News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

Britjet

I'm not an expert but - you say there is no "Category=ExternalSim" entry in your config file for the Posky 747?
Or did you mean that there was no entry before you installed ExternalSim?
We needed to do that manually before the latest updates. I assume it is still required..
I'm sure Mark can help..
Peter

Captain_Crow

Hi Peter,
thanks for jumping in. The entry Category:Externalsim is there, but not the important three lines after Title...
After all there is no entry in the public document, no "Three lines" in the aircraft.cfg. Just the Configuration program and the Router itself installed correctly. The rest vanished in the outer space..

Will tray to setup the 2.3.0 version later on...

Best
Steff

Mark

With 2.5.0, the only lines added to aircraft.cfg by the configuration application is:
(shown with sections)

[fltsim.0]
ExternalSimID={3E6B47E7-C706-4A10-BC88-6E7C199ED5A6}
[General]
Category=ExternalSim

Note: There has been a comment previously that if you have multiple liveries, you have to add the ExternalSimID in multiple places (fltsim.1, fltsim.2, etc).

Captain_Crow

Hi Mark,
thanks to you for that. I just have fltsim.0, no other liveries installed. New to me is that there has to be just one line for Externalsim. Will check if this is the case..

Best
Steff

blatantdave

do i have to run the config tool for each aircraft i want this to work on?

farrokh747

folks

is there anything i need to do / set to get the hardware PSX PTT (on the yoke, glare and ACP ) buttons to send a command to P3D / Vpilot TX?

IM using the ptt hardware buttons mapped to the correct Q vars and they move in PSX  - how do i tell Vpilot i'm trasmitting? Right now, I'm not seeing any TX in VPilot when i press any of the ptt buttons......  The Radio freq's are being sent to Vpilot OK....

cheers and thanks,

fc

fc

cavaricooper

Farrokh-

I have the same button assigned in PSX (via USB) and vPilot as Capt PPT... works flawlessly. Have you assigned in vPilot?

HTH- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

farrokh747

hi - thanks....

QuoteHave you assigned in vPilot?

My Vpilot and PSX are on diff pc's  - i have assigned a keyboard ptt on the vpilot pc -

my hardware is mapped to these PSX values.... (via simstack)

Qh82="LcpPttCp"; Mode=DELTA; Min=0; Max=1;
Qh93="LcpPttFo"; Mode=DELTA; Min=0; Max=1;
Qh410="SwitchesAudioL"; Mode=ACP; Min=-1; Max=27; // Qh410=26(r/t) // Qh410=-1 (off)
Qh411="SwitchesAudioC"; Mode=ACP; Min=-1; Max=27; // Qh411=26(r/t) // Qh411=-1 (off)
Qh412="SwitchesAudioR"; Mode=ACP; Min=-1; Max=27; // Qh412=26(r/t) // Qh412=-1 (off)

as i said, it works fine within PSX, bit i dont think this is being carried forward to PSX > P3D > Vpilot/Vatsim

any thoughts?

fc

Mark

Farrohk - The frequencies are input into P3D but no PTT state currently, the primary reason we've not noticed this yet is that in Gary's sim we've got an complex audio subsystem dealing with it.

I could try setting the 'COM TRANSMIT:1' simconnect variable and get you to test it?

farrokh747

Thanks mark - that would be great -

Unfortunately V pilot does not have an option to assign 2 separate soundcards for Com 1 and Com 2 - (squakbox did)

So for the time being, I wanted to have the audio in (Mic) from one of the boom sets (FO Side via a Flightsound Usb adapter) and the out (spkr) to the cockpit speakers....

of course, when taking the vatsim audio in/out from the PC directly (non PSX) , I don't have the vol / on / off controls from the PSX ACP...... I don't know of a way around this...  perhaps there is a way for a PC sound card volume to be controlled via software (PSX VHF1 VOL Qvar > patch > PC Soundcard Vol) -  just thinking.....

cheers,

fc

cavaricooper

My Vpilot and PSX are on diff pc's  - i have assigned a keyboard ptt on the vpilot pc -
as i said, it works fine within PSX, bit i dont think this is being carried forward to PSX > P3D > Vpilot/Vatsim

any thoughts?

fc

Without the adequate programming skills, I am left to the USB solution.  I too run vPilot on a different PC (with the vPilot Server on the P3D PC and the vPilot Client on the PSX Boost PC).  I have assigned my choice for the PTT HW BUTTON within PSX USB and as the PTT in vPilot.... could you not just assign the PTT within vPilot also?  I frequently do not see the trees, just the forest... so apologies in advance if they are warranted ;)

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

farrokh747

Quotecould you not just assign the PTT within vPilot also? 

I could, but i would have to rewire everything from Simstack to a Bodnar...  not practical at this time....  let's see what mark  comes up with. I think in Mark/Gary's setup, the ptt is handled by their audio system. There are several places in the deck where the pilots can press transmit (Glare, yoke, ACP) - each of these inputs (in my rig) are wired to Simstack / Arduino and trigger PSX vars -  I think it's best that everything goes through PSX anyway... And then onto the addons...

Having said that, Simstack Switch is versatile in that it can comminucate with P3D as well - but one or the other - not both (PSX and P3D) in the same instance...

Of course, the usb a final option...

cheers

fc

farrokh747

Q: Does P3d / FSX have a Transmit Function, or does one have to send the value to VPilot directly..? If so, what offsets does VPilot use ( for ptt and everything else ) ?

There are some swuawkbox specific offsets listed here, but not sure if VPilot uses these...    http://www.squawkbox.ca/doc/sdk/fsuipc.php

c,

fc

jb747

Freddie,

I assigned the PTT function in FSUIPC on the PC I have designated as the P3D Server (not needed for Mark's program and a holdover from Wideview days but still there).  It works fine.

Jon

farrokh747

thanks jon -

where is your hardware trigger coming from ? InterfaceIT?

fc

jb747

b744erf

Hello simers.
After 3 days work. I finally make Psx.net external 2.50 work. I used to use x-plane11 with xview.
I got two PCs running all the system. One runs only P3D with router. The other one runs all the PSX instances and plug-ins.
I got a question: why can't psx.net sync and inject weather into P3D from PSX. While Xview did automatically. How can I setup correct? Or .net dose not function weather injection?
Sorry to trouble. Some one may already asked. But I still can't find in the forum.

Thank you and hope to get the answer.

Jack

Gary Oliver

Quote from: Jack love 744ERF on Mon,  8 Jan 2018 02:56
why can't psx.net sync and inject weather into P3D from PSX.

Jack,

When we challenged Mark to create external sim we deliberately didn't ask for a weather link from PSX to P3D.

The reason being is there are many weather programs around for P3D that inject wonderful looking weather, cloud and mist effects, which are good at working around the P3D restrictions in order to make the graphical weather look good.

The way we work in our simulator is to use FS Global Weather (or Rex or Active Sky if you prefer, we use FSGW as it supports multiple P3D instances).

This then makes the P3D graphics look good.

We then pull the upper winds from P3D into PSX to keep the PSX world winds in line with the real world upper winds.  PSX.NET.Weather does this for you by pulling out of external sim, and a new version will be released shortly with the dispatch center.

I hope this explains the concept that we use.  We see no use for a PSX to P3D weather sync.

Of course we still have the problem of PSX and P3D thundercells showing in different places, but are working on that.

Cheers
Gary

b744erf

Thank you Gary. It is totally a new conception about the weather injection. I think this is the best way to get the eye candy runs perfectly. There is a bug in visualPsx and Xview that the weather always get a suddenly "jumping" change. I think that is because we got a different Matar as the location change. And this may be the way to fix it.
Looking forward to the new version to sync the thundercells.
Regards 
Jack

ScudRunner

Hello all,

just wondering if anyone is able to use the replay function in Prepar3d (V4.1) to replay sequences from flights undertaken using a PSX/Prepar3d linked via ExternalSim.

When I currently try to replay any flight I've undertaken the aircraft just sits at the most recent position.  Perhaps it is not possible to `record' flights while ExternalSim is linking the Prepar3D instance to PSX - just wanted to confirm if that is the case of if something was specifically amiss with my setup.

Best all
Scud.