News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

RELEASED: Open beta of PSXseeconTraffic

Started by kiek, Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:10

asboyd

Not sure that the upgrade is still available free of charge. I think that ran out some time ago...

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

kiek

Quote from: asboyd on Sun,  1 Oct 2017 10:17
Not sure that the upgrade is still available free of charge. I think that ran out some time ago...

Cheers,
AlexB
Somebody told me it is still possible free of charge. MS really wants you to move... :-)

Nico

asboyd

Just checked and no go.. ended July 2016. Now you have to pay :(
Also tried on one of my Windows 7 lappies.... No Good, so stick with 7 I guess... (or move to Linux :) ).

Cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

kiek

Hi guys,

Version 8,7 is up, with a 64 bit version for Prepar3D v4.1

Here are the release notes.

Cheers,
Nico

JohnH

Hi Nico,

Just installed v 9.9 thanks for the update. I am finding that the text for

Destination airport [ ]
and
PSX hostaddress [ ]

are overlapping each other, has anyone else reported this?

Am using PSX 10.14 and Windows 10

Thanks, John

kiek

Yes, that is my mistake. Since I no longer fly the PSX i tend to forget to check the UI of the PSX version of PSXseeconTraffic...

I am on holiday now, will bring an update around January 6.

In the mean time you could enter the hostaddress via the PSXseecontraffic.cfg file and the Destination indirectly via a flight plan. See the Manual about how to use a flight plan.

Regards,
Nico

kiek

Hi John,

Problem solved in version 9.11, available now.

Regards,
Nico

JohnH

Quote from: kiek on Fri,  5 Jan 2018 15:33
Hi John,

Problem solved in version 9.11, available now.

Regards,
Nico

Hi Nico,

Thanks very much for the update!

John

bublegom

Hi Nico,

I don't wish to renew my RealTraffic license since the cost for 12 monthes has changed from 10$ to 72$. Is it possibe to add an option to use your program only to feed the visual scenary (FSX or P3D) with planes grounded at gates in the origin and destination airports and use in flight the native PSX traffic.

Regards
François

kiek

Hi Francois,
Quote from: bublegom on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 11:33
and use in flight the native PSX traffic.
What do you mean with native PSX traffic? From what source?

Regards,
Nico

bublegom

The traffic generated by PSX.

Regards
François

kiek

Quote from: bublegom on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 12:42
The traffic generated by PSX.
Oh I see.

No I'm sorry, that's not the purpose of my program.
My program is about real life traffic, world wide. You really need the RealTraffic app as source. 60 Euro a year is not expensive for what you get: all real time aircraft positions world wide. Do note that 60 Euro is a cost based price, the developer of RealTraffic has to pay for his data-sources and for the IT environment he hires in the cloud.

One of our competitors, Air Nav FS Live Traffic, charges 40 Dollar for 3 months and then you only get a segmen of the world ..

And my program PSXseeconTraffic is free, it took me 2 years to develop it ..

But it is ofcourse your decision whether you will continue or not.

Maybe a nice (yearly) birthday present? :-)

Nico

bublegom

Thank you Nico for your answer but unfortunatly I'm not a pigeon. I also would like to see my wage increased by 620% !

François

kiek

Quote from: bublegom on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:25
I also would like to see my wage increased by 620% !
Me too! :-)

Nico

kiek

Hi,

I've made some small updates to the last version of PSXseeconTraffic for PSX, available at my website with version number 9.38. 

Here are the release notes.

I cannot test it myself so if someone can give me feedback if all is still well...

Regards,
Nico

kiek

Quote from: kiek on Thu, 17 May 2018 10:53

I cannot test it myself so if someone can give me feedback if all is still well...
It has been downloaded 56 times since my post but no report yet??

Nico

kiek

Hi,

I've fixed a nasty bug in the last version of PSXseeconTraffic for PSX, available at my website with version number 9.30. 

Nico

Captain_Crow

Hi,
I don´t know if this topc is still open. But after updating to Win10 I try to get Realtraffic and PSXSeecon to run.
The message is : Bind failed.

What can be wrong ?
Best
Steffen

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

"Bind" sounds like a socket problem, i.e. something with the network. In many cases this means either the same thing is already running, or a security problem where the application isn't allowed by Windows to access the network it needs.

Wild guess.

Hoppie

Captain_Crow

Thank you dear Jeroen,
it should run on the same machine as PSX aynd realtraffic. And it is in the list at the firewall...
Do you have further ideas ?
Best
Steffen