News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

RELEASED: Open beta of PSXseeconTraffic

Started by kiek, Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:10

kiek

Hi,
Version 1.0.5 is available.

Bug in reading QNH from PSX (that had slipped in) fixed (resulting in better landings).
(note that PSXseeconTraffic is not dependent on the QNH in your Scenery Generator.)

Default maximum number of aircraft in your Scenery Generator changed into 50 ( and upper limit changed to 100).

Experimental: Added an option to Keep arriving aircraft parked for a while after they have disappeared from the RealTraffic Foreflight stream and they are (hopefully) at the gate.

B74X and A38X will be parked for 2 hours before disappearing; aircraft from EasyJet and Ryan Air will be parked for 35 minutes (they have a faster turn-around time), and the others for 1 hour.

This will lead to an airport with more (real) planes (!). Note this is experimental yet, have to find a way to detect whether they are really at the Gate when they disappear from Foreflight...

rgrds,
Nico

Zapp

Ok, I managed to see some aircraft both in PSX and in P3D3.1. I think that there is yet something I can improve though .... here is my log:

PSXseeconTraffic version 1.0.5
compiled at: Jan  5 2016 17:17:51

MAX_NUM_AIRCRAFT=40
DEFAULT_LIVERY_TITLE=WoA_DJC_A320-200_CFM_AZA-Alitalia
Reading AI_liveries.txt ...
540 liveries read from AI_liveries.txt
Connecting to Scenery Generator ...
Connecting to PSX ...
Connected to Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3
PSX connected
QNH=1035 KNCA 052156Z 02010G20KT 10SM CLR 01/M10 A3055 RMK AO2 SLP346 T00061100
load3 received, start SimConnect session and synchronise...
Connecting to RealTraffic ForeFlight stream ...
bind failed with error 10048
RealTraffic ForeFlight stream disconnected
User closed PSXseeconTraffic, wait till all processes have stopped ...
lf_exitStrategy: E_USER_CLOSE
Disconnect from RealTraffic Stream
force Disconnect PSX ...
PSX main server closed the connection

************ liveries use summary ************************

PSXseeconTraffic exits

QNH=1034 KILM 052153Z 04011KT 10SM CLR 01/M11 A3054 RMK AO2 SLP340 T00111111
Warning: AAL1195 could not be created, liverie: WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-800_W_AAL-American Airlines
Warning: DAL2313 could not be created, liverie: WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-800_W_DAL-Delta Air Lines
QNH=1034 KSUT 052215Z AUTO 01006KT 10SM CLR 01/M11 A3054 RMK AO2 T00101109
QNH=1034 KCRE 052153Z 03009KT 10SM CLR 03/M11 A3052 RMK AO1 SLP337 T00281111
QNH=1034 KMYR 052045Z 04010KT 10SM CLR 04/M13 A3052
Warning: New situ detected, PSXseeconTraffic will exit ...
lf_exitStrategy: E_NEW_SITU
Disconnect from RealTraffic Stream
RealTraffic ForeFlight stream disconnected
force Disconnect PSX ...
QNH=1025 iKJFK 010123Z 22014KT 6 1/4SM SKC 06/03 A3028

************ liveries use summary ************************
Warning: 7 liveries could not be created, see log file
WoA_AIA_B738_W_QNZ-Qantas Jetconnect_ZK-ZQA
WoA_AIA_B763F_UPS_NC
WoA_AIA_B763_GE_DAL-Delta Air Lines 1_1
WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-800_W_AAL-American Airlines
WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-800_W_AAL-American Airlines Working Together
WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-800_W_DAL-Delta Air Lines
WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-800_W_DAL-Delta Air Lines Skyteam Sat

21 aircrafts skipped because there were no liveries with exact TYPE available

43 not found AI liveries:
AAL A319
AAL A320
AAL E190
ACA A320
AFL A332
ASQ CRJ9
ASQ E45X
DAL B712
FLG CRJ9
GJS CRJ7
GLF GLF4
JBU A320
JBU A321
JBU E190
NKS A321
PDT DH8A
ROU B763
SWA B737
TCF E145
TSC B738
___ A319
___ A320
___ A321
___ A332
___ B712
___ B737
___ B763
___ BE35
___ BE40
___ C560
___ CL30
___ CRJ7
___ CRJ9
___ DH8A
___ E145
___ E190
___ E45X
___ F900
___ FA50
___ GLF4
___ LJ60
___ PC12
___ TBM8

PSXseeconTraffic exits

kiek

Quote from: Zapp on Tue,  5 Jan 2016 23:01
Warning: 7 liveries could not be created, see log file
WoA_AIA_B738_W_QNZ-Qantas Jetconnect_ZK-ZQA
WoA_AIA_B763F_UPS_NC
WoA_AIA_B763_GE_DAL-Delta Air Lines 1_1
WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-800_W_AAL-American Airlines
WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-800_W_AAL-American Airlines Working Together
WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-800_W_DAL-Delta Air Lines
WoA_FAIB_FSX_B737-800_W_DAL-Delta Air Lines Skyteam Sat
These liveries are not completely installed in P3D. You should improve or remove.

Quote from: Zapp on Tue,  5 Jan 2016 23:01
21 aircrafts skipped because there were no liveries with exact TYPE available
If you choose default for the livery filter, you get WoA_DJC_A320-200_CFM_AZA-Alitalia as livery instead.

Note: you definitely need more different liveries.

Regrds,
Nico

Zapp

Ok Nico, thank'you. Now I only have to find out whether those that I have are correctly iinstalled or not. But I think that they are, because I followed exactly the same procedure as with the Alitalia Livery that is showing more or less everywhere .....

Thanks

Andrea

kiek

Quote from: Zapp on Wed,  6 Jan 2016 17:29
Now I only have to find out whether those that I have are correctly iinstalled or not. But I think that they are, because I followed exactly the same procedure as with the Alitalia Livery that is showing more or less everywhere .....
No, I think they are not installed correctly, while SimConnect cannot create the livery in your Scenery Generator...

kiek

Zapp

Hi, I found out that the only way to see liveries is to put folders like WoA_AIA_B737_W, WoA_AIA_B744_PW, WoA_AIA_B763_RR and all the other types directly in SimObjects\Airplanes and then let subfolders from different airlines merge there. The standard install of World of Airlines does not work.

Since it is quite a job, and I am not sure it is the right one, has anyone succedeed visualizing traffic in P3D3.1 using a better solution?

Thanks

Andrea

kiek

Hi,
Quote from: Zapp on Fri,  8 Jan 2016 12:26
I found out that the only way to see liveries is to put folders like WoA_AIA_B737_W, WoA_AIA_B744_PW, WoA_AIA_B763_RR and all the other types directly in SimObjects\Airplanes and then let subfolders from different airlines merge there. The standard install of World of Airlines does not work.
No, that's not correct. You should put all your WoAI aircraft in a separate WoAI folder under SimObjects. You should use the WoAI installer (version 2.04) and select that folder as as Output folder.
It's indeed a lot of work, can't help that. 

Make sure you have a path to WoAI in simobjects.cfg. Run VMRGenerator, copy the AI_Liveries.txt, and fly..

You should never put AI aircraft in the Airplanes folder. The airplanes folder is for "normal" aircaft such as PMDG, and so on. Aircraft that need much more cpu cycles to be shown in P3D.
Nico
P.S. there are also (payware) alternatives for WoAI.

Britjet

Hi Nico

I am getting the fault message "SIMCONNECT_EXCEPTION_UNRECOGNIZED_ID:209, index 3 sometimes in PSXseecon.

Do you have any ideas on this, please?

Peter

kiek

Hi Peter,

No I have not, I'm sorry. I used to see that exception long time ago, but nowadays I can let run PSXseeconTraffic for hours without any problems.

Is there any clue in the PSXseeconTraffic.log file?

How are you using PSXseeconTraffic, at the same PC as P3D or remotely? I'm having P3Dv3 on one machine and PSX + PSXseeconTraffic + RealTraffic +VisualPSX on another.

Tomorrow I hope to release version 1.07, so if there are no clues you better try that one first.

Regards,
Nico

Britjet

Hi Nico,

It seems to happen if I have been using another program beforehand with simconnect, such as PSXAloft, or similar.
It also seems to happen if I pause the sim for any reason, which I suppose would make sense?
I will have a look in the log file next time it happens.
I am using PSXseeconTraffic remotely from the P3d Machine.
The only difference network-wise between your setup and mine is that I have VisualPSX on the P3D machine.

I look forward to version 7.

Thanks,

Peter

JP59

Peter, in you SimConnect.xml file, did you check PSXAloft / PSXseeconTraffic / VisualPSX do not share the same port ? It could lead to conflicts. Every add-on which connects to SimConnect must have its own port.

Just an idea.
Cheers,

kiek

Quote from: Britjet on Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:33
It also seems to happen if I pause the sim for any reason, which I suppose would make sense?
No, it should not. RealTraffic will continue to read the PSX lat/lon and continues to produces a stream with nearby aircraft.
You do not even have to run VisualPSX to see traffic.

Nico

kiek

Quote from: JP744 on Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:43
Peter, in you SimConnect.xml file, did you check PSXAloft / PSXseeconTraffic / VisualPSX do not share the same port ? It could lead to conflicts. Every add-on which connects to SimConnect must have its own port.
No, PSXseeconTraffic uses the same port as VisualPSX by design.  Max 64 clients can use that port and each client identifies itself with it's name, so it should not lead to conflicts. At least over here it does not.

The advantage of using the same port as VisualPSX is that people will have less trouble getting PSXseeconTraffic to work. Most of them already use VisualPSX so PSXseeconTraffic will run out of the box... Getting the AI aircraft installed is already a hurdle for a lot of people.

However,Peter, to be sure you could try JP's idea to see whether that solves your problem. So add another entry to simconnect.xml, with a different port and use that port number in the SimConnect.cfg file that's in the PSXseeconTraffic folder.

rgrds,
Nico

Britjet

I have a different port set at the moment - but I will give your ideas a go. Thanks guys!

Peter

JP59

Hi Peter,

Quote from: Britjet on Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:33
It seems to happen if I have been using another program beforehand with simconnect, such as PSXAloft, or similar.

What happen if  you start PSXseeconTraffic first ?

Regards,

kiek

bublegom

Hi Nico

Thank you very much for your addon. It works fine except when I start a flight from Corsica. PSXseeconTraffic hangs with the message : Traffic detected, buffering now ...

Regards

François

kiek

Hi Francois,
Quote from: bublegom on Wed, 20 Jan 2016 16:57
It works fine except when I start a flight from Corsica. PSXseeconTraffic hangs with the message : Traffic detected, buffering now ...
Please post the PSXseeconTraffic.log file ....
Regards,
Nico

bublegom

Hi Nico,

Here it is :

PSXseeconTraffic version 1.0.7
compiled at: Jan 12 2016 16:45:03

Reading AI_liveries.txt ...
4015 liveries read from AI_liveries.txt
Connecting to Scenery Generator ...
Connecting to PSX ...
Connected to Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v2
PSX connected
QNH=1016 LFKJ 201800Z AUTO 07004KT 6000 BKN052 BKN110 08/07 Q1016
Starting SimConnect session and synchronising ...
Connecting to RealTraffic ForeFlight stream ...
RealTraffic ForeFlight socket connected (though not sure ForeFlight is sending traffic)
Traffic detected, buffering now ...

Regards

François