News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

Britjet

Peter,

Make sure that your traffic is turned off in P3D. It's a known issue at the moment. This is probably causing the continuous reload.
Peter.

Peter Lang

Hi Peter,

thank you very much. I will check tonight.

Peter

kiek

Peter,
You should also set  % road vehicles, % ships&ferries and %leisure boats to 0.
Nico

Peter Lang

Peter and Nico,

thank you very much. This fixed it.

It runs rather smooth. Even with a 5857 x 1080 resolution over 3 monitors (with bezel correction on one PC) there is only minor stuttering noticable on ground while turning with full nosewheel deflection. Absolutely fantastic.

Peter

hunijjang

Hello, Mark

If the bother you or if it got in the way at your work I am really sorry to you.

I had no intention to do that.

I just think you was been only confirmation of my serveral email and no reply for several days.

so, I worried to you however, last previous replys makes to me, I just feel a bit off. so...

Upset and angry in the email after your reply.

By the way, I am a lot of expectations the next update of PSX.NET P3D.

Also I want to donate if you want to cheer for you and keep the great working.

Thanks a lot to you.

Best Regards,

Younghoon Choi

Mark

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim 1.8.0 now released. See post 1 of this thread for download link.

Change log:
- Fix for timezone bug
- Non-animated gear
- Non-animated flaps
- External lighting works (may not be perfect)
- Fixed bug with aircraft being 1m too high, is now user settable as 'MinWeightModelOffsetM'
(default value is 4.4, don't change this unless you understand what this value means)
- Turned off the debug publisher by default
(default value for 'DebugPubBind' is now blank)

Note 1: The XML files have additional settings so use the new files (& edit) or edit your existing ones to add the new settings in. Example XML files are included in the download.

For those of us excited by such things, here is a nice autoland video:
https://youtu.be/LGKsxEYhCxc

cavaricooper

Grabbing 1.8.0 now... will report back.  Many thanks!

Mark-  I wanted to report back.  My experience was different from Peter's below.  The latest iteration has stuttering in flight (something I never saw with the prior version).  I will keep testing, as I may have had a bad scenery load, but I wanted to mention in case this was something others were also seeing.  Absolutely no criticism intended, just wanted to report back with what I was seeing on my system.  There are indeed moments where it is silky smooth, but then there are occasionally moments it is not. 

I will update further through the weekend, and advocate waiting to see if it is just at my end before expending any effort tracing this issue.  It could likely be an ID10T operator error :).

Thanks again!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Peter Lang

Hi Mark,

I just made a test with 10.0.9-beta 1 and PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim 1.8.0.
Everything works smooth.

One curiosity: when I press Alt + Tab to start the external weather engine, the router seems to loose the connection. Then it shows:
Router -> P3D: unknown
Router <- P3D: not connected

But P3D again starts moving, without restarting anything.

As soon as I try to inject the weather from FSGRW, P3D stops moving and I have to restart P3D. The router message is the same as mentioned above. When I restart the router, its also the same:
Router -> P3D: unknown
Router <- P3D: not connected
but P3D is moving

Is FSGRW not supported? I read somewhere that ASN and FSx opus works.

Thanks,
Peter

Britjet

All working well here Mark, and very smooth. As I mentioned to you by Messenger I still have the leading edges showing with flaps up - does anyone else see this?

Peter.

Greg Hateley

Working great here to Mark.
Leading edges are going up, using the fsx model.
We have lights! :)

Greg

hunijjang

Hello Mark

Thanks a lot for this great updates to 1.8.0 version.  :D

I tested with that PSX.NET.P3D ExternalSim 1.8.0.

so, I found some issues.

External lighting works : As you noted that External lights operatiing is not perfect.

1. both landing lights working to not operating properly.
It is means 'Not always as activated same landing lights switch for on or off'

2. If I turn on NAV lights switch that is corrected on NAV lights but also the both strobe lights on.
If I turn on STROBE lights switch then that is working on only end of a tail strobe light?

Non-animated gear :

turn to landing gear up and down thas landing gears retractor not working.
so, that always makes on the like this picture https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Boeing_747_prototype_main_landing_gear.jpg/1920px-Boeing_747_prototype_main_landing_gear.jpg?1468651935502
I cheked your youtube video but like your youtube videos not running by me.

What are you using with a B747-400 in the P3D V3.3.5 addon?

I tested with this http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/55/717 and B747-400BCF(UPS livery)

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Britjet

Leading edge flaps working fine Mark - they were up all the time - just an illusion. Sorry!
Peter

Zapp

Hi, I am trying to make this work with Active Sky 2016 but it seems the two apps are conflicting in some way: the airplane is positioned at 0.0 and the router is not connecting at all.

It works perfectly with Active Sky Next: I think I will stick with it for now

Andrea

Britjet

My sim positions at N00 W000 as well. Talking to Mark that is a result of the external sim.dll. But after connection to PSX.NET (which takes quite a few seconds), all is well.
This is with both  ASN and AS16...

Zapp

Uhm ... true, eventually it (PSX.NET router) connects and seems to be ok. Except I seem to have some problem with RealTraffic/PSXSeeconTraffic at that point ... No problem at all with ASN instead. Notably, when I run AS16 after running ASNext it asks to update Simconnect.dll and the same happens if I do the reverse. So it is possible that the "new" dll conflicts with something or PSXSeecon has problems with the new version...

Andrea

Zapp

All working now, it must be related with the order in which I launch the different apps. This one seems to work ok:

1) PSX
2) P3D35 w/PSX aircraft
3) PSX.NET router
4) AS16
5) RealTraffic
6) PSXSeeconTraffic

Thanks

Andrea

cavaricooper

Question-

Is everyone here using the VC (with panels hidden) or the 2D (with panels hidden) for their forward view?

Ta- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Gary Oliver

Carl,

With P3D there is now a thing called a View Group so you can actually specify a Horiz and Vert FOV on the camera.  Might help out with being able to setup the view exactly how you want.

Cheers
Gary

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi,
I tried this ViewGroup, and still testing, so far  tried nvidea surround, no distortion on the edges, but only extended front view.

ViewGroup with a defined frustum , so each screen with his own FOV, as seen in the first youtube link, it gave me a distortion on the left screen, see the bus.

And side angles and beezel correction defined in the ViewGoup, I have a half cockpit setup for the time , front 0°, left70° , right 20° , the right one angled for reflection reasons and better viewing angle

They are 40" tv's and I have limited space, hence the rather strange recording method.
I use 2D panel with all instruments not showing.
Further testing ongoing

In the second  video driving from left to right and forth to show the smoothness on the ground in turns.

Sorry for the ambiant noises

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHDdZUTiXrQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMQpI7uxqck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIw1YvwMqN4
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

cavaricooper

Gary-

Thanks! Will Google and learn more about this....

Ivo-

Your level of detain in P3D seems similar to mine, but for some reason the fluidity is much greater than what I see. This has to be something on my machine and network- even with the NGX and 777 my native P3D is butter smooth.

Will add a separate machine just for PSX and test again. ATM I am running P3D on the top half and PSX on the bottom half of my 65" Sony. Perhaps if I go back to running P3D full frame.....

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA