News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

Ivo de Colfmaker

Carl,
I run PSX on a seperate machine, network using cable.
i don't know, but you run actualy 2 simulators on 1 machine, and these 2 simulators have to generate seperate video outputs on 1 screen.
Maybe this is a bit to much?
Have you tried to see what happenes when you assign one number in your layout  to the smallest PSX screen you can make?, filling the whole screen with P3D?
Vo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

hunijjang

Hello All

Anybody have with this 1.8.0 issues?

I am still got on this...

1. both landing lights working to not operating properly.
It is means 'Not always as activated same landing lights switch for on or off'

2. If I turn on NAV lights switch that is corrected on NAV lights but also the both strobe lights on.
If I turn on STROBE lights switch then that is working on only end of a tail strobe light?

Non-animated gear :

turn to landing gear up and down thas landing gears retractor not working.
so, that always makes on the like this picture https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Boeing_747_prototype_main_landing_gear.jpg/1920px-Boeing_747_prototype_main_landing_gear.jpg?1468651935502
I cheked your youtube video but like your youtube videos not running by me.

Please any advise to me.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Hardy Heinlin

Re landing lights:

I can't comment on the scenery add-ons as I don't have the other sims. But I can tell that the landing lights in PSX and in real life may be slightly illuminated even when the landing light switches are off. This is intentional. The actual landing light power status can be read from the PSX network and is also indicated on the Instructor (see page 97, orange box).

|-|ardy

cavaricooper

Ivo-

I followed your advice and am quite happy with the result.  I made PSX on my scenery PC just a small square, and now am running P3D in full screen as I normally do when not running PSX.  Quite happy with the smoothness now (THANK-YOU MARK!).

I added my PFD and ND to another display (with them centered on the large screen) in full size.  This arrangement works quite well (with EZCA defining the view angle) with my current arrangement of HW, (with 2 other displays for the Overhead and EICAS- all layout selectable) which is necessitated by the fact that I do fly other a/c in P3D (ducking ;)).

I am underway TNCM-EGSS and so far allest gut. 

This seems the best arrangement so far, and with performance now where it usually is in P3D I am looking forward to winging my 744 around the world once more.

Thanks to all who jumped in to assist.  This is indeed a fora very different than the norm and I am grateful to belong.

Best- C

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Sun, 17 Jul 2016 20:48
Carl,
I run PSX on a seperate machine, network using cable.
i don't know, but you run actualy 2 simulators on 1 machine, and these 2 simulators have to generate seperate video outputs on 1 screen.
Maybe this is a bit to much?
Have you tried to see what happenes when you assign one number in your layout  to the smallest PSX screen you can make?, filling the whole screen with P3D?
Vo
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

hi Carl,
Glad you are happy
There is a small app  called Hardware Monitor, just google it.
This runs a small window that shows all resources your pc uses.
It has to be active to show up,
So you can try this, run your setup as normal, let PSX fly a holding patern, a small racetrack patern, lets say 2 mile legs, this way you get much turning.
Then run Hardware Monitor( if  you want). And look for the cpu cores values and the gpu values.
The gpu will have the most to do in turns, so if you get to 99% use of core, your gpu is streched to his limmits.

i used to use this to lower my settings to an aceptable setting on my previous card.
Ivo

edit; mistake, it is open hardware monitor

Ivo de Colfmaker

I can confirm that 1.8.0 works flawless  for me.

Traffic enabled , (cars) does not force a reload of P3D,

Air traffic does.
ivo

Mark

Quote from: hunijjang on Sat, 16 Jul 2016 08:01

2. If I turn on NAV lights switch that is corrected on NAV lights but also the both strobe lights on.
If I turn on STROBE lights switch then that is working on only end of a tail strobe light?

The issue is that the PSX external lighting model is more detailed than the P3D lighting model (which is generic).
Example: PSX has 4 landing light switches. P3D has 1 landing light input. Therefore I have to decide what combination of PSX switches turns on the single landing light input in P3D. In this example I went with:

lo.LightLANDING = (lightingModel->InboardLandingL && lightingModel->InboardLandingR) || (lightingModel->OutboardLandingL && lightingModel->OutboardLandingR);

There is also the further issue in that I've yet to see a decent P3D 747 model that has a complete set of good lights.

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 13:51But I can tell that the landing lights in PSX and in real life may be slightly illuminated even when the landing light switches are off.

Hi Hardy,

P3D lighting inputs are booleans. PSX lighting outputs are from 0 to 9. So I have taken an arbitrary decision to treat numbers > 7 as TRUE. Please let me know if you think a different trigger level would be appropriate.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Mark, ">6" would be better. 7 is the power level when the gear is up. 1 or 2 are the levels for heating.

Mark

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Tue, 19 Jul 2016 09:18
Hi Mark, ">6" would be better. 7 is the power level when the gear is up. 1 or 2 are the levels for heating.

Done for the next release. Thanks :)

To all users: this change won't practically affect your cockpit views (unless you enjoy landing with no gear).

hunijjang

Quote from: Mark on Tue, 19 Jul 2016 08:58
Quote from: hunijjang on Sat, 16 Jul 2016 08:01

The issue is that the PSX external lighting model is more detailed than the P3D lighting model (which is generic).
Example: PSX has 4 landing light switches. P3D has 1 landing light input. Therefore I have to decide what combination of PSX switches turns on the single landing light input in P3D. In this example I went with:

lo.LightLANDING = (lightingModel->InboardLandingL && lightingModel->InboardLandingR) || (lightingModel->OutboardLandingL && lightingModel->OutboardLandingR);

There is also the further issue in that I've yet to see a decent P3D 747 model that has a complete set of good lights.

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 13:51But I can tell that the landing lights in PSX and in real life may be slightly illuminated even when the landing light switches are off.

Hi Hardy,

P3D lighting inputs are booleans. PSX lighting outputs are from 0 to 9. So I have taken an arbitrary decision to treat numbers > 7 as TRUE. Please let me know if you think a different trigger level would be appropriate.

Hello Mark

Thanks for your answers.

I'd like to ask you another question.

How long time needs to initialize of PSX.NET.P3D ExternalSim?

It is does not stop so just continues updates of ground elevations and etcs...

Elev=2890 is completed is means... ready for use to PSX.NET.P3D ExternalSim?

Because, there is not smooth works to me... very cutting out of the view screen.

Also there is not working to main gear retraction but your youtube videos working well.

What are you using the these testing model?

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Mark

PSX.NET.P3D ExternalSim runs continually and doesn't take long to initialise.

It sounds like you have a firewall issue, have you created firewall exceptions?

Does the PSX.NET.P3D ExternalSim Router show a status of Connected on the bottom 2 lines?

hunijjang

Quote from: Mark on Thu, 21 Jul 2016 20:23

Does the PSX.NET.P3D ExternalSim Router show a status of Connected on the bottom 2 lines?

Hello Mark

Thanks for your answers.

Yes that is both is connected as shown.

However, the all the numbers Counter is continue increase...

there are be generally, initialization completed then It is counter is stopped? or Counters keeping to increase?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

hunijjang

Quote from: Mark on Thu, 21 Jul 2016 20:23

Hello Mark

at this moment, the only problems is not working landing gears retraction. but that is ok. because it is not very important with external view. and nose and main gears just keeping afloat these not fully touched down on the ground.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

18hazelwood

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help with my problem.

1.8.0 is connected and working fine, no issues with the connections and all working fine as the previous version did., I only have 1 issues and that is;

1. When my 747 settles into its position, it settles too low and the fuselage is resting on the ground slightly sunk into the ground if you like.
I would say this is an elevation issue, I an using a standard 747 aircraft from FSX.

Is there a way to raise the aircraft back up to the correct height from the ground by editing something in 1.8.0. files OR in the aircraft config file itself ??
I an using the latest P3D version and a clean install, NO added scenery yet...

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

Quote from: 18hazelwood on Mon,  1 Aug 2016 08:04
Is there a way to raise the aircraft back up to the correct height from the ground by editing something in 1.8.0. files OR in the aircraft config file itself ??

Try using the example router XML config file from the 1.8.0 zip... you're missing config values. (Edit with correct IPs if needed).

18hazelwood

Hello,

Thanks for the reply

""Try using the example router XML config file from the 1.8.0 zip... you're missing config values. (Edit with correct IPs if needed).""

I am still a bit confused...sorry...!!! Could you show me what it should look like, screen shot etc.....?

My IP for P3D is 192.168.1.12
My PSX IP is 192.168.1.20

Your help is much appreciated...

kwieser76

HI,

I have a problem with my setup

Version 1.8

Two Computer
IMAC : PSX
PC: P3D here runs also your tool

in Router:
i get updates from PSX but no info about GearModel and FlapModel.
Connection Status says:
Router -> P3D Connected
Router -> P3D Connected

the altitude in P3D is not correct? Aircraft is higher
Firewalls are turned off on both Computer
Connection is via WLAN

may you have any idea?

thx
kurt

Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

kwieser76

Hi an update to my problem

- as soon i'm airborne the ALT is ok
- also on Approach everything is fine but
- as soon we are on ground the ALT jump and i'm to high in P3D

any idea ?

thx

Kurt
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi,
I am baffled, the other day had a good flight, shut down the pc and yesterday problems, PSX.NET P3D made no connection with P3d on my other machine.
Nothing changed that I know of, it just did not work anymore.
When running PSX and P3d on the P3D  machine it works.
2 machines, it doesn't
So reinstalled PSX.NET.
tried every scenario in this thread. all  firewalls off on both machines, only private firewalls off, On both machines set incoming and outgoing rules to allow for P3D and PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim .router.
To this moment I got it working, at least, it moves the plane in P3D, but no field elevation update and the Router  status  message says Not connected.
All other  stuff works, like active sky, I can use Xview with no  problems, so guess it is not a network issue . Al files that are shared can be accessed by both pc's , Pinging works both ways.
I am afraid I can not find a solution for this problem.
If anyone got any idea, please  feel free ,
ivo

kiek

Hi Ivo,

If you are running on Windows 10 (and I believe you are), you no longer need any special Firewalls such as ZoneAlarm.  Just the Windows Firewall will do, with default settings. (My experience).

So remove any non-Windows fire walls.

Then upgrade your PC's to the Windows 10 Anniversary edition.

Then start again.

Let's see  of this helps.

Groeten,
Nico