News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

OEM throttle quadrant

Started by Christo van der Loo, Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:00

Christo van der Loo

Hello everyone!

I need some help from the pro's please.

My OEM throttle quadrant arrived recently. I also bought a couple of SimStack boards.

My first step in this new project is to get the fuel control, stab cut out and alt stab trim switches hooked up and working.

Does anybody know where I can get a B744 AMM or some sort of documentation detailing the wiring in the quadrant?

Thank you
Regards
Chris

emerydc8

Balt

Hi there, I'd be very interested in this documentation as well if anyone can share?

Cheers

- Balt

glennstevens

I'm doing the same and find that the fuel control switches for engines 1 and 2 seem to be connected somehow.  I have got 3 and 4 working fine but switch 2 conditions whether 1 works and does not control engine 2 at all.  There seems to be something connecting the wiring in the OEM hardware.  Have you experienced that?

farrokh747

hi glenn - can you help us with the jack/plug numbers youre working with? There should be a yellow tag/label on the harness...

cheers,

fc

glennstevens

thanks
It turns out that it was a problem in the board to which I have connected the wiring.   
Each of the round connectors has 13 wires and using no 6 as the ground and 7 as the input is working ok.  Discovered by trial and error...a long process. 
Once I understood the problem was in the board I have managed to work around so all 4 switches are working ok.  Some day I may try to get the fire alarm lights in the switches to light up - but that is a long time away.
Thanks for your help
Cheers

Glenn

B747-400

Hi,

Chris and Glenn, PM sent!

Cheers
Hans