News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Can no longer DL XView...

Started by cagarini, Sun, 13 Mar 2016 18:21

cagarini

Tried the

"ftp://larkshayes.com

You will then be asked for the username and password:
username : xview@larkshayes.com
pw: 747Pilot"

but the FTP server always stalls :-(

Any alternatives?

EDIT:  After a few ( many ) tries, I finally managed to get in and downloaded 1 by 1 the files :-)

asboyd

Checked today and still accessible. I suggest you get hold of Filezilla and use it.

Make sure you have all items mentioned in the correct case (upper and lower).

Cheers,

Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

cagarini

Thx Alex,

that's what I actually did, and it worked after a loooong while :-)

asboyd

Maybe there were access issues from your location. I managed to download in around 90 seconds (cable access in Sydney Australia).

Cheers,
AB

Ruben Rodriguez

It is getting close to a frustration, beeing reading many threads but have not been ablle to download, have tried these different browsers and the same result. After typing in usser and Password nothing happens.

Can any one share this files by any other means, or just give up on trying to use XPlane as scnenery?

asboyd

Click below to find the post with a link to xview on my dropbox folder....
http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1615.msg46978#msg46978

Cheers,
AlexB

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

FTP is a bitch. Most modern systems have trouble, as they secured themselves up to the point of breaking more traditional procols.

If required I can host stuff, at least temporarily, on a flat HTTP/HTTPS system, too.

RRVyper

I notice there is an Aerowinx PS1 directory in the AVSIM Library. As far as I can see, there are no files in that directory as of today. Perhaps that's where PSX files could be hosted? I did a search on Flightsim.com's file library and there are 5 PS1 related files, including the PS1 Demo. So, that's another option. Both of these sites require a free account.

https://library.avsim.net/login.php

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php

Randy

Hardy Heinlin

There's no problem to host PSX related files here at aerowinx.com.

Mike, if you read this, just let me know ... :-)

Regards,

|-|ardy

RRVyper

Even better. I didn't think that was an option since all the files seem to reference a forum post with links to an external site.

Randy

Ruben Rodriguez

Thanks for Dropbox got the files and is working great.

I am using XPLane 10 will XView work as well on XPlane 11?

RRVyper

XView does work with XP11. I'm not sure how it compares with XP10 as I never tried it there. I did have a few issues with the view not turning with the plane (although it was moving with the plane) but selecting (or toggling, I don't remember) the Extrapolation option from within XP11 seemed to sort it out. Initially I had an issue where the plane landed in PSX but was still above the runway in XP11. That was at CYYC and I never landed there since nor has the issue come up again.

Randy

United744

I use XView with XP11. It works, but there are a few minor glitches that appear for a second sometimes.

Extrapolation works sometimes, and sometimes not. I haven't figured out what changes.