News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Orange Globes

Started by Will, Tue, 30 Mar 2010 02:39

Will

This happened once before, then fixed itself, but now it's back.  New posts aren't showing up with orange globes next to them.  I'm logged in, and I have cookies enabled... Any ideas?  Thanks.
Will /Chicago /USA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Delete all cookies from aerowinx.com and let the site re-establish them?

Will

Did that, still hasn't helped.  It's marking every post as blue, i.e. already read.  Any other thoughts?
Will /Chicago /USA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

This "everything already read" effect can also be an indication of other issues.

You may have some session to the same board open on another place, which is constantly catching up and steals your cookies.

Your browser may not actually accept cookies, which renders the "read/unread" system inoperative, to which it responds by not showing any special markers.

Just guesses.

Jeroen

Holger Wende

Quote from: Will CronenwettIt's marking every post as blue...
Hi Will,

I see the same behaviour with my IE8.0 browser ever since but never really worried about it.

Actually I never tried to solve this issue because I check my RSS feed first. This works reasonably well for me.

My antivirus SW regularly notifies me about detected "tracking cookies" which are being removed. Unfortunately it does not tell the cookie details. Allthough I do not know whether aerowinx.com installs "normal" or "tracking" cookies, your AV software might be responsible as well.

Many browsers allow an option to enable *all* cookies for user-specified sites. This is something you should try first.

Regards, Holger

P.S. And since a while, when I enter a reply into the "Quick reply" field and press o.k., then get an empty! preview window and my reply is lost. Normally posting a reply works fine at the second attempt.
So now I use notepad to write my replies where I can copy/paste the text to the web page :)

Will

Wow, I don't have that problem.  Thanks for the suggestions, I'll make sure I'm wide open for Aerowinx cookies.
Will /Chicago /USA

Shiv Mathur

Quote from: Holger WendeSo now I use notepad to write my replies where I can copy/paste the text to the web page :)

You could save one step by typing directly into the quick reply box, and then copying it all before clicking 'ok' ! ;)

Shiv

Holger Wende

Quote from: Shiv MathurYou could save one step by typing directly into the quick reply box, and then copying it all before clicking 'ok' ! ;)

Great idea  :lol:
If only I could make my brain remember to copy all before hitting the OK button... But my brain seems too busy with other important stuff  ;)

But this time... select all ... Ctrl-C ... OK ...  :mrgreen:

Regards, Holger