News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Training videos

Started by Britjet, Tue, 3 Feb 2015 17:23

Britjet

double-alpha

Thank you Peter, but I am sorry I don't have your email so I suggest you to send me an email (you may click below my picture) and then I could reply!

Best regards

Britjet

double-alpha

cagarini

Quote from: Double-alpha on Mon, 18 Feb 2019 10:34
Copied , thank you

Double Alfa,

would like get in touch. Could you please send email?

discuscx [] g..ail [dot] com

Thx!

RogerH

Hi Peter,

Am trying the first exercise - changing runways on approach.

I've been through your video and made notes. All is well until I try to select the new ILS approach in the FMS - I select ILS27R. The ND updates with the new information, but the NAV radios don't update - I still have the freq. for ILS27L in there.

I've been trying to figure it out but cannot get it to work. Probably something simple but I can't for the life of me get it. Here's what I do:

I'm at 2500ft, established on the localiser for 27L, on the G/S with 'APP' selected in the MCP.

Preset HDG to 300
Select DEP/ARR page
Gear down
ALT SEL up and out of the way to 3000
Both FDs off (PNF's is set automatically as per 'silent tasks' in Situation/Human/Pilot page)
AP disconnected (press A twice)
FDs back on (as per above, PNF's is set automatically)
AP reconnected (HDG HOLD and V/S annunciated)
Press HDG SEL
FMS - press L4 for ILS27R
Press EXEC once lit

At this point the ND updates to show ILS27R, but the freq. in the NAVRAD page is still on ILS27L. If I update it manually, all goes well -

Adjust V/S if nec.
Arm LOC once new ILS identified
Select landing flap
Speed to flap bug or approach ref + 5
Arm APP once LOC active
Reset ALT SEL to TOGA value
Checklist

I then proceed to the usual controlled crash.

But I can't get it to update to the new ILS freq. automatically.

I'll wager a large G&T I'm doing something daft but what am I missing?

Thanks,

Roger.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Roger,

if your ILS has been manually tuned (check for "M" suffix) it won't autotune for the new selected approach. First return to the autotuning mode by deleting the manual entry with the DEL key.

Regards,

|-|ardy

RogerH

Thanks Hardy - that did it! Took me a minute to figure I had to disengage APP and go back to HDG SEL and another pitch mode, but after that it went great - funny how one doesn't notice these small things, like a little 'M' after the entry in the NAVRAD page!

RogerH

Just had a couple of go's at it - set myself up a situation on approach to EGLL. Took a few tries at that to get everything properly configured (still have to remember to advance the checklist to the appropriate phase1).

Great fun and very rewarding after a few practice tries to get the sequence of actions right and a successful outcome!

Thanks Peter and Hardy for the tutorial and the help :-)

Cheers,

Roger.

Britjet

Hi Roger
Sorry - I've only just seen this - glad you figured it out - it's only an exercise in control of the automatics really - when all else fails just point it at the runway!
Cheers,
Peter

RogerH

Heh! Thanks Peter - Yep, using the tutorial as intended getting myself more familiar with the electronics. Great stuff. Also useful for learning about situation files etc.

eholck

Thanks a million !! Great fun and super interesting!

Will

Hi Peter,

Any plans to make these training videos public again?

Thanks,

Will

Will /Chicago /USA

Britjet

Hi Will,

Not particularly. I think they are still accessible via the links herein?
Peter

double-alpha

Hi Peter,

I 've just tried to take a look at your VDOs, no joy...

Will

When I click the links, they say "Video unavailable. This video is private."

Maybe YouTube reset your preferences, Peter?
Will /Chicago /USA

asboyd

36 - 38 are still public.... maybe youtube change the category after a certain period of time.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Britjet

They changed the way the private category worked a couple of months ago. I was waiting to see if I was affected. It looks like I will have to change them to Public, but it might take a few days.
Thanks for the heads-ip.
Peter

Will

Thanks, Peter. No rush. I discovered this when I went to refresh my memory about non-precision approaches using VNAV...
Will /Chicago /USA

Britjet

All training videos are now available again. I've returned them to "unlisted" status instead of "Public'.
I think I may need to watch some myself!
Peter