News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX BACARS - V4.0.9

Started by Gary Oliver, Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:44

Markus Vitzethum

Well done ...

Looks like very little is missing ... I just notice CAO (Air China Cargo), CKK (China Airlines Cargo) and QTR (Qatar Cargo). And possibly CMB (Air Mobility), UAE (Emirates Cargo) and THY (Turkish Cargo) using leased airframes but their own callsign.
And STV / Stevens, of course :-)

Markus

G-CIVA

Quote from: Markus Vitzethum on Mon, 14 Jan 2019 08:37
Well done ...

Looks like very little is missing ... I just notice CAO (Air China Cargo), CKK (China Airlines Cargo) and QTR (Qatar Cargo). And possibly CMB (Air Mobility), UAE (Emirates Cargo) and THY (Turkish Cargo) using leased airframes but their own callsign.

Air China Cargo - edited.

China Cargo Airlines CKK CK - added.

QTR - do not operate the 744, only a single 748F.

CMB - (US Air Mobility Command) - Usually flown by US carriers under contract i.e. GTI, CKS etc so would retain actual company ACARS identity.

THY - Turkish Cargo - Operated by ACT Airlines on behalf of Saudi Arabian Airlines but sometimes do operate on behalf of Turkish Airlines under the Callsign 'CARGOTURK'.

UAE - The former TNT 744 OO-THC was returned to ASL Airlines in 2017 & is now flying as B-1340 for Suparna Airlines.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Hardy Heinlin

Re "Cargo Airlines": I think the official name is "CAL Cargo Airlines".

|-|

G-CIVA

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Mon, 14 Jan 2019 16:03
Re "Cargo Airlines": I think the official name is "CAL Cargo Airlines".

List edited - thanks Hardy  :D
Steve Bell
aka The CC

torrence

Re: Units text in BACARS Loadsheet header

Hi Gary,

Was switching from BA based based flight to UAL the other day (looking at simulating that UAL flight the other day that ended on the tarmac at Goose Bay) and noticed that when I set up the Dispatch default options for a UAL flight with weights in LB, that Loadsheet came out with the correct lb numbers alright but still has "ALL WEIGHTS IN KILOGRAMS" in the header text.  I guess old Wayne doesn't check metric conversions ...

The UAL OFP numbers are also OK (lb) but this format doesn't seem to actually specify units anywhere as far as I can tell.  Still learning my way around the various new flight plan formatting options for Dispatch.

Cheers,
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

Gary Oliver

Torrence,

I shall had a word with Richard, Wayne, Mike and co :)

I'll update that one evening this week.

Cheers
Gary

torrence

Re: Units

Quote: I shall had a word with Richard, Wayne, Mike and co :)

Don't be too hard on them.  I know a lot of British blokes who are still deeply traumatized by having to drink their pints out of glasses with 1/2 Liter Plimsoll lines - but let's not get into EU/Brexit country.  Even this friendly forum might not be able to stand it  :).

Cheers,
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

Gary Oliver

Torrence,

When I lived in Germany I loved the metric system... A 'Large Beer' converted to 1.3 Pints... Most pleasing!

Still didn't get used to km/m as a measure of distance though!

Dispatch Centre (or is that Center for UAL?) has been updated to correctly display the right unit on the load sheet.  We also recruited a few new dispatchers.  Turns out new recruit Drew Peacock is very familiar is the smaller measurements of LBS :-)

You will also notice the updates include additional changes to support the Simfest Dispatch iPad App.  Do you have an iPad?  I am looking for more testers.  (No I am not writing an Android version before anyone asks)

Cheers
G

PS: Yes last time the Simfest team discussed brexit it ended in a riot, with someone leaving the team of their own accord for absolutely no reason whatsoever :-)

PPS: Airline Updates to follow later, I want to rewrite it and also tie it in with my idea for PSX Fleet (in hommage to PS1 FlightLine)

torrence

Thanks, Gary

Re: "Centre"  Indeed US English would normally be "Center", but I can't complain, having been born in a town named "Rockville Centre" on Long Island and there are still lots of 'quaint' shops (in New England particularly) with names like Ye Olde Whatever Shoppe (although most people don't know the 'Y' is just a stand-in for a character used in Old to Middle English writing that was phonetically pronounced "Th").

Re: iPad testing - at the moment only iPhone (with a couple of good checklist apps that I use occasionally) with all main PSX computing being done with Windows based computers. Might go to iPad for standalone cockpit functions, maps, Dispatch if you develop it.  I've not been impressed by Android pads for most aviation stuff to date.

Checklist idea - I've been wondering if an AI (Alexa or Google) 'skill' or program could be developed for standardized cockpit checklists, both challenge and response.  PSX checklists read by FO are currently great, but do lack a check to see if you make the correct response - I try to verbalize these when doing a flight, but admit that if I get hurried sometimes a response will end up as 'Yeh, whatever ..." 

Cheers
Torrence

Cheers
Torrence

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: torrence on Thu, 24 Jan 2019 21:09
Checklist idea - I've been wondering if an AI (Alexa or Google) 'skill' or program could be developed for standardized cockpit checklists, both challenge and response.  PSX checklists read by FO are currently great, but do lack a check to see if you make the correct response. [...]

That would make them almost Airbus check lists... written (screen) only, but with auto-advance to the next item when the system sees you've already done it.

Hoppie

Martin Baker

Hi. I now have BACARS connected - changing the PSX server to the instance on the same PC as BACARS seemed to be the solution. However, I can't get it to connect with the flightplan I've made on the Simfest Dispatch.

Do I need PSX.NET also to make this work? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Martin

beat578

You just have to be connected. If you follow the Tutorial PDF (the let's fly section) you can see how you enter your flightnumber into acars. After submitting it, all the data will be downloaded automatically.

Martin Baker

Quote from: beat578 on Thu,  7 Feb 2019 12:19
You just have to be connected. If you follow the Tutorial PDF (the let's fly section) you can see how you enter your flightnumber into acars. After submitting it, all the data will be downloaded automatically.

Thanks - on the 2nd flight I tried it worked, and I got IOIO details too - what a great add-on!!!!

beat578

Dear Gary
Another silly Question: I just studied the Simbrief tutorials and also the Flightplan explanation. Finally I start to be able to read it.
I see that your Site connects to Simbrief for calculation of flightplans. Is it possible to Do it the other way round as well? I mean: Can I import flightplans created in Simbrief (or what would be amazing, created with steven Bells Files in PFPX) into your system, so they can be used with BACARS? Or can BACARS exclusively use the files created in PSXDispatch?
I don't get all the connections into my brain yet. There are so many great tools out there, but I still have a bit troubles to see what goes with what and where to put things...

Thanks a lot! Kind Regards
Beat LSZH

PS: On the BACARS Homepage, the Link still points to the 4.04 BACARS Version, not the newest one.

Toga

Is it possible for BACARS to use the ATC function on the FMC for CPDLC on VATSIM?

Gary Oliver

Toga,

We dont support any of the CPDLC functions via BACARS.  I understand Chris Collins would looking at a CPDLC plug in for PSX.

Cheers
G

Toga

Bacars seems to send psx into spasms on my system. Interferes with the Vnav, wind uplinks and makes weird things happen. Is this a known phenomenon?

Gary Oliver

Toga,

Not at all, not reported by anybody so far, and we have had it running for over 1500 hours in our own simulator with no issues.

It will correct a wind uplink by taking the data from your flight plan generated on simfest dispatch with those requested.  Obviously for this to work you will need to be running some kind of real weather addon.

I would offer an option to turn the wind uplink, but with Hardys wind corridor feature coming in the future I dont really want to spend any time on that feature.

Have you see the dispatch tutorial video?  Hopefully it will explain how BACARS is intended to be used in a flight.

What other weird things are happening?  Are you running any other addons with it that we arn't? 

Cheers
G

Toga

Yeah I didn't suspect there were any issues as i've seen you guys using it frequently.
I'm using it with xview, perhaps thats where the problem lies. I'll have to do further testing to see whats causing the issues. I'll report back with something useful!

Gary Oliver

Toga,

Send me a mail to goliver one nine eight four [at] gmail.com and we can talk via something more real time to get this sorted.

Cheers
G