News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Training videos

Started by Britjet, Tue, 3 Feb 2015 17:23

FLY744F

Hi Peter

1st off I like to say great videos really helped me out. A questions about BA procedures. We're these procedure in your cold dark video before BA started following boeing SOP's?

Thanks again

Britjet

Thanks for the kind comments.
Yes, they were based on the Boeing procedures. A couple of small changes have taken place since then but they are not significant.

Peter

Britjet

To all,

I think it us time that I let you know that I don't expect to be producing more videos until the autumn.
Each video takes me a complete day or more to produce and I'm afraid I can't justify locking myself away in a darkened room as the summer progresses - there are too many domestic jobs demanding my attention!

I did have a video partly completed on diverting into alternate airports but I decided to shelve it as I realised that to make any use of it you needed to be using a scenery generator, which is not the heart of PSX. I do have some other ideas but I'm afraid they will have to wait.

If anyone would like to have a go at making a video themselves then please go ahead - I don't have the monopoly on this!

If it helps in the meantime, would releasing again my guidance notes and situs for last year's Simfestuk round-the-world flight appease?

Regards to all,

Peter

Tord Hoppe

BOOO!

Just kidding, real life and the enjoyment of it always comes first! You´ve already  given us so much insight into the handling and intricacies (sp?) of the B744. Enjoy summer and charge your batteries for, hopefully, more fascinating subjects to come. :)  O7

neilnicholson

Thank you for all the great videos, they have helped a lot with the steep learning curve of PSX.

tango4

Hi Peter,
A break is more than deserved.
Even though I did not finish watching all your videos (I am learning the Q400 using Airline2Sim at the moment), all those I watched were VERY interesting and you definitely know how to teach complex things in a simple way !
Your efforts are really appreciated, and I can only imagine the work they require.

Just wanted to let you know that your contributions to this forum (I mean apart from those videos) are also a golden mine of knowledge for guys like me. So really a huge thank you for all of that.

Charles

Britjet

Britjet

Here is my "Route Guidance Manual" for last year's SimFestUK round-the-world charity flight.
It includes Situs for every sector which should be "ready-to-go".
I hope that you find them useful.
SimfestUK will be doing another 7-day round-the-world adventure this November, again in aid of charity.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9gok6yc0q1qo6i/WF%202015%20situ%20and%20RGM.zip?dl=0

Cheers all,

Peter

Will

Thanks, Peter. Now go enjoy some sun and a well-earned break!
Will /Chicago /USA

cavaricooper

Peter-

Have one (or several) for me... see you when you're back from the sun! Just remember to tan evenly ;)

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

torrence

Great continuing work, Peter

I'm now interested also in occasional questions related to the Tutorials and general best practices.  When you can take a break from picking the umbrellas out of your drinks.  Current one is: how to respond best to a TCAS alert on climb-out, cruise, descent, etc.

Best wishes
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

B747-400

Thanks a lot for sharing, Peter!

Enjoy your breake  8)

Cheers
Hans

Britjet

It's been a while but..
New video uploaded. "Landing Runway Considerations".
I hope that you find it useful!

See page 1 of this thread for the link..

Peter

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Peter,

I find it very useful.

Thank you!

|-|ardy

Jeroen D

Another great and very useful video, many thanks!

Jeroen

emerydc8

Great video, Peter. Thanks for posting. I was afraid that you might have given up on making more videos. Glad to see you haven't!

Jon D.

tango4

Did not yet  have time to watch it, but really glad to see that season 2 is live !

On a personal note, if you or Jon are looking for a topic, I'd be particularly interested in how you deal with a diversion scenario in a professional way.

As always, many thanks for sharing your work with us.

Charles

cavaricooper

Peter-

So glad to see another video from you. It is almost like having a Base Training Captain scheduling a session of ground school (and for you, like being mother at Tea no doubt).  Still, we your little ducklings, follow gladly :)

It is an enormous privilege to learn the finer nuances of 744 ops- ta!

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

jtsjc1

Thank you Peter helpful knowledge as always. I like the production too.
Joe

B747-400

Hello Peter,

thanks a lot, and great to see you back after your break!   :D

Cheers
Hans