News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PDF SOP 747-400

Started by double-alpha, Sat, 4 Apr 2015 06:55

double-alpha

Hi everybody.

I would like to share a pdf I wrote myself if it can help some of you who are not familiar with 747 normal procedures (for the first times that you use the wonderful PSX simulator...).
SOP should be easier to learn.

New update (version 1.7, 19/12/2015) :

QuoteThe FSMC closes crossfeed valves 2 and 3 (before takeoff) only when the aircraft is on the ground and the flaps are at takeoff position (10 or 20) for 40 sec.
I changed the presentation

QuoteYou also may want to mention pilots may get >FUEL LOW CTR L/R or >FUEL LO STAB L/R during step climb (pitch >5°) and after leveling off the >FUEL OVD CTR L/R and >FUEL PMP STB L/R messages (to switch them back ON)
I added a paragraph

PDF :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzjkaf33a124b0v/747_SOP7.pdf?dl=0

DOCX :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq1ldn2gzq45b2d/747_SOP7.docx?dl=0

You can download a PDF file of my "visual" keyboard summary : it could be helpful if you use keyboard only for your first flights.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rgv0mobp9xfmv8/psx_keyboard.pdf?dl=0

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

I think it looks very good.

Thank you for your contribution! :-)

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Frans Spruit

Hi,

This is very helpful for an amateur pilot like me.
Thank you very much.

Frans

Keith Maton

Oh this is very useful, thank you.

GodAtum

ndumbane

Merci beaucoup !!!!!!

jtsjc1

Great work thank you!  :D
Joe

tango4

Thanks a lot, much more readable than the FCOM version !
Very nice work.

Mundyas

This is great. Thanks so much.

Phil Bunch

Thank you very much for this helpful document.  It nicely fills the gap between massive fully detailed manuals and simple checklists.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

cagarini

Was really looking after something like this!

GREAT!

THANK YOU!

Hardy Heinlin

A little remark on page 43 & 47:

You should disengage the A/P with a double-push on the A/P disconnect switch on the yoke (or on the A key). Don't pull down the disconnect bar on the MCP. Also, that won't silence the disconnect alert.

The same with the A/T ARM switch. Turn it back up to ARM, or just double-push an A/T disconnect switch on the throttles (or double-push the page-up key).

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Simicro

I own PSX since last october but have only "played around" with it. I haven't had the opportunity yet to make a whole fligth for 3 reasons:
- lack of time
- wife
- lack of a tutorial like this one!

Very valuable document. I appreciate the fact it covers all phases of flight, the screenshots and the comments.

A big thank you mate!!!

Hardy, I suggest to move this post in the Tutorials forum to make it clearly visible.
- Tony -

* Aerowinx PSX, PFPX, TOPCAT, PMDG 777 (FSX)
* i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz 4 Core - MSI Z87-G43 Gaming - 8 Gb DDR3 - GeForce GTX 770 2 Gb
* SSD 256 Gb - iiyama 1920 x 1080 - Win 7 64 bits

double-alpha

Hi

Ok HH you are right (I am sorry) but actually i took a sceenshot of the AP disconnect bar because I didn't have a picture of the switch on the yoke.
And I did the same mistake with the A/T on the throttle...
I am very busy and I will try to update, and I am going to upload the docx files so as to anyone could add some modifications or their own comments.

Regards

Adrien

John H Watson

Just a few comments, Adrien...

How did you get the door lock switch to stay in the UNLKD position? :P

On the PRELIMINARY COCKPIT PREPARATION, could you explain why you set the Inboard CRT selector to EICAS. Thanks

In the FINAL COCKPIT PREPARATION, you set the MCP speed to V2+10. Is this a company option? If you did this, on takeoff, the Flight Director would aim for V2+10 plus 10 = V2+20.

During takeoff, the Upper EICAS shows CON IGNITION ON. Did I miss a step?

Thanks for the SOP. I can see you put a lot of effort into it  8)

Rgds
JHW

double-alpha

Thank you for your comments,

I am not an expert like BRITJET  :roll: ! My goal was only to give a little help for the first flights...

On the PRELIMINARY COCKPIT PREPARATION, the inboard CRT selector is set to EICAS if NO EXT POWER AVAIL (= you have to start APU) :
Your ND becomes secondary EICAS.
You have also to push EICAS STATUS.
You can check voltages amperages and charge status of main and APU batteries before start APU.
You can then check APU indications (EGT, N1, N2) before APU GEN comes to AVAIL (even if it is blank during the beginning of APU start).

MCP speed set to V2+10 : you are right and I updated.

During takeoff, the Upper EICAS shows CON IGNITION ON : disregard (I took screenshots from various flights...)

Hardy Heinlein, I used your operation manual to have a picture of the yoke (A/P disengage switch)....

I share in addition a DOCX version so that everybody can download and edit it easily to add a modification, a comment.

Regards

Adrien

double-alpha

double-alpha

Docx version so that you can edit for yourself:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bik6juircxfoho1/747_sop2.docx?dl=0

funkyhut

Thank you. Awesome!
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: John H WatsonIn the FINAL COCKPIT PREPARATION, you set the MCP speed to V2+10. Is this a company option? If you did this, on takeoff, the Flight Director would aim for V2+10 plus 10 = V2+20.
I think Lufthansa did this for a while, some years ago. Why should TOGA use the MCP SPD to determine V2? As far as I recall, the AFDS gets V2 from the FMC, not from the MCP. The AFDS also records the IAS during rotation when passing 2° pitch attitude; I think that is used when there is no valid V2 data from the FMC. The AFDS TOGA mode then adds 10 to 25 as per timer logic and current airspeed. And when VNAV engages, the MCP SPD is blank anyway.

Cheers,

|-|ardy