News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

New add-on: Central Maintenance Computer for PSX (CMC-PSX)...now v1.12

Started by Avi, Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:59

Hardy Heinlin

Thank you, Avi.

What Java version does your latest CMC require? I can't load it with Java 12.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Avi

Avi Adin
LLBG

Jason M Tutwiler

Jason M. Tutwiler

Hardy Heinlin

Sorry, Avi, it was my fault; I copied it to another, incomplete CMC folder.

It's running fine now.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Avi

Avi Adin
LLBG

Bastien

Matt Sheil

Hi Avi,can you check you get the same error I am getting on both my sims, with your program running select the overhead light test and release, lights start flashing randomly. Also if you select the fuel control switches to on, the fire handle solenoids go on then off then on again. If we turn off your program all goes back to normal.
Love this program, great job
Cheers,
Matt

Avi

Hi,

At first glance I don't see anything wrong on my side.

Can you video it?

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Avi

Hi,

I took a deeper look.
CMC-PSX (aka CMC) uses hundreds of PSX variables. Indication Lights Test switch is not one of them 😊
It did in the past since it was part of Hardy's example code and it even stayed for several versions but at some point I removed it (when I added "Pause at VNAV DES").

When you set this switch to TEST, CMC (and any other add-on for that matter, you need to think about it) gets over a hundred of variables, "process" them (actually do nothing) and send them back to PSX (to make sure they are still the same in PSX).

When you switch a Fuel Control Switch to RUN (especially the first one), "big" things happen inside CMC (it is the signal for a new flight leg and there are several internal updates) but it has nothing to do with a fire handle in general or its solenoid in particular.

I really want to see what happens on your side.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Matt Sheil

Hi AVi, will be back at sim on Tuesday and will video for you and send it to you
Cheers,
Matt

Avi

Matt,

Is everything ok (because there shouldn't be any problem) or you didn't have the time to video it?

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Roddez

Quote from: Avi on Sat, 17 Oct 2020 02:15
Is everything ok (because there shouldn't be any problem) or you didn't have the time to video it?

Hi Avi,

Matt is away on holidays at the moment, but I have done some testing and dropped you an email with the information.

Cheers,

Rod.
Rodney Redwin
YSSY
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Avi

Hi,

I uploaded version 1.11

In this version:

• Bug cleared: when Indication Lights (IND LTS) switch was held at TEST for less than 2.25 sec in general and less than 0.75 sec in particular, CMC-PSX caused a "light show" in PSX (mainly in the overhead panel). You may want to test it before you download the new version 😊
• Ground Tests: AFDS / Mode Control Panel (MCP) test was modified. When LCD MCP is installed. FCC sets MCP values (speed, heading, V/S & altitude) directly and doesn't rotate knobs or the V/S wheel.

To install the new version, you just need to download the new jar file and override the old one.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Avi,

thanks for the update. I've never noticed that "light show" as I always hold the switch longer than 3 seconds :-)

Did your CMC apply a time delay before sending back Q variables?

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Avi

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 02:10
I've never noticed that "light show" as I always hold the switch longer than 3 seconds :-)

Me too 😊
This is why I said at first I don't see anything in CMC. I actually caught it by mistake.
Rodney sent me a video of the light show but it wasn't possible to see the cause of the problem in it.
I put the switch at DIM and when I wanted to switch it back to BRT, I pressed the upper side and for a split of a second it was in TEST position and then I saw it.
It was 100% coincidence.

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 02:10
Did your CMC apply a time delay before sending back Q variables?

No, of course not. Think what would have happened during CMC start or situation loading: 400 vars * .75 sec delay = 5min (and there are more than 400 vars).

It took me some time but I noticed there was a short delay (later I found it was 750ms) after getting FWD / AFT & MAIN Cargo Fire ARM switch values. When I get them, I update the Equip Cooling valves position (if needed). The reason for the delay in the method was historic and since I added it (it wasn't in v1.0), I made more modifications and it was not required anymore. It just stayed there and until now I didn't notice it caused problems.
Now it is gone.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

b744erf

Hi Avi
Sorry for my stupid question. I am new to PSX CMC. I tried to download the full package, .jar and the manual. But seems the link are out of date. Or should I use some other VPN to open it? Thank you and can't wait to try such wonderful add-on. I feel sad that I just found this now on the forum.

Regards

Jack

Avi

Hi,

Thanks for your interest.

I just checked the links and they worked (updated them only last Feb).
It didn't work when I tried "right click" and "save link as", but I selected (left click) the link and in the opened window I selected download.

Try to download first the full package and install it. When this will work, simply download (in the same way) the updated jar file and the updated user guide.

Does it work for you?

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

asboyd

I have the same issue. When google drive opens it takes a long time for the file to show and when it does you click download and get a error message saying the URL does not exist.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

If the files are not too big, and if you keep an eye on expiration, temporary storage is available at
http://www.hoppie.nl/forum/
(it's more  than 1 MB max, but don't yell that around)

b744erf

Thank you Avi
I found the reason...I am finally successfully downloaded all the files. I switched to another vpn and..DONE!

This is an amazing add-on! Cheers!