News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: kwonho on Tue,  8 Aug 2017 04:35
How do I set up a network in psx? bootserver start in netwotk menu? or server start?

The server can be started manually and automatically:

Manual main server start:

Go to Instructor > Network > Main, select "The main server" and click the "Start" button.

Manual boost server start:

Go to Instructor > Network > Boost and click the "Start" button.

Automatic main server start during PSX start-up:

Go to Instructor > Preferences > Basics and select "Start with main server on". *

Automatic boost server start during PSX start-up:

Go to Instructor > Preferences > Basics and select "Start with boost server on". *

* To save these preferences for the next PSX start-up, go to Instructor > Preferences > Save and resave the pref file currently in use (e.g. Default.pref if PSX has been started with AerowinxStart.jar, or your special pref file that you set for this PSX instance when using AerowinxNetStart.jar and AerowinxNetStart.ini).

Regards,

|-|ardy

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Mark,

by the way, would you consider your ExternalSim a "post-beta phase" add-on now? I mean, how about putting it on the Add-ons page now? :-)

Cheers,

|-|ardy

kwonho

Hi, Mark

I am using externalsim with p3d v4, but when executing p3d, Continue loading every 2 seconds. So it keeps blinking.
Why is this happening? Please let me know how to fix it.

Gary Oliver

Setting traffic to 0% on all road and ships should fix it in P3D.

Blake H

Hi Mark,

Just wondering if there is a plan to fix the AI issue and will weather from PSX transfer to P3D v4 in the future.

I think P3D v4 reloads traffic AI every HH: maybe only send the time change at the hours e.g. HH:00 blocks. Not HH:MM. Over and over every second. The traffic senario then reloads to the next traffic senario over and over. Which I think is the reason why we see reloading over and over with time sych on and AI traffic above 0%.

Cheers,

Blake

Mark

I could just do the time sync on a situation load and then monitor the P3D time for drift - if it drifts more than 1 minute; sync.
The worse RTC clock on a PC doesn't normally drift more than 1 minute every 24 hours, with the normal case being much longer.

Gary Oliver

Quote from: Mark on Mon,  4 Sep 2017 09:53
if it drifts more than 1 minute; sync.

I would challenge anyone to detect even a 10 minute drift, This may also stop those reloads at the 3 hours mark.

Cheers
G

Mark

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Mon,  4 Sep 2017 10:31
I would challenge anyone to detect even a 10 minute drift, This may also stop those reloads at the 3 hours mark.

The situation I had in mind for having a tight 1 minute sync is if someone like Peter was diligent enough to make a briefing along the lines of "The sun should rise at this delightful Caribbean airport at 06:38 local".

Captain_Crow

I´ll give up, set all as described for P3D v4 but can´t get it runing.
Boost is increasing PSX at 31 increasing
Feedback Model 0
Ground Elevation NaN
PSX Elevation updates 0
Clients: No Clients

Setup on one Computer running PSX and Externalsim.

Have no idea what I was missing.
So. I need a bit help...

Where is the debug file located ? I set it to true...

Thanks

Steffen

Toga

Has anyone been able to use a VC with External sim? Everytime I load it up the VC disappears?

Mark

Steffen - Does pressing 'Y' in P3D help? (if not, make sure you press it a 2nd time to exit Slew Mode)
Toga - What's a VC?

asboyd

Virtual Cockpit I think !!
He may want one to emulate windows frames on his view...

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Mark on Sat, 14 Oct 2017 22:07
Steffen - Does pressing 'Y' in P3D help?

I'm not an expert on this special topic; here's just a general hint: English programs requiring the Y key on German keyboards sometimes actually request the Z key.

|-|

Toga

Sorry, 'VC' - Virtual cockpit. As asboyd suggests.

Captain_Crow

Hi Guys,

I forgot to say that everything works now ! Thank to our buddy Markus who helped me out to get it running...

Best
Steffen

ScudRunner

Hi Steffen,

I am running P3Dv4 same PC and getting identical symptoms to yourself prior to you solving the problem.

Can you elaborate on what the fix was?

thanks
Scud

Captain_Crow

Hi Scud,
the problem was that I did not used the PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.x64.dll to drive P3D v4. I found it in the forum under Accesoires after a hint of a friend.
Unfortunately I can´t remember  where it was. Try to do a search otherwise send your Email I will send it to you...

Hope this helps...

Best
Steffen

ScudRunner

thanks Steffen. Makes sense - will try it now.

chrs
Scud.

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Scud,

good luck. The x64.dll needed for P3D v4 can be found in Mark's reply #412 in this thread, about two pages back.

My other hint to Steffen was to use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" as IP address when trying to interface other programs running on the same PC (and not the IP address assigned by e.g. the router).

Markus

ScudRunner

Gents,

thanks to all for your help. I've got it working now.  Incorporated the .x64 dll and the system is working just fine.

I'm running a POSKY 744 model in P3Dv4, the only other thing that has me puzzled now is that the animations of flight control movement seem to lag well behind PSX (particularly flap selection) and are quite jerky. 

For example, under FSX/VisualPSX responses to flap retraction/extension was immediate and smooth and matched the indications in PSX as the flaps rolled in/out. Using Externalsim if I extend/retract flaps nothing happens on the P3D model for about 10 seconds and then the movement is in the form of distinct, sudden movements every 5-10 seconds.  This is always the case. 

Not sure if anyone else has encountered this - Externalsim is obviously smooth as glass in terms of interface speeds between the PSX/P3D so not sure if I have to change an aircraft.cfg setting on the POSKY model?

I am running a new, high spec'd machine getting 72 FPS PSX and 60+ FPS in P3D running on same machine so I am confident that it is not a resource problems on the machine causing this, Any ideas/tips appreciated as always.

Best
Scud.