News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Upgrade Android Remote PSX

Started by Kockie69, Sat, 19 Dec 2015 21:26

Kockie69

I finally found some time to finish the upgrade I started on a couple of months ago. It fixes some presentation issues that where reported by Hessel when using acars and bacars. I also changed a lot of the code in the backend, but this won't be noticable by you the endusers and doesn't provide any new functionality.

I hope you will enjoy this version (although it looks the userbase is pretty small).

It can be downloaded from this link:

http://androidcdu.weebly.com/downloads.html

KaiTak

An excellent idea, thank you very much.

Ronny

Thanks Cockie69.
"Dat he'j mooi doan"

Tigh

Thanks Kockie.

Settings for the Samsung S2 9.7 that work for me are:-

Top margin 130
Left margin 320
Font size 30
Line margin 18

Not sure about "Msg" positioning yet.
Regards,
Dan

Simfest Drink Coordinator.

frumpy

Hi Robert,

I just downloaded it, but did not connect it to PSX yet. Very cool program!!

I've got a 7" tablet off ebay, where the space is a bit limited. On top I've got
the "PSX Remote 1.0" bar and on the bottom the Android 4.4 softkeys (back, Home, ...).
The manual describes a way of pressing the upper right screw to hide
the upper bar, but this does not seem to work (maybe because it's not
connected to PSX).
Is there any way of enlarging the CDU by removing the upper&lower bars?

Thanks for the (soon-to-be) very helpful program! :)

Kockie69

It is a long time ago that I last looked at the code and I don't have access to PSX from where I am at the moment. I can't promise anything but I will have a look as soon as I have the chance. But to be honest, this won't be within a couple of weeks.

Regards Robert

Walktall

Hi Kockie69,

I got it working on Samsung S7. The font size and margins need some adjustment to be aligned, so I need to spend some time on that.

Gaan u wel.
Marius.

frumpy

Quote from: Kockie69 on Tue,  4 Apr 2017 21:35
It is a long time ago that I last looked at the code and I don't have access to PSX from where I am at the moment. I can't promise anything but I will have a look as soon as I have the chance. But to be honest, this won't be within a couple of weeks.

Robert, I appreciate any work on it! Take your time.

As far as config goes: I entered 192.168.56.1 as host setting, 10747 as port and left CDU.
Tab is connected to WLAN. I use a modem and a router, PSX is on the router with the WLAN.
I dont see any connection, its all black.
Any advise?

Thanks!

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Frumpy,

is your PSX active as a server? I.e. on the Network > Main page does the "Last event" line indicate "Started listening for clients"? And do other add-ons work with PSX?

The "Simulator start" features on the Preferences > Basics page are only executed during PSX start. These checkboxes say nothing about the actual network status. E.g. a PSX server start may fail if another PSX server is already running at the same address.

Regards,

|-|ardy

frumpy

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Wed,  5 Apr 2017 15:11
is your PSX active as a server? I.e. on the Network > Main page does the "Last event" line indicate "Started listening for clients"? And do other add-ons work with PSX?

Hi Hardy,

yes, it is acting as a server.
Running one instance, it says "Started listening for clients". Running two instances, it
says "Client 1 accepted".
I tried to connect a P3D scenery generator a while ago, but never got it running. Besides
that, I did not try any other add-ons.

Thanks,

Olli

Kockie69

Olli, is it possible for you to install a client on your device to check if you can connect to the server. I am sorry I can't give you the details but I remember that I installed an app at the time I was developing with which I was able to ping to the psx server. That may help to make sure your device can actually reach the server.

Regards Robert

Hessel Oosten

Olli,

Robert advised me, when I installed it, an app called: Ping tools.

Hessel

frumpy

Thanks guys, I've got it running! :) Nice one!

I think all settings need some value to it (even if its way off) just to
start the app.

Still needs some improvement and it seems to have a personality to it.
I was able to ping, using the ping tool. However, it only seems to work
in 20% of the cases when starting up. I'll explore, when I have more time.

Basic settings for Asus Memopad 7: Top 78; Left 187; Font 22; Line 6

Kockie69

Ok great to hear. I always wanted it to be much more advanced, in a way you don't have to do all the manual configuration despite the resolution and sizes of the device but that will take too much time.
I will create a git project somewhere these weeks so others can pickup the programming too.
By the way, I created a similar program for the audio panel. If anyone is interested I can publish that one too.

Robert