Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:
Precision Simulator update 10.129 (11 November 2020) is now available.
Aerowinx NG FMC and More is now released.

Author Topic: PSXonMCP2 - Interface for VRinsight MCP2 Boeing  (Read 25021 times)

brian747

Re: PSXonMCP2 - Interface for VRinsight MCP2 Boeing
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 12:57 »
Hi Craig!

Yup, that looks OK (localhost should be fine — providing that you're running on the same machine, obviously).   

Well, that only leaves two possibilities that I can think of:

1. On your PSX Preferences | Basics page, under "Main network" have you got the right IP address, and is the radio button for port 10747 selected?

2. The PSXonMCP2 documentation mentions (but doesn't go into any detail about) the fact that you need "USB-to-Serial Drivers provided by VRinsight". Have you visited the VRinsight download page http://www.vrinsight.com/devel_shot/index.html and downloaded and installed the "USB-to-Serial Driver Software" (near the bottom of the page)?

If you haven't installed the driver, then that might be why you can't see a COM3...?   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But if you've covered both of those bases, then I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid....     

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

PilotUnaware - BAW17H

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 13:32 »
Hi Brain!

Thanks for you help!

What I found it to be was that I had plugged this in at the Flight Sim Show on sunday to test, and then once I got my PC home and setup properly I had plugged it into a different slot, so winodws was detecting 2 of them (1 hidden in the ports, which turned out to be the COM3 port) so deleted them both and then plugged the MCP back in and now it works like a charm.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Craig

brian747

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 13:37 »
    My pleasure: I'm glad you got it working.

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Berndo

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 15:13 »
Big thank you to Brian who helped Craig get it working before I even had time to read the new posts!  :)

Cheers,
Bernd

brian747

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 08:51 »

Actually, Bernd, it's huge thanks to you for your terrific and reliable software!     

Cheers,

Brian