the taxi light, but externalsim does not. Any ideas?

LightingModel is counting up.

Mark

The taxi light seems to work on the next build of ExternalSim so that should be coming in the near future.

Sebastian

Hi all,
I am new to ExternalSim, but not new with PSX. I've been using PSX & XPlane (both XP10 XP11) eversince I started PSX. I recently dug a lot deeper in some of the forum topics and updated all my PSX.NET features - duh me, that I've missed this for so long. Anyway, I also came across the ExternalSim and immediately became fascinated by the idea, especially as I've also had P3D since v2.5 with v4.2 now installed. That said - before I continue:
1. What an amazing add-on! Mark, indeed you are a genius! Thank you very much for creating this fine piece of art!!
2. It is even more amazing, how far this app has been developed, with every update including more features and ease. So, again, thank you very much, Mark, for this and also a huge thank you to all of you who helped in this.
3. It has been a major pleasure to zip through all the 500+ posts in this thread to read about the experiences of fellow PSXers.

Now to my topic:
I am running PSX and P3Dv4.2 on separate PCs, with the latest version of ExternalSim installed according to the manual and some hints in this thread. I also have Gary's 747 in use.
Now, after starting PSX then ExternalSim.Router then P3D, I am well connected with all the numbers rising and everything working as I want it to - except: it's not butter smooth... every 5-6 seconds I have a stutter, lasting for 1-3 seconds, followed by a slight position offset afterwards.
At first I thought it is related to traffic etc, as mentioned earlier in this topic, but everything was set to 0. Then I thought it's related to animations (I was at the Departure Sydney to LosAngeles.situ, lined up on 16R with FlyTampa YSSY) - switched them all of with the FlyTampa Configuator. Then, I set myself up in an area of P3D, where I don't have any 3rd party add-on installed, but the same thing happened.
The problem still exists, even when I'm running both on the same PC, with exactly the same behavior.

Any idea how this could happen? I haven't seen anyone posting w/ v4.2 yet - could this be the issue? Or did I miss something? Like I mentioned before, it's all nicely connected, all numbers rising and I can even taxi around and fly around - just with that major stutter every 5-6 seconds.

Thanks a lot for any ideas!
Sebastian

Mark

I've not tried 4.2 yet (mainly because there wasn't any features of interest in the release notes) but I will upgrade soon and check it out.

Have you got any plugins or addons that use simconnect?

Could you make a short video of the stutter and message me with a link?

Dirk Schepmann

Hi,

Quote from: Sebastian on Sun, 25 Feb 2018 08:32
Now, after starting PSX then ExternalSim.Router then P3D, I am well connected with all the numbers rising and everything working as I want it to - except: it's not butter smooth... every 5-6 seconds I have a stutter, lasting for 1-3 seconds, followed by a slight position offset afterwards.

Do you have FSUIPC 5.23 installed? Many users reported stutters similar to those you described. The solution is to install the latest Version 5.23e, or go back to 5.22.

Best regards,
Dirk

Sebastian

Hi Dirk,

the FSUIPC did the trick. I had v5.123 installed. Took it out, works nicely smooth now, thank you very much for the hint!

Mark,
I have Simconnect for ProjectFly, uTlive (btw, above solution now works with uTlive as well) and something tracing to "squirrel" - I have to figure out, where that comes from.
Will send you a video of the stutter experience in the next few days.

Thanks a lot for your help, guys!
Best Regards,
Sebastian

Mark

No need for the video now :) the fact there is an issue with FSUIPC is now nicely documented in this thread.

GodAtum

Quote from: Dirk Schepmann on Mon, 26 Feb 2018 01:01
Hi,

Quote from: Sebastian on Sun, 25 Feb 2018 08:32

Do you have FSUIPC 5.23 installed? Many users reported stutters similar to those you described. The solution is to install the latest Version 5.23e, or go back to 5.22.

Best regards,
Dirk

Where did you get 5.23e, I can only find 5.123?

cavaricooper

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Garfield30

Hello :-)

i need some help to get the PSX NET to work. Use P3D 4.2 with the PMDG 747 V3. Nothing happnends :/ PMDG become unusable when link the aircraft config file and in the external router window only elevation and Client data available. Section PSX received counts and published counts are all filled with "o"

thanks for helping me.

Alex

garys

Hi, The PMDG is an advanced simulation in its own right that uses its own custom files outside of the FSX/P3D directories in order to run.

On Page 15 of this thread Gary has provided an aircraft model that you should place into P3D. Pointing to this aircraft instead of the PMDG will fix your problem. If you get any errors follow Gary's advice in a post a few down from that one.

Gary

Garfield30

Hello ,

thank you for your answer :) Will check tommow with this model.
Hopefully the scenery will then load :)
Alex

Garfield30

So now i get it work after the Information from cavaricooper page 27. Also detect that my Network setting where an old config - therefore no Connection to the P3D world :-)

sakukio

Hi It is fresh for me to install this fantastic add-on. I tried many times but still failed to connect PSX to P3D V4.2
Very desperate.... I hope I could resolve this...
I follow the detailed manual but still could not accomplish.
download the new version externalsim and posky 747 mega package.
when I ran router, it always showed :
PSX server:127.0.0.1
Loaded config from:AppData
Feedback publish enabled: False

I wish someone could help me out :'(
Many Thanks
James

JRBarrett

I have just installed Version 2.5.0 in conjunction with P3D4.2. All programs (PSX and P3D) are on the same machine. I downloaded and installed the PSX747 model from the Dropbox link on Page 15 of this thread, and linked to it with the config program.

Everything seems to be working. The P3D aircraft appears at the proper location of the PSX aircraft. I started engines and taxied around, and the aircraft in P3D follows very smoothly. All control surface animations work. Landing lights work, but the taxi light does not. When I activate the strobes, the tail strobe appears to be detached and flashing a considerable distance behind the P3D model in spot view.

My primary question concerns the Public Documents folder. There are no files relating to external sim in that location. Should there be? Cavaricooper's installation summary says that it is necessary to delete two files in that location when uninstalling externalsim prior to an upgrade, but there is nothing in that folder on my computer.

cavaricooper

JR-

Those are remenants from earlier versions. If you just started.... disregard that section.

HTH- Carl
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

JRBarrett

Quote from: cavaricooper on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 19:30
JR-

Those are remenants from earlier versions. If you just started.... disregard that section.

HTH- Carl

Thanks. I see things have changed since external sim now has installer programs for the various components, whereas previously the components were installed manually.

I found the external sim router xml file in APPDATA\ROAMING, and the main external sim xml in my P3DV4 "addons" folder (in accordance with Lockheed Martin's suggested best practices).

As mentioned before, I am using the modified POSKY BAW 747 that was linked several pages back in this thread.

I first start PSX, and enable the main and boost servers. I then start the external sim router program, and let it stabilize. I then start P3DV4, and load the POSKY 747 external sim aircraft from the scenario screen.

Eveything works great up to this point. When P3D loads, the 747 appears at the exact location as the PSX aircraft, and the PSX time of day transfers to P3D with no issues.

When the aircraft loads in P3D I find myself in the cockpit with no panel - just full screen forward view - which is exactly what I want. The current view text under the P3D view menu indicates "Virtual Cockpit00". So far, so good.

If I press the "S" key once. it takes me to external spot view, and I can pan around, zoom, etc.

The problem occurs when I try to go back to the full screen cockpit view. When I do so, the screen is completely black. Under the P3D View menu, the current view shows just "Cockpit", not Virtual Cockpit, as it did when the aircraft initially loaded.

EDIT: Disregard - I'm used to using the "A" key in P3D to cycle cockpit views - I found I could get back to the VC forward view by simply pressing F9...

Mark

When you get a black view - right click, and click 'Close'.

junkun459

Hi
Another way to return from black screen is to push "W" key in P3D.

Jun