News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

bublegom

Here are the last lines :

19: tP not detected (connection refused)
Scenery Generator connection failed, waiting 1 sec ...
Connecting to Scenery Generator ...
User closed PSXseeconTraffic, wait till all processes have stopped ...
Exiting: E_USER_CLOSE
Disconnect from RealTraffic Stream

************ liveries usage summary ************************

PSXseeconTraffic exits
MAIN_WINDOW_X=733
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=293

François

evaamo

Quote from: jcomm on Mon, 27 Jun 2016 17:20
Would be interested to know of successful use in a single PC, specially if the users find it smooth.

I believe I can, just as I did with VisualPSX, get a layout with the lower half of the screen dedicated to a PSX panel view, and the upper half with a cockpit view from P3D ?

Hi Jose, I'm using a single PC with PSXNET ExternalSim and it is working great, without stutters.

i7 6700k (no OC) with a GTX 780.

Cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

kiek

The log tells me that you have no connection to PSX and no connection to P3D...
That does not fit your story.
Please check this is the right log file, and post the complete file.
Nico

evaamo

Quote from: Mark on Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:22
No weather injection. I'm not planning any weather injection soon either.

Hi Mark, I remember reading some time ago that you had a PSX.NET module that reads the PMDG's 777 Winds Aloft file generated by PFPX and injects it into PSX. Are you planning to include that functionality in a future release?.

Thanks!
cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

cagarini

Thx evaamo! Looks great.

bublegom

0 light aircraft livery, as default
358 middle aircraft livery, as default
Connecting to Scenery Generator ...
Connecting to PSX ...
PSX connected
Connected to Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3
Starting SimConnect session and synchronising ...
Waiting for Scenery Generator ...
Connecting to RealTraffic ForeFlight stream ...
RealTraffic ForeFlight socket connected
User closed PSXseeconTraffic, wait till all processes have stopped ...
Exiting: E_USER_CLOSE
Disconnect from RealTraffic Stream
RealTraffic ForeFlight stream disconnected
force Disconnect PSX ...
Scenery Generator disconnected

François

kiek

Hi François,
Strange, the log looks normal to me. I am out of the country at the moment, will have a look into it when I am home this weekend.

Edit: Check: Note that you should not select aircraft cast shadows on the ground in P3D.
Nico

cavaricooper

Mark-

I am at my wits end (albeit in my case not very far/difficult)... I just cannot seem to get a connection/movement with P3D.  To verify, I went back and loaded up VisualPSX today and all works as expected. 

I have done everything I can think of, even using Ivo's aircraft file in case I was having finger trouble (ta again Ivo).  I have double and triple checked my firewall, with incoming and outgoing rule sets for both P3D and your Router (with ALL selected for each).  I do have ports open and in use, however, they are 6811, 500, 29800, 29764... not the mentioned ones....

Again, I am running all this on ONE computer, thinking I will farm things out once I actually connect....

Do you have any thoughts on where I can explore next?  The thought of silky smooth visuals with PSX is keeping me up nights :)

Best- C

Quote from: Mark on Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:44
cavaricooper

I've just caught up on the last few pages of this thread and was saddened to see you're still having issues.

- Does the aircraft move in P3D as PSX moves?

If so, I still suspect a firewall issue.
I'm struggling to think of other causes... there is a very tiny chance you already have something else bound to ports 10760/10761/10762 but that's unlikely.
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Carl,
Did you tried my sugestion , can you confirm that you got the firewall message when running P3D?
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

cagarini

Just another thumbs up!  It's working smooth as silk on my i5 2500 @ 3,3 Ghz, with Nvidia GTX 960 4GB graphics card.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

SSD 250 GB

cavaricooper

Ivo-

I didn't delete the rule, however, I did turn off the firewall... No joy.

If you feel the rule behavior would lead to a different result I can try that tomorrow.

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Carl,
I tried that to and it did not worked.
I might be very wrong, and do not know enough about firewall issues, but for me it worked only when updating windows, and that can not be the case, because people use it on different OS , and re installed P3D , in which case I got the firewall message to thrust it.
After all you tried  , give it a go,  who knows.
What did the trick for José?
Ivo

cagarini

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Thu, 30 Jun 2016 08:51
[...]
What did the trick for José?
Ivo

Ivo, I just followed the install steps.

In Win 10 the Public Documents folder is "C:\Users\Public\Documents" for a default "C:" Windows install as usual... so I moved into that folder the two .xml files. Didn't have to edit anything because it's all running on a single PC, and the entries "localhost" and 127.0.0.1 are OK.

Then Used the Posky ( ready to go ) model linked in this thread, created a Layout in PSX with 1920 x 520 in the lower pane with the main instruments, and I use "WindowsBorderlessGaming" to set the size of the P3D folder.

Started PSX ( with both servers enabled ), followed by the router, followed by P3D for which I created a situ already with the Posky BA 747-400.

The main difference from past experience with FSX, FSX:SE and former P3D versions is the superb smoothness, something I was only able to achieve with X-Plane 10.

I always use autogen trees and scenery to ZERO / NONE / FULL LEFT slider, and scenery complexity to one step bellow Max ( Ultra ). I use no traffic in P3D. Also only default P3D scenery, although I might install ORBX FTX Global.

Chris Kilroy

Quote from: Mark on Sat, 25 Jun 2016 22:22
Chris

Intriguing, I was not expecting that! Does it still do it if you change:

<DebugPubBind>tcp://*:10762</DebugPubBind>
<DebugLogToFile>true</DebugLogToFile>

to

<DebugPubBind></DebugPubBind>
<DebugLogToFile>false</DebugLogToFile>

(PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.xml)

If still no better then I might contact you directly to pre-test the next version.

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay. Gave it a shot tonight and turning off the Debug definitely made 1.71 run smoother. I'm still not convinced that it's *quite* as smooth as 1.60, but that could be my mind playing tricks at this point. I'll continue to play with it over the coming days and see how it feels.

cagarini

With the latest version of P3D v3.3, AS16 and ASCA pumping the visuals for the weather ( maybe also the upper winds latter on when I install PSXAloft... ) I had the smoothest experience EVER with an external visuals generator.

I'm no longer forced to install 80+GB of useless sim when I can do the same ( including Seasonal Textures and much better weather rendering ) with just around 11GB !

It's remarkable how, for the very 1st time, PSX's driven POSKY 744 performed smoother than the PMDG 777 ( the only add-on I own for P3D ). It feels like Aerowinx PSX is a native P3D aircraft!

And, as I have pointed out, all of this in a single PC, single ( cheap ASUS ) monitor - i5 2500k 16 GB RAM, GTX 960 4GB, SATA 250 GB, Win 10 Pro 64.

Ivo de Colfmaker

Quote from: jcomm on Fri,  1 Jul 2016 08:56
With the latest version of P3D v3.3, AS16 and ASCA pumping the visuals for the weather

hi José
i don't think ther out yet?
Ivo

cagarini

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Fri,  1 Jul 2016 09:33

hi José
i don't think ther out yet?
Ivo

It is, at least for me :-)

I've been beta testing for HiFiTech for about 10 yrs :-)

Ivo de Colfmaker

I see,  thought so.
it looks promising.

Since the release of PSX  flightsiming is taken to a whole new level, and now there is a perfect visual system also.
And very nice people on this forum.

We can count our blessings.
Ivo

evaamo

Quote from: jcomm on Fri,  1 Jul 2016 10:11

It is, at least for me :-)

I've been beta testing for HiFiTech for about 10 yrs :-)

you are a lucky chap, José!!!  did they manage to improve performance in cloudy/overcast weather with AS16/ASCA?

Thanks!
cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

cagarini

Thx E :-)

yes I am indeed :-)

Here you are - 3 shots from AS16 + ASCA...

CYLL 011400Z 09005KT 5SM -RA BR OVC 004 14/13 A2998 RMK ST8 SLP158 DENSITY ALT 2400FT

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GFbF
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GFbJ
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GFbS

Please note I am not using max cloud density in P3D ( my system is low-mid ) and I also have the cloud draw distance min and max set to 60 nautical miles. In AS16 I limit the max # of cloud layers to 3 ( default is 5 ) also to save frames...  So, even better results can be expected with maxed settings.