News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Rotate PSX screen output

Started by Tom_Borkert, Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:47

Tom_Borkert

Hello,

will it be possible to rotate the PSX-screen-output? In my 744 FDS cockpit my lower EICAS monitor (10,4") doesn't fit because it is 2 millimetres to wide. The last chance for me was to rotate it 90 degrees. The Project Magenta software, which I am using right now, is able to rotate their screen outputs 90 degree wise. Is that possible with PSX too? That would be great...

Cheers
Tom

martin

Hello,

if you want to rotate the whole screenful, your graphics card may already do the job. I have an ATI Radeon X800 GTO (with Omega drivers), and an NVidia 7900GTX (both under Win XP), and they both have settings for display rotation in 90° steps.
(Either under Desktop >  Display Properties > Settings > Advanced; or in some card specific "control center").

Rotating just a sub-area of the screen is of course an entirely different matter. But I wouldn't be surprised if there is stuff available to do even that, at a very low level and not bothering at all about applications (compare e.g. the various programs to magnify parts of the screen).

Cheers,
Martin

PS. Or you could of course physically rotate the monitor, if it shows only the part in question :D

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

There for sure is software that rotates whole screens. And eh, Martin... he has rotated his monitor :)

martin

Hardy Heinlin

Good evening,

it would cost only one line of PSX code to rotate the entire flight deck. But it would cost a lot of work to rotate the zillions of mouse areas with it. Mouse coordinates are not integrated in general graphic transformations.

I understand that the mouse areas may not be important for cockpit builders, but I don't want to offer half finished or confusing features as much as possible, i.e. either all or nothing. The best solution is let the graphics card set the rotation.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Tom_Borkert

Hello guys,

thank you for the informations.

Cheers
Tom

Hammerstan

I note this for information only - I was unable to rotate a small resolution monitor 90 degrees via the native graphics settings.

I found and ran irotate (https://irotate.en.softonic.com/) which solved the problem.