News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Runway approach lighting

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Fri, 7 May 2010 06:23

cavaricooper

Hardy-

Thanks for the response, I have been more and more focused on flying PSX without any scenery generator and so this along with the independent Wx model are all things that are more important than when running with the P3D ecosystem attached.

I shall wait, and continue to learn and appreciate PSX in its current iteration, whilst salivating about its evolution:)

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

We may need to adjust the lighting to become a bar code, else this new system will not scan it:

https://www.tum.de/nc/die-tum/aktuelles/pressemitteilungen/details/35553/

:-P

United744

Hardy already made a change to the lighting a few years ago based on the runway length. I think the switching point was 7000 ft or so.

I too wish for a more detailed lighting environment one day.

Avi

Quote from: United744 on Fri, 19 Jul 2019 03:27
I too wish for a more detailed lighting environment one day.

I did ask Hardy during Alpha phase to improve it and he did double the Green lights density across the threshold.

When PSX (1.0.0) development was close to an end, Hardy asked the Alpha-Beta team for a wish list for the future. Improvement runway lights was in my list.

Maybe when Hardy finish with the FMC-NG, he will want to deal with something "lighter"  ;)

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

cavaricooper

It's good to read there is enthusiasm for this particular facet of the sim. The transition phase during the moments prior to touchdown will be greatly enhanced when time permits Hardy to re-visit this subject. Meanwhile, I have lots to learn and absorb already, but thoughts of having the NG FMC do keep me up some nights ;)

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA