News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FiFLi add-on - First officer and Flight attendant for PSX - beta 0.77

Started by vito, Sun, 4 Jan 2015 19:22

vito

Thanks for idea Hardy :mrgreen:  !

Now, here is latest beta FiFLi 0.36, just overwrite the original jar. The wait function is now written in the way Hardy suggested.

For quick test please load again Basic 013 - Climbing to final cruise ... after situ file is loaded start FiFLi and make it active. Cruise briefing should be played AFTER the pause which is cca 15 secs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvt0tz4ii3smtn8/FiFLi.jar?dl=0

best regards

vito

HercMighty

Better, but there is a noticeable freeze to PSX. Freeze's for a few seconds, but once clears the sim comes back under user control, don't have to close your app.

vito

vito

Quote from: Jeroen HoppenbrouwersIf at all possible, it is better to design a stateless machine. Usually this can be done by building a list of permanently monitored variables, and trigger an event when a specific combination of variables and exceedances occurs, without needing to know the current state (previous trigger). This is especially helpful when the stateless machine suddenly needs to cope with a midflight situation change. A state machine now gets hopelessly confused, while a stateless machine just picks up (and may go back from "landing announcement" to "takeoff announcement").

Hoppie

Thanks for suggestions! I designed FiFLi to catch up with any flight phase, at least it should do  8) but certainly there is big room for improvements. As soon as I can I will document trigers and flight phases.

Best regards

Vito

OmniAtlas

Hi Vito,

PSX freezes shortly after the first sound trigger is played.
This is with your latest beta, 0.36.

Regards,

Ben

vito

Quote from: OmniAtlasHi Vito,

PSX freezes shortly after the first sound trigger is played.
This is with your latest beta, 0.36.

Regards,

Ben

Thanks  on your report Ben! After first freeze does it continue to work normal?

Best regards
Vito

Robert Staudinger

Hallo Vito,

I did some tests:

Flight Attendant ACTIVE

Beacon ON, Autobrakes RTO, Doors AUTO. At the same time I start the clock on the client instance.

after 60':     BRIEF1 starts and server instance freezes, Client o.k.
after 180':   BRIEF2 starts
after 270':   BRIEF3 starts and server unfreezes and client clock resets, PSX works correct now.

After t/o no announcement anymore, when commencing descent and slowing down server freezes again and stays frozen - client o.k.

I hope this helps, Robert

vito

Quote from: Robert StaudingerAfter t/o no announcement anymore, when commencing descent and slowing down server freezes again and stays frozen - client o.k.

I hope this helps, Robert

Thank you for report Robert !
What did you mean by statement above ?  Did PSX froze after you have landed and you couldn't get control of it or you mean that briefing just didn't play  ?

When climbing you must pass 20000 ft and auto brakes should be in OFF position for briefing to be played.

When descending you must pass below 10000 ft and auto brakes should be selected: 1, 2, 3, 4 or MAX for briefing to be played.

Can you please load Basic 013 - Climbing to final cruise ... after situ file is loaded start FiFLi and make it active. Cruise briefing should be played AFTER the pause which is cca 15 secs.

Thank you !

best regards

vito

vito

Here are triggers for various briefings that FiFLi can play:

doors closed, pushback and taxiout:
-> all doors must be closed,
-> autobrakes must be in RTO position
-> beacon must be on

cruise:
-> altitude must be higher than 20000 ft
-> autobrakes must be in OFF position

approach:
-> altitude must be between 3000 and 10000 ft
-> autobrakes must be in either 1, 2, 3 4 or MAX position
-> speedbrakes must be armed (this is important just for taxi in briefing not for approach briefing to be played),

taxi in:
-> flaps and speed brakes must be deplopyed
-> autobrakes must be in DISARM position
-> when you retract the speedbrake (this is the signal that we are actually of the runway) first officer will:
---> start the APU
---> turn off the landing lights
---> turn of the strobes
---> retract flaps
---> and you will hear taxi in briefing

and final actions(randomize external supplies connections) happen:
--> only if the taxi in briefing was played
--> after autobrakes are in off position
--> and doors are open

All of the above triggers are already included in standard checklists (that means they are part of the standard procedures), so if you use PSX first officer and go through them or you play from your memory you should :-) hear all of the briefings.

Best regards

vito

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Vito,

I believe these details are just side effects of another bigger, fundamental coding error somewhere in your network functions -- which freezes the server.

I would suggest to post the essential part of your code here in the forum (subforum "Networkers", that's visible only to members). Maybe some of us Java coders will help finding the error? (On the other hand, I can also understand if you want to keep it all private as your personal challenge and adventure. Just a suggestion :-))

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Robert Staudinger

Hi Vito,

thanks for your list of triggers - so I checked again.

As before between BRIEF1 and BRIEF3 PSX is frozen.

Thereafter everything is normal, BRIEF4 comes about 10sec after reaching FL200 and BRIEF5  comes 30sec after setting the autobrakes.

The taxi-in actions spool off (APU, landing lights, strobes, flaps) correct but after this, PSX is frozen for about 25sec, awakes again and BRIEF6 is playing.

I hope you are able to remove this bugs. Your add-on is very useful to simulate distractions while taxiing and flying. I suggest to include the list of triggers in your final download and maybe it is possible to connect this announcements with the setting of the audio control panel (CAB or PA).

Good luck, Robert

vito

Quote from: Robert StaudingerHi Vito,

thanks for your list of triggers - so I checked again.

As before between BRIEF1 and BRIEF3 PSX is frozen.

Thereafter everything is normal, BRIEF4 comes about 10sec after reaching FL200 and BRIEF5  comes 30sec after setting the autobrakes.

The taxi-in actions spool off (APU, landing lights, strobes, flaps) correct but after this, PSX is frozen for about 25sec, awakes again and BRIEF6 is playing.

I hope you are able to remove this bugs. Your add-on is very useful to simulate distractions while taxiing and flying. I suggest to include the list of triggers in your final download and maybe it is possible to connect this announcements with the setting of the audio control panel (CAB or PA).

Good luck, Robert

thanks it helps a lot !  :D

best regards

vito

vito

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinHi Vito,

I believe these details are just side effects of another bigger, fundamental coding error somewhere in your network functions -- which freezes the server.

I would suggest to post the essential part of your code here in the forum (subforum "Networkers", that's visible only to members). Maybe some of us Java coders will help finding the error? (On the other hand, I can also understand if you want to keep it all private as your personal challenge and adventure. Just a suggestion :-))

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Thanks Hardy, let me keep my dirty laundry just a few days more and after that ...  :D

best regards

vito

vito

Robert Staudinger

Hi Vito,

sorry to say that, the same behavior as before.

Regards, Robert

vito

Quote from: Robert StaudingerHi Vito,

sorry to say that, the same behavior as before.

Regards, Robert

Will try something else ...  ;)

best regards

vito

vito

Here is latest FiFLi beta 0.39, just overwrite the old one :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1khy0ds3z3dzxzu/FiFLi.zip?dl=0

Now it works without stutters  :D and special thanks to Robert for testing !

Best regards

vito

vito

Here is the latest version of FiFLi beta 0.40  :D :

added:
- indication of connection to PSX
- option to disable First Officer

link to FiFLi complete package:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1khy0ds3z3dzxzu/FiFLi.zip?dl=0

or just FiFLi.jar (justo overwrite old jar file):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvt0tz4ii3smtn8/FiFLi.jar?dl=0

best ragards

vito

Sylle

Hi Vito,

Did a full flight with v0.39 a few days ago and it worked flawlessly! No freezes anymore :)
Will try v0.40 very soon...

Thanks for this great addon!

Cheers,
Sylvain

vito

Quote from: SylleHi Vito,

Did a full flight with v0.39 a few days ago and it worked flawlessly! No freezes anymore :)
Will try v0.40 very soon...

Thanks for this great addon!

Cheers,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain, I am glad that you like it and that it works now  :D

best regards

vito