News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

cavaricooper

Ivo-

Would you please upload your PSX.NET files (as modified, if at all) so I can compare them line by line to mine and try and decipher where my issue lies. TBT this has become a matter of principle by now, and I am determine to figure it out :). It's keeping me up nights ;).

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Carl,
My P3D pc is dismantled,  gonna upgrade my simplace,  I can do that tommorow, but what do you want?
The only thing I changed from the original files is the  IP address  to match my setup on 2 machines.

Maybe stupid questions, but it has to be solved.
i don't think P3D is the problem, but you installed it not in the programs folder?
You run everything as administrator?
.NET 4.5.1  in place?
P3D 3.3.5
PSX 10.0.8

No .DLL left over from previous install or in a wrong place?

My P3D folder is on F:\Prepard V3
It is shared , full control everyone,
User/apdata /roaming /prepard files all shared and full control everyone
Do you run ezdok? And if so , have you dissabled it to see if it changes anything?
Just some thoughts.
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

cavaricooper

Ivo-

I remain non-plussed.... thanks for your help!

I downloaded .NET 4.5 and tried to install just to make sure, and was informed that or a higher version was already in place.

Yes, P3D 3.3.5 in S:\Prepar3D with Everyone in FULL control

Yes, PSX 10.0.8 installed

App Data Roaming and Prepar3d files shared- (Simconnect works in P3D- networked ASN)

Using YOUR aircraft folder, and moved the 2 STOCK files to C:Users\Public\Documents

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

evaamo

Hi Carl, I haven't had any of the issues you're finding in your setup.

If you become desperate to the point you wouldn't mind having a total stranger like myself take a look via Team Viewer to your config, I might be able to spare a few hours in the next few days to help you troubleshoot your issues.

Let me know!
cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

cavaricooper

Enrique-

Absolutely... please email me and I will send you my contact details.  Thanks, I don't know what else I can do at this point.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

evaamo

Hi Carl, e-mail sent.

cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

ourwish

it's work great!
But there a bug to me
the PSX time is 17:00 day,but the P3D is aways in night?

Chris Kilroy

Quote from: ourwish on Sun, 10 Jul 2016 10:29
it's work great!
But there a bug to me
the PSX time is 17:00 day,but the P3D is aways in night?

There's a bug regarding time offsets when your system time isn't get to GMT. Mark is aware of it. However, the easy workaround for now is to set your system time to GMT - PSX and P3D times will then be synced.

cavaricooper

Ivo et al-

EUREKA- success finally! 

With a LOT of assistance from Enrique (EVAAMO) it WORKS!  The issue (and I share in case there are other poor souls with this problem) was that the original installers left 2 dll files in P3D.  The new versions of PSX.NET DO NOT WORK if you have those 2 files resident.  The fix was to remove them- presto- allest gut!

Now- off to FLY and feel that smoothness for myself :)

Thanks Enrique & Ivo and all others for your help!  THANK-YOU MARK!

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Chris Kilroy

Quote from: cavaricooper on Mon, 11 Jul 2016 04:06
Ivo et al-

EUREKA- success finally! 

With a LOT of assistance from Enrique (EVAAMO) it WORKS!  The issue (and I share in case there are other poor souls with this problem) was that the original installers left 2 dll files in P3D.  The new versions of PSX.NET DO NOT WORK if you have those 2 files resident.  The fix was to remove them- presto- allest gut!

Now- off to FLY and feel that smoothness for myself :)

Thanks Enrique & Ivo for all your help!  THANK-YOU MARK!

Best- C

So happy to hear that you finally got it working. This community is really something special, and something I'm proud to be a part of. Enjoy!

cavaricooper

Chris-

Thank-you for your assistance early on! Yes, our little ecosystem is unique in the impersonal world of the Internet. I am most grateful to be part of it as well.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Hopkinsstevea

Which two dll files are you taking about ?

Ivo de Colfmaker

I am realy glad it works now, enjoy the beautifull  smoothness , it was worth the wait.

I asked if there were no DLL's left from a previous install. I hade the same problem in the first update to 1.7

Anyhow, solved.

Up to some visual landings.
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

cagarini

This thread has provided an important piece of information that could easily be skipped by future users. Maybe Mark could add it to the instructions ( ? )

The more I play PSX with P3D through psx.net, the more I like it, specially the smoothness.

I found that in order to avoid some weirdiness when the aircraft is placed on ground, I had to increase the mesh resolution in P3D.

I'm using really low settings in P3D because it is being used just as a scenery generator on an old i5 2500, and I don't need buildings or trees so I have the corresponding autogen sliders all the way to the left, but I learned that setting mesh resolution at higher ( at least one position before full right ) avoids that irritating "80ft.... " and crash of the PSX aircraft when positioning it at most runways / parking slots.

I am also using AS16 + ASCA for the weather. I plan to get it running on my laptop instead of on the PSX+P3D desktop. PSXAlloft v2 is my next add-on :-)

Mark

Hey, I'm very happy to hear that the last couple of non-working installs have been resolved!
Moving forward, it should be smooth sailing from here on.

The next release is currently in testing and has:

- Support for timezones
(i.e. all users outside the UK should notice a difference!)
- External lighting
- Gear (non-animated)
- Flaps (non-animated)

Quote from: jcomm on Mon, 11 Jul 2016 10:08
This thread has provided an important piece of information that could easily be skipped by future users. Maybe Mark could add it to the instructions ( ? )

In my half-hearted defense - it's hidden in post 72 on page 4!  ;D
I was considering adding it to the instructions but I don't think anyone is running 1.6.0 anymore.

cagarini

Mark,

I wonder how you're doing the "animation" in p3d...

Do you interpolate / extrapolate  based on a custom FDM that "interprets" PSX's output of it's own FDM and massages it before feeding the positional / speed paramaters into P3D ?

When anwering some posts above regarding possible stutters when taxiing, I understood that a different approach was being followed while on ground - maybe there you simply directly copy the PSX positional / speed data directly to P3D ( ? ), and you're planning to adopt a new approach ( maybe using that same extrapolation algorithm ... )

cavaricooper

Mark-

Absolutely NO defense needed- the idiocy is squarely mine alone. I missed Ivo's reference and was well into a hair pulling regimen, until Enrique figured it out for me.

Your work is greatly appreciated, and any hurdles (I self-created) are worth the experience. Yesterday I flared my
G-CIVX using peripheral cues and a modicum of extra elevator to stroke her on to the markers- I have waited a long time to do that in PSX- Bravo! The change on Gary and Chris' sims must be extraordinary!

I remain obliged- Ta!

C

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Mark

Quote from: jcomm on Mon, 11 Jul 2016 10:30
I wonder how you're doing the "animation" in p3d...

Everything you said is spot on, with a sprinkle of Mark magic on top. The main barrier to using the same interpolation/extrapolation servo-ing on the ground is that it would noticeably show up as slight unexpected movement if not done perfectly (working on it!).

cagarini

Thx Mark!

Great work so far!!! Keep doing your Magic!!!! :-)

Peter Lang

Hi Mark,

first of all, a big "Thank you" for developing this tool.

After downloading PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim 1.7.1.zip and reading the very helpful posts here in this thread I finally *almost* succeeded to run P3D with PSX.

Almost...  every about 3,5 secs or so something is reloading. It is too fast to see what P3D reloads.
In the PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router Window I see that the PSX time is shown GMT + 2 h, which is the current summertime here in Germany. That means, when PSX clock shows 21:00, the Window shows 23:00.

I found that the time was an issue with previous versions, but should be solved with 1.7.1. So I'm a little bit confused about what I could have done wrong. Probably I have overseen something, but do not have any clue.
Any ideas?

Apart from that, the smoothness on ground is really impressing. When airborne, P3D quits after a short time.

Peter