News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

Mark

Quote from: kwieser76 on Sun,  7 Aug 2016 13:52
- as soon we are on ground the ALT jump and i'm to high in P3D

How much too high? A few ft or much more?

cavaricooper

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Sun,  7 Aug 2016 16:03
Hi,
I am baffled, the other day had a good flight, shut down the pc and yesterday problems, PSX.NET P3D made no connection with P3d on my other machine.
Nothing changed that I know of, it just did not work anymore.
When running PSX and P3d on the P3D  machine it works.
2 machines, it doesn't
So reinstalled PSX.NET.
tried every scenario in this thread. all  firewalls off on both machines, only private firewalls off, On both machines set incoming and outgoing rules to allow for P3D and PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim .router.
To this moment I got it working, at least, it moves the plane in P3D, but no field elevation update and the Router  status  message says Not connected.
All other  stuff works, like active sky, I can use Xview with no  problems, so guess it is not a network issue . Al files that are shared can be accessed by both pc's , Pinging works both ways.
I am afraid I can not find a solution for this problem.
If anyone got any idea, please  feel free ,
ivo

Vo-

I can tell you that occasionally I get the numbers NOT increasing.  I usually close and restart PSX.NET P3D and that restores the connection.  Not sure why, but 'tis so in my experience. 

FWIW I run PSX Server in "minimalist mode" with just the rudder trim knob and indicator showing.  That is as close to "headless" I can get.  With just the black square- the frame rates drop dramatically...  Then I run P3D FULL SCREEN on top of PSX server.  That way my USB controls stay with the one machine for when I run P3D alone.  With AM=84 my PSX Server stays at 72 fps... and my P3D stays locked at 32 fps.

Perhaps try that... see if it connects that way....

HTH

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hoi Nico
Don't have any external firewall program, only a firewall that came with Bitdefender internet sequrity, and it is disabled.
Will try the upgrade tommorow.
Thanks

What I find strange is the fact that the plane is moving in P3D, so the router is working,  and data is send to the P3D pc.
what  it does not do  is update the elevation, this would maybe  mean that  data from the P3D pc is blocked  to the PSX pc running the PSX . External.sim program.
How I do not understand , even with all firewall of and rules that alow this  to go through.

Will see tommorow after the update!
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Carl,
Thanks,  it is not just the numbers, the elevation is not updated, it is not usable in this way.
But what you do is in fact, if I understand it correct, run the  PSX server and boost on the P3D machine, also run the router.exe on that machine, so in fact as it would be when using only one pc and your other pc runs a PSX client in full screen or multy monitor setup?
This way there is no firewall issue  ofcourse , and like you say keep your stick, rudder, and throttle and whatever on the Prepard machine to use aircraft in Prepard .

I will give that a go tommorow
Ivo

Ivo de Colfmaker

Carl,
The way you set it up, is there no drain of recourses on that pc?
How much recources uses PSX running the main and boost server? The scenery pc is already stretched to it's limits.
Ivo

cavaricooper

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Sun,  7 Aug 2016 22:47
Carl,
The way you set it up, is there no drain of recourses on that pc?
How much recources uses PSX running the main and boost server? The scenery pc is already stretched to it's limits.
Ivo

Vo-

ATM I am only flying the Dakota/C-47 v3 in P3D, so there is no issue.  It runs at 32 fps locked, and the stripped out 744 I use with PSX.NET P3D does the same.

When flying PMDG I do have to reduce my settings a wee bit, but that is easily done on the fly.

With the PSX Server running just for the backbone- not seen at all, with P3D running full screen with an Affinity Mask =84 that frees up Core 1 for PSX, and with my 6700K at 4.6 gHz.... I am satisfied with performance.  The issue will be when I go 4K later this year (but that will be with a 1080 Ti so hopefully the new card will take up any slack from x 4 pixels...).

Meanwhile, Mark is tinkering... so more performance may be possible...

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

kwieser76

Quote from: Mark on Sun,  7 Aug 2016 20:21
Quote from: kwieser76 on Sun,  7 Aug 2016 13:52
- as soon we are on ground the ALT jump and i'm to high in P3D

How much too high? A few ft or much more?

HI Mark,

I try it on 2 differnet Airports until now.
each time i saw the same result - the double altitude....
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Ivo de Colfmaker

hi Carl
I thought that with hyperthreading of, running 4 cores, there is no need for afinity mask setting?

I run I7  3770K at 4.4 gHz with a GtX 1080  driving  3 HD  40" tv.s , and all maxed out, except shadows ,and it's  a smooth ride!
Ivo

cavaricooper

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Mon,  8 Aug 2016 13:33
hi Carl
I thought that with hyperthreading of, running 4 cores, there is no need for afinity mask setting?

I run I7  3770K at 4.4 gHz with a GtX 1080  driving  3 HD  40" tv.s , and all maxed out, except shadows ,and it's  a smooth ride!
Ivo

Vo-

I've played with this quite a bit, and for me, I'm happiest with HT ON and AM=84. That leaves the first physical core for PSX. The only other setting that seems to work well is AM=252.  I, however, only use 1 1080p monitor on this machine- all other screens run as separate clients on separate computers.

Shadows are the KILLER- but too beautiful to live without :-0 . I sent back my 980 Ti waiting for the 1080 Ti, so once that releases (Xmas) I will increase shadows and go 4K.

Best- C

PS- Sorry about the thread segways Mark! It's PSX.NET P3D that inspires us to pursue visual perfection to complement PSX's abilities :)
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Yes,
No intent to hyjack this thread.
Carl I used your advise   and  run the main and boost server on the scenery pc, smallest window possible and on my second machine PSX as client with sound and usb  as normal.
I believe, but maybe it is whisfull thinking, that it even runs smoother because the data is not going over the network.
Anyhow, it works, so one glad customer here.
Nico, gonna hold off the last win 10 update for a moment, seems a lot of people having some troubles with it.
Thanks for your help
Ivo

18hazelwood

Hello everyone,

Could someone please explain how to adjust the "weightmodeloffset" in the external sim xml file....the default 747 puppet plane seems several meters below the ground when settled.

External sim is all working but as it should but the whole plane is sittng to low....

Any ideas... Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

Quote from: 18hazelwood on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 17:25
Could someone please explain how to adjust the "weightmodeloffset" in the external sim xml file....the default 747 puppet plane seems several meters below the ground when settled.

External sim is all working but as it should but the whole plane is sittng to low....

Use the PSX instructor station to configure your aircraft to the minimum possible weight (a very small amount of fuel, etc) - you're aiming for minimum landing gear struct compression.

Guess a value for MinWeightModelOffsetM, make the change, and restart the Router app. P3D should fairly quickly reconnect to allow you to see the new height. Keep making adjustments until the gear is in full contact with the ground with no struct compression. That's it, try loading a standard .situ, land it and see how it looks.

18hazelwood

Thanks for the reply,

The default "minweightmodel" is saying 4.4...what would be a good guess???

Many thanks...

jb747

I finally got around to upgrading from Wideview and it is smooth as glass.  Using Hardy's latest update (version 10.9e and V1.80).  I found that FSGlobal Weather does work fine although there was an reference in the forum earlier that maybe it wasn't supported.  The only thing left to check is connection to VATSIM, etc and the COMM frequency selection and Transponder code stuff.

My configuration is PSX, the router and my P3D server on one PC and the three IG's on separate PCs.  Running 1920x1080 projectors on the three IGs and minimal settings on P3D on the server.  The only reason I am keeping the "server" is that's where I have my connectivity to Pilot Edge and VATSIM.

Thanks Mark,

Cheers,

Jon

Mark

Quote from: 18hazelwood on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 17:25
the default 747 puppet plane seems several meters below the ground when settled.

Which P3D vehicle are you using? I couldn't find a default 747.

18hazelwood

Hi Mark,

I am using Posky 747  as others have used on this forum.

Thanks.

cavaricooper

Mark-

In addition to using POSKY I comment out the INTERNAL model in the model.cfg, and I change panel.cab to panel.cad to remove the VC so that I can still use EZCA to look left and right (esp. for taxiway maneuvering) and still have as streamlined (low-impact) an airframe as possible.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

JRBarrett

I have just downloaded and configured the program, running with PSX 1.0.9g and P3D 3.3.5 on a single PC with dual monitors. All seems to be working very well indeed. I have not yet actually flown - I have just had time to do some preliminary taxi tests at KORD (using an updated Ray Smith AFCAD to give the correct current runway layout in P3D). So far, it is very smooth on the ground!

It does not appear that control of the radios and transponder is implemented at present? I note that when the externalism version of the P3D 747 (Posky model) is active, I can not power the aircraft using the standard "Master Battery" command (Shift-M), though if I bring up the radio stack in the 2D cockpit, the radios are "on", but the COM and transponder readouts do not respond to the frequencies set in PSX.

Control of external aircraft lighting is working, with the known issues that not all lights directly correspond to the switches in PSX, due to the simplified P3D lighting model.

EDIT: I just became of aware of the PSXseeconVPilot add-on which handles the PSX-to VPilot interface for online flights on VATSIM, so I guess it really does not matter if PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim has control of the radios in the P3D aircraft in any case!

18hazelwood

Hello all,

Could someone please explain how to edit the following offset line, as I don't understand?:

<MinWeightModelOffsetM>4.4</MinWeightModelOffsetM>

many thanks.

asboyd

Just thought I would let you know that after several weeks I have tried the add-on with P3D V2.5  and it does not work. The router "sees" PSX but never gets connection to P3D on a separate PC.
I have followed all the examples given before and still no luck.

Regards,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia