News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

SIMU-3G7

Alex
Just thought I would let you know that after several weeks I have tried the add-on with P3D V2.5  and it does not work. The router "sees" PSX but never gets connection to P3D on a separate PC.
I have followed all the examples given before and still no luck.

Regards,
Alex B
RTFM....RTFM....RTFM....
System requirements:
-Windows 7/8/10
- .NET 4.5.1
- P3D 3.3.5 or higher
- PSX 10.0.8 or higher

PDF instructions on installation and usage are contained within the ZIP file.

KEEP IT CALM READ IT CAREFULLY AND TAKE YOUR TIME We are all here to help each other but RTFM Please.

take care

Gilles-Gabriel
Up There With The Best Of The Best...

asboyd

I did read the "f" manual, but I also asked if the add on would work in P3D V2.5 and was told to try it, so I did.... That is what I was reporting on...

Regards,

Alex B

My background is in ICT and support... :)
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Mark

Quote from: asboyd on Fri,  7 Oct 2016 06:24
Just thought I would let you know that after several weeks I have tried the add-on with P3D V2.5  and it does not work.

Thank you for letting us know, that sounds like good confirmation that V2.5 does not support the External Sim API interface or does not have all the API calls required.

Quote from: SIMU-3G7 on Fri,  7 Oct 2016 10:16
RTFM....RTFM....RTFM....

Thank you for your good intentions although it was misdirected this time (I understand why you did it though).

Anecdotally: It has been my experience that the PSX community is one of the best I've seen and is full of intelligent people who do read the manual.

cagarini

Quote from: Mark on Sat,  8 Oct 2016 09:29
Anecdotally: It has been my experience that the PSX community is one of the best I've seen and is full of intelligent people who do read the manual.

What Manual ????

GodAtum

Hi all, I have kinda got it working. PSX with P3D moves the 747 OK but Externalsim still says not connected, very odd. PSX and published count goes up, but P3D data count does not.

Both PCs are running Win 10 with firewall off and AV off.

asboyd

Strange, I could not get the 747 to move... which 747 are you using, I am using the FSX default. I have not tried the POSKY yet.

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

frumpy

Hi Mark,

good program, I just wanted to try it out on my own! :)

When connexting, PSX sends data, however I do not
receive anything from P3D. Its all on one PC, so I took the default
values. I took the default Super Constellation as an aircraft and edited the aircaft.cfg
accordingly. Loaded the aircraft in P3D, but it does not communicate with PSX.
Firewall is windows 7 default, I am afraid to turn it off.

What to do?

cavaricooper

Mark:

If I wanted to start PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim with a Batch file command, that added affinity masking such as

start /B "" /affinity A0 "C:\PSX_NET_P3D\PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router.exe"

I get some sort of error...

Is there a way to start this with a batch file command allowing for Affinity Masking?

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Mark

Quote from: cavaricooper on Mon, 17 Oct 2016 23:04
Is there a way to start this with a batch file command allowing for Affinity Masking?

I have to admire all the inventive ways the community tries to break my software!

Try removing the '/B' option.

By the way, as the Router should normally use such a tiny amount of CPU (a few % at most), the overhead of context switching amongst CPU cores is negligible so I really struggle to understand the desire to set affinity. My guess is that you're trying to set it to *not* run on a core that is running at 100% for P3D or similar?

cavaricooper

Yes, trying to free up specific cores for P3D.  I got it to run fine on the second attempt..... the "monitor" portion of the display window shows the batch command, but the Boost and PSX numbers climb normally.

Sorry for the wild goose chase.... all's well.

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

frumpy

I put the .dll to the main P3D folder, still no luck. Is it okay to take the default
P3D Super Constellation?

Mark

Quote from: frumpy on Tue, 18 Oct 2016 06:04
I put the .dll to the main P3D folder, still no luck. Is it okay to take the default
P3D Super Constellation?

Please refer to the instructions inside the 1.8.0 ZIP file for the correct location.

In both configuration XML files (also put these in the right place, described in the 1.8.0 ZIP file), try changing the bindings such that wherever you see an '*', change it to 'localhost'. Example: tcp://*:10760 becomes tcp://localhost:10760. This will make the router not bind to any network interfaces, just the local loopback, so no firewalls will get in the way (but everything has to run on the same PC).

Mark

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim 2.0.0 now released. See post 1 of this thread for download link.

Change log:
- Fix for landing gear state on VATSIM (tested with vPilot)
- All clients are now shown on the router console output which helps to see if any clients are misbehaving and not connecting to the router
- Beta functionality: spoiler positions and control surface positions are set on the P3D model

Note 1: The XML files have changed again so use the new files (& edit).
Note 2: The way the networking is done has been changed. Read the PDF carefully with regards to the XML setting files & where to put IP addresses if you're running a multi-PC setup.

cavaricooper

Mark-

Most appreciated!  This bit of kit has been a game changer!

I can indeed confirm that control surfaces, spoilers and flap position work at my end.

If I'm not being a complete git, can I trouble you to please expound on the process for light control?  At the moment the P3D a/c strobes are constantly on.  The LOGO switch "appears" to control the taxi light and the turn-offs seem to be controlled by the TAXI switch. 

NONE of this detracts from the joy of smooth flight with your interface and I remain most obliged.

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

chaser

Thanks for the Release!

My observations with the lights are the same as coopers, plus my Landing Lights stopped working at all.
Also the Landing Gear stays down, i'll try with a native P3D-Model after this flight (i use a FSX model right now)
But those are only cosmetics.  :-X

Did you by chance change the way timesync works ? It seems it syncs now with my Clock not with PSX's anymore.  :o

Most importantly, right now it looks like this Version solved the crashing issue for me. (I mentioned that to Gary Yesterday)  ;D

Again, Thank You very much for this fantastic piece of software  :)

chase

Mark

Quote from: chaser on Fri, 13 Jan 2017 09:21
Also the Landing Gear stays down, i'll try with a native P3D-Model after this flight (i use a FSX model right now)

Did you by chance change the way timesync works ? It seems it syncs now with my Clock not with PSX's anymore.  :o

I should have added this to the troubleshooting section:

Under 'Published Counts' in the router console output, if there is a number remaining at 0, then you can expect the corresponding feature to not work properly. i.e. if GearModel = 0, then the gear won't be correct. The best way to fix this is to restart the router, give it a few minutes and see if the number starts increasing (or simply not 0). Repeat until working (but give up after 5 attempts and let me know with a screenshot of the router console output).

Mark

Quote from: cavaricooper on Thu, 12 Jan 2017 22:21
If I'm not being a complete git, can I trouble you to please expound on the process for light control?

Here is the bare essential code extracts for the lighting logic:
https://gist.github.com/macaba/fba13e49a9a406dc0e44b4564599fb61

You'll see that it isn't a straightforward mapping of PSX to Simconnect, and to make matters worse, each model in P3D will behave differently (model designers can chose which lighting bit to trigger a light model from).

Gary Oliver

All,

We use a customised P3D Aircraft which is why the lights are mapped a little funny.

I will zip this up and publish it here so you can use that.

Cheers
G

chaser

Quote from: Mark on Fri, 13 Jan 2017 09:57
Quote from: chaser on Fri, 13 Jan 2017 09:21

I should have added this to the troubleshooting section:

Under 'Published Counts' in the router console output, if there is a number remaining at 0, then you can expect the corresponding feature to not work properly. i.e. if GearModel = 0, then the gear won't be correct. The best way to fix this is to restart the router, give it a few minutes and see if the number starts increasing. Repeat until working (but give up after 5 attempts and let me know with a screenshot of the router console output).

Well,

two restarts solved all of the problems i had, thank you !  :D :o

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:08
All,

We use a customised P3D Aircraft which is why the lights are mapped a little funny.

I will zip this up and publish it here so you can use that.

Cheers
G

Thats very kind of ya, i'll certainly try it out.

Britjet

Hi Mark,

Thanks very much for the update! Smooth as a smooth silky thing...!
I am using the same 747 as Gary (I think) and it is working nicely - gear and flap a little jerky but they are configuring correctly. Lights as described above.
I am finding that the aircraft is sinking a few feet into the tarmac now however at most but not all airfields - mainly from saved scenarios, but not always - something it didn't do before - do I just need to amend the aircraft cfg file?
Peter