News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX BACARS - V4.0.9

Started by Gary Oliver, Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:44

GodAtum

Hi all, with v 4.0.5 and PSX Dispatch, it won't download the route file when pressing INIT DATA REQ. The ROUTE and PLAN status is red. Route location is C:\PSX\Aerowinx\Routes Not sure where the logs are?

torrence

Error in Schedule Display in Dispatch Center when STA time is after midnight UTC

Noticed this since I fly a lot of afternoon flights with West coast USA departures which take off before 0000 UTC and land after.

eg.

KLAX    Los Angeles   KDEN   Denver   STD 2230   STA 0029   Total Time 2201

As far as I can tell this doesn't affect any of the actual times used for the flight plan - just the Schedule Board display.

Cheers,
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

fujiwaranaoya

Hi GodAtum,

I had the same trouble.  The problem was the different Email address on PSX BACARS.  It seems that it must be the same as the login Email address of Simfest Dispatch.  Correct it on PSX BACARS, quit, restart, then it worked.

My PSX BACARS is V4.0.5.

Cheers,

Naoya,

Gary Oliver

New Update of BACARS Here:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wezev10qa4achsi/PSX%20BACARSV4.0.9.msi?dl=0

V4.0.9
======
-Fixed Line Spacing on ACARS Messages sent via the dialog in BACARS
-Updated PSX Dispatch Schedule to work with flights that cross midnight UTC
-Updated CPDLC for more error checking and to use correct message types and ID's

V4.0.8
======
-Ability to Acknowledge PDC Requests that come in from VATSIM
-VATSIM PDC Format updated slightly to be 100% compatable with the vSMR plugin
-PDC Simulation is now turned off by default, turn it on in the config file if you require it
-Further Updates to ACARS Message Handling

V4.0.7
======
-Internal Changes

V4.0.6
======
-Resolved Issue With ACARS Chime Only Working on first ACARS message Received by BACARS
-ACARS Chime will now chime when using the TELEX message send feature.
-Telex Send now shows as a saved uplink and is handled like a normal ACARS message

V4.0.5
======
-Fixed bug with PSX ZFW varying wildly after start
-Final Loadsheet MACTOW now correct even if using an uplink of crew data
-Fixed no loadsheet if FOB not entered on ACARS Page
-FOB Figure now overrides Prefuel value so you can add to flightplan fuel and then prefuel it pressing 'ready to board'

Captain_Crow

Hi,

on my side the following problem:
On the Simfest UK site I set up the 744, but on the advanced FLT Plan options the amount of cargo is maximum 39 tons, which reminds me an the 737.
Did I missed something there ?
Thx for 4.0.9!
Best
Steffen

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

You forgot the mandatory beer load?

Hoppie

Gary Oliver

Stefan,

Bare in mind my 744 model is a 744 Lite model with the reduced MTOW and no Stab Tank at the moment.  I will add the proper full size 744 in the next few days when we agree my logic for the rest is correct.

Using the example

FROM/TO  FLIGHT     A/C REG    VERSION        CREW   DATE TIME
AMS LHR  BAW9207    GBNLL      14F86J30W145M  3/8    27AUG18

WEIGHT              DISTRIBUTION
LOAD IN COMPARTMENTS    35583

PAX  CABIN/BAG  EST     28585 137/110/11/3 TTL 261
                         PAX 11/83/26/154
                         BLKD 0

TOTAL TRAFFIC LOAD EST 64168
DRY OPERATING WEIGHT 176901
ZERO FUEL WEIGHT   EST 247208 MAX 251743

I use the following Logic...

If PAX and CARGO are both AUTO it will select a random number of PAX between 0 and 275 (note this is a super hi J BA config) and then the cargo will be between 0 and 35 tonnes.

You can then override either figures individually or at the same time.  Note that changing the PAX increases the ZFW and the cargo figures are added to that.

I was guessing with the weight of the pax and their bags a 744 would be able to carry about 35 tonnes of Cargo above the weight from the passengers?  However with Max ZFW at 251 on the Lite 744 you are right you cannot get to MAX ZFW.

What do we think a sensible value is?

Also on my todo list is to fix the Trip and Takeoff Fuel values which are currently the same on the loadsheet, although the weights do add up.

Captain_Crow

Hi Gary,

thanks for the explanation. Now I understood.
And Thank You for all this cool stuff !!

Best wishes
Steffen

RogerH

Hi Gary,

Learning my way along with BACARS - I've upgraded to V4.0.9 (but had the same trouble in previous version).

Everything on the main ACARS window is green, apart from the actual ACARS button - it's red with a message ACARS:Failed.

I can type myself a message which happily comes out of the printer, but the button remains red.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Roger.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Does BACARS sit on top of my message queue?
If so, did you register a logon code and is it still valid?

http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/register.html

Hoppie

RogerH

Hiya - I don't have a login for your system - thought it was optional?

Edit: Just created one and now I have a blue button and the message: ACARS:Idle

Yay! All green after creating flight plan and downloading it - thanks Hoppie. RTFM as usual... :-)

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

RogerH

Did a training flight from EGKK to EGLL - remembered to do pretty much everything (especially to connect the APU before stopping the engines (oh yes!).

Pressed 'send' on the ACARS and it's just stuck on 'sending...' - been like it for 15mins.

It prints ok - I have a printout in my hand, for posterity, but no luck with sending the report - still stuck on 'sending...' as I write.

I really have read the manual this time, honest!

I'll hate myself when you tell me what I'm doing wrong, but i just can't see it.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Roger.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

BAW1403 correctly sent a few messages, but BAW never picked them up. Your side seems OK.

http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/log.html

Hoppie

RogerH

Thanks for the info Hoppie - weird.

At least there's a record _somewhere_ of my first successful PSX flight.

So if your server has picked up the PIREP, does that mean that when BAW wakes up it'll go automatically from you?

I guess what I want to know is, should i continue to wait with the ACARS saying 'sending...', in the hope that it'll eventually be recorded in my OOOI, or am I wasting my time?

M*A*S*H is on the telly and I want to go and watch it, lol! ;-)

Hardy Heinlin

By the way ... a little cosmetic hint for the BACARS coders:

Quote from: http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/message.html?msgid=2080816
Nose Wheel FPM:71
Main Gear FPM:494
CentreLine Offset:-36
Threshold Dist:2338
TouchDown Pitch:2.3
TouchDown Bank:0.0
TouchDown Crab:0.6
Dev From VREF4

"Dev From VREF" is actually deviation from the speed bug -- which is usually set to VREF + 5 or higher.

VREF + 4 wouldn't be nice. The above quote is actually speed bug + 4 which is nice. Allowed tolerance is 0..5 kt.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

RogerH

If only my landing fpm were acceptable too...

Oh, actually had a look at the Simfest figures - not too bad after all.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: RogerH on Sun,  9 Sep 2018 21:19
At least there's a record _somewhere_ of my first successful PSX flight.
Yes but it only lasts 24 hours!

So if your server has picked up the PIREP, does that mean that when BAW wakes up it'll go automatically from you?
Yes. Look at some messages in the queue: they all have a Received time, but not all have a Relayed time. When Relayed, the intended receiver has picked them up.

I guess what I want to know is, should i continue to wait with the ACARS saying 'sending...', in the hope that it'll eventually be recorded in my OOOI, or am I wasting my time?
I guess that the BACARS program in some way was unsure whether the queue got the message. ACARS does not wait until the intended receiver acks the message by returning another message. The acking is done invisibly to the pilots. In my simulated system, by some "ok" return over the same TCP socket (web HTTP transaction). In the real ACARS system the ack return is really a separate block, thus message, but pilots don't see it.

My real SATCOM box shows this kind of block exchange if you next-page into the technical stuff. It's a great help to debug an aircraft... you can really see a lot of stupidity by just following the block exchanges. Some can be fixed by updating Iridium provisioning, others by towing the aircraft out of the hangar, yet others by registering the SIM card... endless problems...

However, pilots write up "NO DATALINK" instead of using their phone to craft a 10-second video of the tech page and solving the mystery instantly... then ground techs hit the LINK TEST button, which says PASSED after 15 seconds, then write up "NO FAULT FOUND, AIRCRAFT RELEASED BACK TO SERVICE."

And then the e-mailing starts   :-)

Hoppie

RogerH

RogerH

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for such a brilliant simulaotr and all the addons - they're great and I'm learning a lot!

But I still have a problem with BACARS.

Despite several attempts, I can't get it to record my flight at the Simfest Dispatch Centre.

I have green in all boxes in the BACARS GUI and can download the route etc. at the beginning of the flight. But when I come to send the report I get stuck. I fill in my name as ROGER in LDG PILOT then press SEND. The scratchpad says 'SENDING...' but just stays like that indefinitely.

I can 'print' the report and get my virtual piece of paper from the printer, so it seems the flight has been recorded, but no joy actually sending it to BACARS and it remains stubbornly absent from the OOOI page.

I've had a look at the log on Hoppie's ACARS network page, and it says the flight has been relayed, eg:

Msg#    From     To           Type             Received    Relayed
2083567    BA1450    BAW    telex    16-16:46Z    16-16:46Z
2083566    BA1450    BAW    telex    16-16:43Z    16-16:43Z
2083565    BA1450    BAW    progress    16-16:43Z    16-16:43Z

But it's not appearing in my OOOI section. Is there just a time I have to wait before it appears?

Hoping you can help.

Thanks,

Roger.