News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

New add-on: PSXseeconvPilot

Started by kiek, Sun, 5 Jun 2016 12:51

kiek

Today I've released yet another PSX add-on: PSXseeconvPilot, a simple tool for flying on-line with PSX on the VATSIM network, using vPilot.

PSXseeconvPilot connects the PSX with your Scenery Generator (FSX/P3D) and, indirectly via SimConnect, to vPilot. It performs the following tasks:

• from FSX/P3D -> PSX: it injects the VATSIM traffic in FSX/P3D (injected by vPilot), that is nearby your 744, into PSX to be displayed in the Captains Navigational Displays (TCAS).
• from PSX -> FSX/P3D: it sends PSX's VHF-L, VHF-R, Transponder Mode, Transponder Code and Ident to SimConnect variables in FSX/P3D. vPilot will read these variables.

PSXseeconvPilot works with all versions of vPilot, in FSX and or P3D (version 2.5 or later).

More information, the download link and a Manual can be found at my web site.

Nico Kaan

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Nico,

thank you very much!

Is this a candidate for the Add-ons webpage?

Cheers,

|-|ardy

kiek

Hi Hardy,
Yes it is.
Cheers,
Nico

kev32b

Hi,

Does this addon mean i do not need to use Visual psx addon for scenery now which connects prepare 3d v3 to psx 

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Nico,

you wrote that the traffic will be displayed on the Captain's ND.

I guess you inject the traffic by the usual Q variables so that it affects all traffic related systems in PSX, that is:
both pilot's TCAS displays and alerts (ND, PFD, aurals), collision detection (crash), and outside view.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

kiek

Quote from: kev32b on Tue,  7 Jun 2016 08:48
Does this addon mean i do not need to use Visual psx addon for scenery now which connects prepare 3d v3 to psx
No, you still need VisualPSX as Scenery Generator; but instead of TrafficPSX configured for vPilot, you could use PSXseeconvPilot.

kiek

Hi Hardy,

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Tue,  7 Jun 2016 14:38
I guess you inject the traffic by the usual Q variables so that it affects all traffic related systems in PSX, that is:
both pilot's TCAS displays and alerts (ND, PFD, aurals), collision detection (crash), and outside view.
Sending traffic to PSX is as with PSXseeconTraffic, it is exactly the same program code, so the answer is Yes.

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Tue,  7 Jun 2016 14:38
you wrote that the traffic will be displayed on the Captain's ND.
You're right, I'll remove the word Captain's from my documentation.

Cheers,
Nico

cavaricooper

Quote from: kiek on Tue,  7 Jun 2016 18:15
No, you still need VisualPSX as Scenery Generator; but instead of TrafficPSX configured for vPilot, you could use PSXseeconvPilot.

Nico-

From the first post it would appear that a scenery generator is still a pre-requisite, however, whilst traveling the opportunity to fly just with my MacBook Pro forces me to ask-

If one were careful to connect up at an airport without active traffic, "popping up" at the left or right take-off runway threshold hold point, would one be able to fly on Vatsim without a scenery generator whatsoever?  Obviously an immediate disconnect after landing would also be appropriate....

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

kiek

Hi C,

No that's not possible, you need a scenery generator, because it provides the Simconnect variables that PSXseeconvPilot writes and vPilot reads (and vice versa).

EDIT: Note that it will still work without  VisualPSX,  but you certainly need FSX or P3D.  vPilot will also not start without FSX or P3D. In summary: You can fly on VATSIM without visuals (so PSX only) but one always needs FSX or P3D.

Nico

kiek

Quote from: kiek on Tue,  7 Jun 2016 18:15
CORRECTION: You need P3D or FSX. If you want to have Visuals you can of course use VisualPSX, but any other program with the same functionality would do. But at the moment I'd recommend VisualPSX.

@Hardy: Could you update your PSXseeconvPilot description at your Add-ons page accordingly?  Thx!

Nico

kiek

Quote from: kiek on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 08:07
@Hardy: Could you update your PSXseeconvPilot description at your Add-ons page accordingly?
Thx!
Nico

Flex

Help! I cannot get the client to pick up P3D as my scenery generator. I am using P3D.external and not VisualPSX.
I'm quite confused.

I have now managed it by putting the simconnect.xml file i found into the correct place and changing the IP to the PSX one. Though my next problem is Vpilot thinks my radios are off when they are in fact on. Back to the drawing board.

Cheers,

Felix

cavaricooper

Nico-

ATM I use TrafficPSX to connect with Vatsim/vPilot. As Garry isn't supporting it anymore, I'm concerned that the next vPilot update will break the connection and so I would like to get comfortable with PSXseeconvPilot. I wanted to make sure that it will run on a networked install as I use TrafficProxy on the Sim machine, and vPilot and TrafficPSX (to be replaced by PSXseeconvPilot) on a networked support machine?

Thank-you!

Carl
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

G-CIVA

Quote from: cavaricooper on Tue, 18 Oct 2016 15:32I'm concerned that the next vPilot update will break the connection

If you are referring to vPilotv2 in any of its iterations, Version 2 has been working absolutely seamlessly alongside the Gary Richards suite since RTM - just as Version one always did.  I see no reason why any future RTM would 'break' any connection.

https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=70966
Steve Bell
aka The CC

kiek

Quote from: cavaricooper on Tue, 18 Oct 2016 15:32

I wanted to make sure that it will run on a networked install as I use TrafficProxy on the Sim machine, and vPilot and TrafficPSX (to be replaced by PSXseeconvPilot) on a networked support machine?
Afirm.

Nico

cavaricooper

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

JohnH

Hi Nico,

I am trying to download PSXseeconvPilot however when I click on the download link at your site it says file not found?

John

kiek

JohnH

Works great! Thanks so much.

John

cavaricooper

Nico-

I am having an issue with PSX.P3D.ExternalSim and PSXseeconvPilot working together.  When I use PSX.P3D.ExternalSim for my visual scenery generator, and use PSXseeconvPilot, I can connect to VATSIM, but have NO voice ability- i.e. I cannot select the frequency and speak to the controller.  To do that I have to use TrafficPSX.

If I use PSXseeconvPilot to control my radios there is the VATSIM connection- but NO voice.  If I use TrafficPSX to control my radios- all works correctly.  Is there something I am doing wrong, or is there a configuration I need to make to allow PSXseeconvPilot to work correctly for me?

I use P3D (latest 3.3 version NOT 3.4)
PSX Beta 10
Latest FSUIPC build

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA