News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

XView for MAC is here

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 28 Apr 2015 14:11

cagarini

@philmy - Congratulations!  Looks promising ;-)

vnangli

Quote from: philmw on Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:42
So, decided to have a go and program one myself....

This is not my complaint, but experience which prompted me to move away from X-Plane to generate scenery....

I would start PSX and then X Plane (Xview addon). The Xplane would freeze initially for about a couple of seconds and pick up the location/position from PSX. Its all good till this point..The problem comes when I want to shutdown the Xplane..I have always had to force exit/quit Xplane..During which my PSX performance was also being affected...

Also, given the limitation of my Curved 27" Samsung screen I really didnt see any value for my experience splitting the screen between PSX and Xplane. The experience was also disappointing when it came to "REPLAY"ing the flight in XPlane, after a successfull landing...The animations (like switching on the lights, flaps, spoilers....) would not "REPLAY" in Xplane, but would be active when the flight is live. It would only look nice from an ATC position viewing, because the actions like spoilers and reversers action would be faintly visible.

At that point (about a couple of months ago) I decided to not pair PSX and XPlane at all. I am really enjoying the PSX experience running all by itself, especially the 70+ FPS. The FPS was being affected when Xplane was running alongside...I have also been watching a lot of these Microsoft 2020 videos. I have learnt, if you are keen on how the flight looks from outside then go for the scenery generators. If the intent is to seriously be involved inside cockpit, the scenery shouldnt matter.. Otherwise, stay with PSX...And thats what I will doing for a long time to come....

Starting sometime early April, I may have practiced about 600 to 700 landings in PSX. Every landing has been very educating....Thanks to the forum here to help me
747 is not an airplane, it is a symbol of inspiration....