News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

XView for MAC is here

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 28 Apr 2015 14:11

Pierre Theillere

Hi Simon!

Thanks for the confirmation: yep, it is in that very same location... I suspect my OS to be too old maybe (Snow Leopard)... or I'll re-download it later, in case I had a glitch.
Pierre, LFPG

simbro

Another thought...  I assume you are running the 64-bit version of XPlane 10.35?
It doesn't work using the 32-bit version as far as I know!

Pierre Theillere

Hi again Simon!

Yep, X-Plane 10.35 64-bits there... so that's quite a mistery indeed! Thanks a lot for your kind suggestions.
Pierre, LFPG

mikeindevon

Hi Pierre,

Have you downloaded the one on the ftp site or the one I emailed you back along?

Mike

Pierre Theillere

Hi Mike!

It's the one from the ftp site, same size as simbro.
Pierre, LFPG

mikeindevon

Can you send me the X-Plane log file output.

Mike

Pierre Theillere

Hi Mike!

You have some mail... sorry for the delay! I found some references to XView on the log.txt that comes with my mail...
Pierre, LFPG

firstcapt

I'm trying to download xview for mac but when I try to connect to the ftp server with user and password provided it gives me a "Login authentication failed" error.

Do you know if there are new usr/pwd to access the server?

Thank you very much

JohnH

I have been running PSX on my iMac with no problems. I then downloaded the beta of X-plane 11 along with Xview for X-plane. I could never get the two programs to connect so I tried to install Xcode for Mac from the iTunes store (it's free). I then started PSX and X-plane, and after starting the boost server in PSX it worked fine, go figure. Maybe this can help others with the same problem.

John

mikeindevon

I have put the original version of mac.xpl on the server (larkshayes(dot)com).  As John says, it currently needs XCode to be installed on the Mac for it to work.  If anybody knows how to link in the required libraries into the binary so we don't need XCode, please let me know.

Mike

teeloo

Hi Mike,

thanks for the updates and uploads! Very much appreciated.

Is it correct, that the mac.xpl does not support the external lighting switches? None work here. The Win.xpl is great!

Tee

mikeindevon

Hi Tee,

I will look into it.  It should work as the code is identical to the Win version with the exception of a few OS specific mods to basic comms routines, threads etc.

Mike

teeloo

mh... can't find the problem. I do have quite a few plug-ins running. Maybe one of them interferes. I'll remover all but xview.
Keep you posted.

teeloo

Update:
No luck on shutting down all plugins. I removed all of them out of the folder except Xview obviously.
None of the lights respond to the light switches.

Anyway, the good news is that my Christmas tree lights do work among others.
Happy Holidays all!

Tee

teeloo

I tried mac.xpl on XP11.
The server and boost connection work. Which is great.
However the lights don't.
I do have xcode installed and work on OSX Sierra.

Tee

mikeindevon

Laminar Research corrected the landing lights bug in  XP11 beta 3.  mac.xpl should be ok now.  Mike

teeloo

I have quite a few problems with 11 pb3. It crashes to desktop quite often. Maybe it's because I use the demo version.
But I want to make sure all works before I buy it.

Tee

teeloo

Sooo.. after several attempts I pretty much give up on the light issue.
I can get mac.xpl xview to work on XP11 pb3. But the lights don't work, period.

Is this maybe a demo issues? I didn't buy 11 yet.

T

philmw

Is this still available?  I can't get in to the ftp site.

philmw

So, decided to have a go and program one myself.  Two versions, one that just positions the X-Plane aircraft according to whatever PSX is doing (lefthand side on the video below), the other doing the same but also controlling the aircraft whilst the 'physics engine' is running on X-Plane (righthand side on the video below).  The former is quicker, the latter affords better visuals.  Now working on getting this to interpolate better and run faster.

https://youtu.be/nfdtk_IVbGQ

(PSX running on an iMac, X-Plane on a MacBook Pro)