News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

RELEASED: Open beta of PSXseeconTraffic

Started by kiek, Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:10

evaamo

Hi Nico, I used version 3.5 the other day on a departure from KJFK to EGPK and it was absolutely amazing listening to LiveATC and watching all the AI aircraft in front of me match the real world ATC.

Thank you for your very nice program! And congrats for 3.5, it works great!.

cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

Frans Spruit

Hi Nico,

Top 3.5 works really well thank you,

Frans Spruit

kiek

Hi Peter, evaamo and Frans,

Thank you! I'm glad you guys like it too.

Version 3.6 is available, with two small -but nice- improvements. Here are the release notes.

Cheers,
Nico

GodAtum

Quote from: kiek on Wed,  3 Aug 2016 16:34

Version 3.6 is available, with two small -but nice- improvements. Here are the release notes.

Cheers,
Nico

Whats the best way to upgrade from v3.0? Just replace the PSXseeconTraffic.exe?

kiek

Quote from: GodAtum on Sun,  7 Aug 2016 11:14
Quote from: kiek on Wed,  3 Aug 2016 16:34

Cheers,
Nico

Whats the best way to upgrade from v3.0? Just replace the PSXseeconTraffic.exe?

From the Manual Chapter 2:

"Updating to a new version is easy: just install the new version by unzipping and overwriting the files, except your SimConnect.cfg (if in use)."

So yes, just overwriting PSXseeconTraffic.exe will do the trick. If you also overwrite the other files, you are also up to date with respect to the SimilarTypes.txt file and the documentation.

Nico

kiek

Hi guys,

Yesterday I've released versions 3.9 and 4.0 with lots of improvements.
Landings for instance are almost perfect now and takes-offs are slightly better.

These virtual pilots are getting better every day! ;-)

Here are the release notes.

Cheers,
Nico

kiek

Hi ,

Today I've released versions 4.3.

The navigation lights, beacon lights and strobes of AI aircraft are now also controlled by PSXseeconTraffic.

Here are the release notes.

Nico

Britjet

the mad hatter

you are the "Dogs Bollocks"  love it ..

Frans Spruit

kiek

Hi guys,
Thank you!  Work continues, version 4.4 is up ;-)
Nico

Britjet

Hi Nico,
V impressed with 4.4. Just sat watching the Heathrow traffic was amazing. Comparing it with FlightRadar24, it is amazing how you have managed to smooth it all out and make it realistic. My thanks!
Peter.

kiek

Hi Peter,

Yes it is great sight, to see all these aircraft lining up for departure. Sometimes even eight or nine,  slowly driving and turning into the right taxi ways.

However, it's a pity that quite often some of these waiting aircraft suddenly disappear because there is no new position information in the Real traffic stream for more then 30 seconds. Then I have to remove the aircraft and when there are 3 new positions received you will see them pop up again.  This happens more often at Heathrow than at other airports. At EHAM for instance you can often follow an incoming aircraft to the gate and vice versa, while at Heathrow you hardly see that. Could that be because of different policies? Setting transponders off  or on?

If aircraft are airborne, they seldom disappear because of lack of position information, it is only at the ground.

Cheers,
Nico

kiek

Hi,
Version 4.6 is up:

Flaps control added. First only at the ground and at take-off, not (yet) when landing.

Landing Lights are always set to on on the ground; this to have some light in the dark while taxiing (most AI aircraft have no taxi lights). See also new Chapter 6 in the Manual about AI aircraft animations.

The algorithm for Pitch has been improved.

More precise taxiing, smallest possible displacements are now 13 meters instead of 26 meters.

Cheers,
Nico

Britjet

I think there is a transponder policy at Heathrow, or there used to be - to reduce the amount of ground interrogation going on.
Perhaps Triple7 can elaborate?
Peter

kiek

Hi,

Just to let you know that version 4.10 is up, with improved landings.

Version 4.9 is not able to detect this new version (with two decimal digits), so that's the reason for this post.

Cheers,
Nico

kiek

Hi,

Just to show what PSXseeconTraffic can do for you, a screenshot of this afternoon (15:25 Zulu):

Christmas rush hour at London Heathrow

Merry Christmas!

Nico
P.S. The next version of PSXseeconTraffic will have a mechansim to randomly park static aircraft at gates. Watch this thread.

Britjet

Merry Christmas Nico - and thanks for all your work!
Peter.

kiek

Hi guys,

Version 5.0 (public beta) is up.

•   Live/real time traffic for any user aircraft in FSX/P3D (!), so no longer only for PSX. You can switch PSXseeconTraffic between PSX mode and User Aircraft Mode (UAC).
•   Added a mechanism to park aircraft at parking positions at origin and destination airports.
•   Added a tool ParkPosGenerator that generates airport files with parking positions, preferred airlines and preferred aircraft types, for your airports.
•   Added information in the PSXseeconTraffic window about live airborne traffic in range of the user aircraft (PSX users: corresponding with the aircraft you see at the Navigational Displays).
•   Added collision detection at the ground between the user aircraft, live aircraft and parked aircraft.
•   The limited range function is changed into a limited vert(ical) range function
•   A new horizontal range limit function added that is active at the ground only.
•   The airlines only checkbox has been changed into a light aircraft checkbox.
•   A new "ufo" checkbox added.
•   Update frequency back to 40 times per second for every live aircraft.
•   Some errors in the RealTraffic stream fixed.
•   Manual updated.

Go to: http://www.lekseecon.nl/PSXseeconTraffic.html

Cheers,
Nico

Britjet

Many many thanks Nico - I was wondering if there might be a possibility of using it just with P3D - and here it us!
Can't wait to try it..
Peter