News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Saints and sinners

Started by Will, Fri, 22 Jan 2010 23:45

Will

For any fans of American football, the New Orleans Saints are playing the Minnesota Vikings for the NFC championship game on Sunday night at 23:40 Zulu, 17:40 local.  It's going to be an excellent game!  (Go Saints!)
Will /Chicago /USA

John Davis PC

Is that the game for those who are scared to Play Rugby ? .... the one where they have Helmets and body armour ? .... might as well go on in a Tank :)

Enjoy the Game mate :)

Xheers  PC

Shiv Mathur

Haha !  
Reminds me of the 'Notice of Revocation of Independence' purportedly
written by John Cleese.  Part of which ran:

" ... The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders may have noticed that no one else plays American football. You will no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football. Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies). ..."

Hilarious !

Shiv

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Shiv Mathur(which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds ..."
:-)

Sometimes, when I zap through the channels and see a "football" game, I stay for a minute. But whenever I'm watching, they are not playing!

|-|

Will

Ha!  Funny responses.  I love good sports, and soccer is no exception.  I was one of a few kids at my medical school who showed up at the Students' Lounge at 4:00 a.m. to watch world cup games from 2002... (The South Korea time difference was a killer.)  And American football really is a game for people with short attention spans, I can't argue that!  But as far as ridiculous sports go, John, what about cricket?  Now THAT's a bizarre sport.  As far as i can tell, the main purpose is to try and avoid spilling your cup of Earl Gray on your clean white three-piece suit, whilst standing around on some grass for about ten days, chatting with your mates.  Oh, and yes, about every other day someone scores a point by lobbing a ball at some tiny sticks.  Where's the sense in that? (grin)
Will /Chicago /USA

Hardy Heinlin

Re ridiculous sports: What about those folks who sit in the stadion for hours, then suddenly start running and jump into a sandbox? How fascinating is that?

!-!

John Golin

Australia thumped Pakistan in the one day cricket last night in Sydney. :)
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

John Davis PC

LOL  Dont ask me about any Sport Will .... The comments on my School Report from my P.E. teacher said it all ... "john Shows no interest in Sport at all ... he can generally be found in the centre of the pitch talking to whoever passes"  

Still feel the same about most of it, I never understood Cricket and found it particularly boring :)

Cheers  PC

Zinger

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinSometimes, when I zap through the channels and see a "football" game, I stay for a minute. But whenever I'm watching, they are not playing!

|-|
When I moved to the US a long time ago for a few years, a friend handed me a small page listing American Football rules, and two weeks therefater invited me to a Redskins game at RFK Stadium against the Dallas Cowboys. When he started living with a local lady, they applied to join their separate seats together, which took seven years to fulfill, indicatiing it is always a full house.
I found the game to be the most intelligent, advanced and exciting team game in sports, although played in the cold season and lasting 3 hours.
Regards, Zinger

Jeroen D

I don't know much about American Football, haven't seen a game since I arrived here in Kansas City August last.
 I'll be making up for it though. We're flying down to Miami this Friday and on Sunday we'll be at the Superbowl!

Looking forward to it!

Jeroen

Will

AAAAGGHHHHH!!!!! You have tickets to the Super Bowl!!!!!  I wish I could go.  Make sure you enjoy it, and please root for the Saints!
Will /Chicago /USA

Shiv Mathur

Glad you got your wish, Will :D

In fact, almost the whole of the USA seemed to be rooting for the Saints.

Wonder how Hoppie enjoyed the game.

Shiv

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Shiv MathurWonder how Hoppie enjoyed the game.

You mean Hoppie-Ho or Hoppie-Dee?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

what game?

Will

Eagerly awaiting a report from Hoppie-Dee.
Will /Chicago /USA

Shiv Mathur

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwerswhat game?

You know, the one where the fellow who scores a touchdown
has his helmet beaten in by his team-mates.

John Davis PC

It was Will who made the original post Shiv not Hoppie :)

Hardy Heinlin

And who made the tenth post, John? :-)

John Davis PC

Rats ... too many people with the same name around here !  LOL

Shiv Mathur

yeah, my mistake ... sorry  :roll: