News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

RELEASED: Open beta of PSXseeconTraffic

Started by kiek, Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:10

JohnH

Hi Nico,

I just installed the 6.1 update. I am running the latest version of P3Dv4 and the latest version of PSX.
When I run PSXseeconTraffic64X.exe I get the following error.

User aircraft title: Boeing 747-400 Air Canada - Old Livery

Error: User aircraft does not seem to be an aircraft

I have never received this error message before?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John

kiek

Hi John,
I know what the problem (that slipped in) is, please wait till I have released version 6.2 later this week.
Regards,
Nico

JohnH

Quote from: kiek on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 17:54
Hi John,
I know what the problem (that slipped in) is, please wait till I have released version 6.2 later this week.
Regards,
Nico

Thanks for the reply Nico.

John

kiek

Hi John,
Version 6.2 has been released.
Regards,
Nico

JohnH

Hi Nico,

Version 6.2 has solved the error message

Error: User aircraft does not seem to be an aircraft

Thanks very much!

I did notice that if using PSX and running PSXseeconTraffic64X.exe with P3D v4 I was receiving an error when entering the destination airport, that airport not found.

I copied the 'parked' folder to the PSXseeconTraffic subfolder 'PSX' folder and that solved the error message.

Thanks again, John

kiek

Quote from: JohnH on Sun, 16 Jul 2017 19:31
Hi Nico,

I did notice that if using PSX and running PSXseeconTraffic64X.exe with P3D v4 I was receiving an error when entering the destination airport, that airport not found.

I copied the 'parked' folder to the PSXseeconTraffic subfolder 'PSX' folder and that solved the error message.

Oh I see, that's a bug in the installer program, it should have put PSXseeconTraffic64X.exe in the PSXseeconTraffic folder, not in a subfolder PSX.

In the PSXseeconTraffic folder parked is already available as subfolder.

Will change that in 6.4

REgards,
Nico

JohnH

Hi Nico,

Am pleased to report that version 6.4 works perfect!

John

Britjet

Thanks very much Nico - one request - I wonder if it is possible - "Tower View" is one location option in P3D instead of selecting a runway or gate. However, if this is selected SeeConTraffic reports "user aircraft does not appear to be an aircraft" and exits.

Would it be possible to make this work? It would be really cool to just watch the traffic from the Tower!

Regards

Peter

asboyd

Can anyone advise what AI aircraft they are able to use with P3DV4? I have tried finding aircraft but there are some restrictions, from what I can tell.
Also some hints on how t install them would be helpful.

Cheers,
AB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

JohnH

As mentioned by Peter I am using 'MyTraffic v6a purchased from SimMarket and have not noticed any problems.

John

asboyd

Thank you John.

I was kinda hoping for some freeware options, although I can probably wait for Orbx to update there AI traffic offering.

Cheers,

kiek

Quote from: asboyd on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 06:27
Thank you John.

I was kinda hoping for some freeware options, although I can probably wait for Orbx to update there AI traffic offering.

Cheers,

Good freeware options are the FAIB http://fsxaibureau.com/models,
also see Jürgen Baumbusch  his http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/ site.
You have to install these aircrfat one by one, there is no package (I have about 500 ...)

Another very good option is FSPXAI http://www.ai-repaints.com/index.html, some base models you have to buy at Simmarket, but there are hundreds of free liveries.

kiek

Quote from: Britjet on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 18:29
I wonder if it is possible - "Tower View" is one location option in P3D instead of selecting a runway or gate. However, if this is selected SeeConTraffic reports "user aircraft does not appear to be an aircraft" and exits.

Would it be possible to make this work? It would be really cool to just watch the traffic from the Tower!
? If you select View, Change View, Tower, nearest Tower it should work.
In cameras.cfg you better change Track into none in order to make panning in tower view possible.

You could also define Custom camera views (I have 4 at different places at EHAM).

The "user aircraft does not appear to be an aircraft" message  is issued  if you select a non-aircraft as Vehicle. But I assume you fly a 744    ;-)

Kind regards,
Nico

asboyd

Thanks Nico.
Have already started downloading FAIB planes. I just wish the Orbx AI would get updated as it was terrific for P3Dv3

Cheers,

Britjet

Thanks Nico - that in fact is a better option than having all that non-workingmtower furniture in the way!
Peter.

JohnH

Hi Nico,

With v 8.3 I am getting the error message

recv failed with error: Interrupted system call

I have changed nothing else other than to update the program, any ideas?

John

kiek

Hi John,
I have no longer a PSX Simulator, so I cannot test new versions myself. What was the last version that worked ok for you? 8.1?
EDIT: I think I have found the bug, please re-install version 8.3 and see...
Regards,
Nico

JohnH

Quote from: kiek on Sat, 30 Sep 2017 13:22
Hi John,
I have no longer a PSX Simulator, so I cannot test new versions myself. What was the last version that worked ok for you? 8.1?
EDIT: I think I have found the bug, please re-install version 8.3 and see...
Regards,
Nico

Thanks Nico re-installed 8.3 and it is now working perfect!

John

Captain_Crow

Hi Guys,

is there a chance to get it working at Win7 ? I always get the message that my windows is not the right version...
I have no Win10 running here..

Thanks

Steffen

kiek

Quote from: Captain_Crow on Sun,  1 Oct 2017 06:25
Hi Guys,

is there a chance to get it working at Win7 ? I always get the message that my windows is not the right version...
I have no Win10 running here..

Thanks

Steffen
Negative. It's Win 10 only.

Note that you can still upgrade to Win 10 without costs. Or run PSXseeconTraffic networked
from a Win10 Laptop.

Nico