News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

Mark

Chris

Intriguing, I was not expecting that! Does it still do it if you change:

<DebugPubBind>tcp://*:10762</DebugPubBind>
<DebugLogToFile>true</DebugLogToFile>

to

<DebugPubBind></DebugPubBind>
<DebugLogToFile>false</DebugLogToFile>

(PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.xml)

If still no better then I might contact you directly to pre-test the next version.

cavaricooper

Mark et al-

Back at my sim, and eager to experience the wonders of PSX NET.  Have tried with 1.7 for the past hour without success.  I'll bet it's finger trouble at my end.  PSX, PSX NET and P3D all on one machine for now.

Here are my files as I have edited them... perhaps something will be very obvious to some kind soul...
placed in C:\Users\Public\Documents

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router.xml=
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <PsxBoostIP>192.168.1.201</PsxBoostIP>
  <PsxServerIP>192.168.1.201</PsxServerIP>
  <PsxServerPort>10747</PsxServerPort>
  <RouterPubBind>tcp://192.168.1.201:10760</RouterPubBind>
  <FeedbackSubBind>tcp://192.168.1.201:10761</FeedbackSubBind>
  <TimeSync>true</TimeSync>
</Settings>

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.xml=
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <RouterSubBind>tcp://192.168.1.201:10760</RouterSubBind>
  <FeedbackPubBind>tcp://192.168.1.201:10761</FeedbackPubBind>
  <DebugPubBind>tcp://192.168.1.201:10762</DebugPubBind>
</Settings>

I was getting the exact same issue as Ivo, so I tried disabling my firewall (despite same PC) without success...
This Received Boost and Received PSX are increasing.
Published FlightModel and TimeModel are populated
Subscribed FeedbackModel:0
Ground Elecvation NaN
PSX elevation updates: 0
PST time is ok

Connection status is Unknown and Not Connected

TIA

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Chris Kilroy

Quote from: cavaricooper on Sat, 25 Jun 2016 23:28
Mark et al-

Back at my sim, and eager to experience the wonders of PSX NET.  Have tried with 1.7 for the past hour without success.  I'll bet it's finger trouble at my end.  PSX, PSX NET and P3D all on one machine for now.

Here are my files as I have edited them... perhaps something will be very obvious to some kind soul...
placed in C:\Users\Public\Documents

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router.xml=
<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <PsxBoostIP>192.168.1.201</PsxBoostIP>
  <PsxServerIP>192.168.1.201</PsxServerIP>
  <PsxServerPort>10747</PsxServerPort>
  <RouterPubBind>tcp://192.168.1.201:10760</RouterPubBind>
  <FeedbackSubBind>tcp://192.168.1.201:10761</FeedbackSubBind>
  <TimeSync>true</TimeSync>
</Settings>

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.xml=
<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <RouterSubBind>tcp://192.168.1.201:10760</RouterSubBind>
  <FeedbackPubBind>tcp://192.168.1.201:10761</FeedbackPubBind>
  <DebugPubBind>tcp://192.168.1.201:10762</DebugPubBind>
</Settings>

I was getting the exact same issue as Ivo, so I tried disabling my firewall (despite same PC) without success...

TIA

C

C,

I would start over using both stock XML files. With your all-on-one computer configuration, you shouldn't need to change a thing.

I'm thinking you may have broken it by changing the *.[port] lines for the binds. Those aren't meant to be changed. Also, when working on a single computer, it's better to use 127.0.0.1 for localhost than using the [192.168.1.201] IP address.

Good luck!

Quote from: Mark on Sat, 25 Jun 2016 22:22
Chris

Intriguing, I was not expecting that! Does it still do it if you change:

<DebugPubBind>tcp://*:10762</DebugPubBind>
<DebugLogToFile>true</DebugLogToFile>

to

<DebugPubBind></DebugPubBind>

(PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.xml)

If still no better then I might contact you directly to pre-test the next version.

Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply. I had logging disabled, but I will give it a shot later this weekend with the debug bind removed and see how it does.

cavaricooper

Chris-

Replaced BOTH with stock.... exact same issue.  Thanks for your assistance... much appreciated.  Thought perhaps it was my antivirus, and so I added exclusions... NO joy... Still head scratching though....

Best- Carl
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Chris Kilroy

Quote from: cavaricooper on Sun, 26 Jun 2016 00:16
Chris-

Replaced BOTH with stock.... exact same issue.  Thanks for your assistance... much appreciated.  Still head scratching though....

Best- Carl

Carl,

You took care of business within P3D too, right? (placing the .DLL in the folder of the aircraft you're going to use and making the changes to the aircraft.cfg)

Assuming yes, what version of P3D do you have installed? I tried externalsim on 3.1 initially and it didn't work, presumably because the internal P3D externalsim workings came about a bit later.

cavaricooper

Chris-

Affirm... placed in \\PREPAR3D\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\b747_400
3 lines to add underneath the line that says 'title=' (normally in the [fltsim.0] block):
ExternalSimID = {3E6B47E7-C706-4A10-BC88-6E7C199ED5A6}
ExternalSimData = 0
ExternalSimModule = PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.dll

1 line to change (change all instances of this line in the file): from: Category=airplane to: Category=externalsim
all done.

P3D v 3.2.3.16769

I think my issue is with the P3D location... but it is ALL on the same PC so I remain baffled.

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Chris Kilroy

Carl,

Agreed; there's definitely not a link between P3D and the PSXExternalSim router. My only remaining suggestion would be to upgrade to the latest 3.3.5 to see if that helps (as I mentioned, when I tried with 3.1, it didn't work either).

cavaricooper

Chris-

Updated to latest P3d... no joy... exactly the same issue...  Thanks again, will keep trying... everything I have read about PSX.NET seems superlative... and I'm anxious to see it in action.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Carl,
I still can not use it on 2 pc 's over a network, it worked once, but even then the P3D connection was not shown.
i wanted to see if I could run PSX ExternalSim router on the prepard machine, and PSX main and boostserver  on the PSX machine, it works, but got bad stutters  each 2 or 3 seconds!

Yesterday removed prepard completely , had on 1 machine windows 7. The other one windows 8.1 and upgraded both pc's to windows 10
This afternoon I wil install all back and hope to have it working
Will keep  you informed.
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

cavaricooper

Ivo-

Thanks!  I should add I am on one PC atm, running Win 7 x64; however, the plan is to run on 3 PCs all running Win 7 x64 eventually.  My PSX and P3D are on 2 SEPARATE drives, but on the same machine.

VisualPSX still works and "sees" P3D.  I am not in a position to go through a full reinstall of P3D right now... so I hope there is some other solution.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

GodAtum

Hi all,

Unfortunately this has suddenly broken for me after I restarted my PC. The server values increase, but not the boost. Been trying to get it to work for the past 2 days but with no luck and I've run out of options.

When I start the exe and then close it, it stops the PSX boost server.

joergalv

Quote from: Greg Hateley on Fri, 24 Jun 2016 00:58
Just a small note to say that ASN crashes on the first start then works on the second while running External sim.

Seems those ASN crashes are caused by ASN trying to apply wind + turbulance data to the external sim model.
I have not experienced ASN crashes with PSX.NET after applying the following in the ASN settings (i saved it as PSX User Prerset):

[Wind options (and effects)]
TurbulenceScalePercent=0
MaximumWindTurbulencePercent=0
MaximumWindShearPercent=0
WakeTurbulenceStrength=0
MaximumDowndraftRate=0
MaximumUpdraftThermalRate=0

---

Ivo, Cavari, et all.. Sorry, no further idea what might cause your issues..
Just a shot in the dark, propbably worth a try: Installing all 4 versions of simmconnect on your P3D PC, that come with P3D.
- ESPv1
- FSX-RTM
- FSX-SP1
- FSX-SP2-PACK
You'll find all of them in your P3D main folder under \redist\Interface

kiek

Quote from: joergalv link=topic=3629.msg37535#msg37535
Just a shot in the dark, propbably worth a try: Installing all 4 versions of simmconnect on your P3D PC, that come with P3D.
- ESPv1
- FSX-RTM
- FSX-SP1
- FSX-SP2-PACK
You'll find all of them in your P3D main folder under \redist\Interface
No that will not help. You do not need any Simconnect client at the P3D PC.
Nico

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi,

I have everything up and running, it works flawless and with great smoothness so far.
for the moment just a P3D vanilla install.
In case it might be useful to someone else, this is what I did until now.
uninstalled p3d and all the linked files and deleted all the P3D folders.
updated both computers to windows 10,
P3D pc has both firewalls , public and local enabled, no antivirus program present.
PSX  pc has both firewalls , public and local enabled, antivirus  present .
when pinging both machines it showed  that the ping from P3D to PSX machine did not work due to the fact that the antivirus program(bitdefender Internet security) firewall blocked it, disabled this firewall and pinging ok.

Installed the Posky 747.400 aircraft.  mine has 62 liveries, deleted 61 of them , kept 1.
Edited the aircraft.cfg , removed the 61 entries  and added the  additional lines.

[fltsim.0]
title=Boeing 747-400 British Airways
ExternalSimID = {3E6B47E7-C706-4A10-BC88-6E7C199ED5A6}
ExternalSimData = 0
ExternalSimModule = PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.dll
sim=Boeing747-400-RR-ProjectOpensky
model=744-RR
panel=747
sound=RR
texture=british1

[General]
atc_type=BOEING
atc_model=B744
performance=-Cruise Speed:\n0.85 Mach - 567 mph - 912 km\/h\n\n-Engine Options:\nPratt & Whitney PW4062\nRolls Royce RB211-524H\nGeneral Electric CF6-80C2B5F\n\n-Maximum Range:\n7,260 nm - 13,450 km\n\n-Service Ceiling\n45,100 ft - 13,747 m\n\n-Fuel Capacity\n478,050 lb - 216,840 kg - 57,285 US gal\n\n-Empty Weight\n394,100 lb - 178,800 kg\n\n-Maximum Takeoff Weight\n875,000 lb - 396,890 kg\n\n-Length\n231.83 ft - 70.6 m\n\n-Wingspan\n211.42 ft - 64.4 m\n\n-Height\n63.41 ft - 19.3 m\n\n-Seating\n2-Class configuration:524\n3-Class configuration:416
Category=externalism

installed PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim as per manual.
Used the Eyepoint settings that Peter gave us, thanks for that.

On P3D machine SimConnect client installed.10.0.40219,
ESP SimConnect client 10.0.61259.0

Gonna install the rest of the add-ons one by one and try.
will keep you posted.
b.t.w., I do not use external views of the airplane, but noticed that it floats over the ground, gears retracted. But that is not important to me.
ivo

cavaricooper

Ivo-

Glad you got it working!  Please do update us on the add-ons. I will keep trying at my end, but I simply cannot uninstall P3D at this time.  There has to be something else blocking my progress... Just confounded as its all on one machine.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cagarini

Would be interested to know of successful use in a single PC, specially if the users find it smooth.

I believe I can, just as I did with VisualPSX, get a layout with the lower half of the screen dedicated to a PSX panel view, and the upper half with a cockpit view from P3D ?

kiek

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:52
On P3D machine SimConnect client installed.10.0.40219,
ESP SimConnect client 10.0.61259.0
That's not needed. You only have to install a Simconnect Client at another PC then P3D, if and only if, you run an application at that PC that uses Simconnect to communicate with P3D. Examples are PSXeeconTraffic, ASNext and VisualPSX. For Marks router it is not needed.
Nico

cavaricooper

Mark-

For when you stop by next...

I am running PSX Server, Boost Server and P3D on the same machine, but at C:\Aerowinx and S:\Prepar3d- i.e. two separate drives.  Eventually I would like to separate this, but just trying to get it to connect first.  ASN does run on another machine using a PSX client as well.  Simconnect works between those 2 machines as ASN sends Wx to P3D.

I get PSX and BOOST numbers increasing, as well as Published FlightModel and TimeModel.
Subscribed FeedbackModel: 0
Ground Elevation(m): NaN
PSX elevation updates: 0
Connection status, Router -> P3D:Unknown
Connection status, Router <- P3D Not connected

Just DL once more and used fresh files for this attempt.  Did NOT change anything as all is on the same machine.  Is the fact that I am running on 2 separate HDs causing this?

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Carl,
Do You have enough  room to copy PSX to your S drive to try that?
PSX can be moved without a problem to an other disk .

But I do not believe this is the cause.
You run it on 1 pc, so have you tried to copy the.xml files without changing anything? 
I had all those problems just as you have, what plane do you use in P3D?
The connection does not happen if you  do not load  the 747 with the dll file in it.
Ivo

cavaricooper

Ivo-

Yes, I can try moving PSX and will, however, I agree I do not think that is the issue.  Will try that later today.

Yes, I re-downloaded the 1.7 and used the files without editing just to be sure I hadn't screwed up something.

I am using the FSX 744 which worked with VisualPSX and I did copy the file to that sim objects folder and edited the several instances of the "Category=Airplane" as required.

Still no connection... I use EZCA in P3D with the latest P3D installer... I wonder if the additional camera views with Category=Cockpit are causing some issue? Does your POSKY have that as well? I do have a plain vanilla backup... But that is on a machine that is currently US and being upgraded with a boot SSD.... Perhaps I ought to try the Opensky version....

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA