News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FiFLi add-on - First officer and Flight attendant for PSX - beta 0.77

Started by vito, Sun, 4 Jan 2015 19:22

vito

Thanks on comments and I am happy that some problems are solved :-) !

I am thinking to add some new features such as:

* Flight attendants warning if temperatures in passenger cabin gets to hot or to cold :-)
* add some nasty comments from First officer if you forget something obvious in your procedures and checks :-)
* random comments and sounds from First officer just to make our long flights interesting and that we know FiFLi is running in background:-)
*your suggestions :-)

best regards

vito

400guy

You could have the flight attendants share some risque stories, that sometimes happened!

J D ADAM

Hi Vito,

Thank you for your new program. As someone who had major problems initially, it is now performing well for me.

? Flight attendants offering coffee or a meal on long flights?

Congratulations on a great addon

Regards

Derek

JP59

Hi Vito,

I "turned off" first officer by ticking the box, but it still performs silent tasks like TCAS and weather radar tests, switching on landing lights etc...

Could you check that ? I have a full hardware cockpit and fly with a friend as copilot so I would like FiFli copilot to be 100% inactive (announcements AND silent tasks) when the box "Disable copilot" is ticked. Is it possible ?

Cheers

vito

Derek, I am happy that you finally can enjoy FiFLi :-)
and JP744 I will check this, probably my fault !  :roll:

best regards

vito

GodAtum

vito

This is random selected time but it can take cca 30 mins (+/- 10 mins), you have that info in FiFLi window at the bottom.

best regards

vito

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Vito,

I added FiFli to http://aerowinx.com/html/addons.html

Thanks again for your contribution!

I just retested it by starting with a take-off situation. I was able to skip the preflight stuff and the F/A did her takeoff announcement. But when climbing through 20000 ft the program did not advance to the climb and cruise phase; instead, the F/O did some preflight checks like WXR test etc. Is it a requirement that FiFli is to be started only when PSX is in a preflight situation, and if so, is it necessary to wait 20+ minutes until the F/O is ready for engine start?

Or is FiFli supposed to skip flight phases automatically? How does it check the current flight phase? Does it check the flight phase when a switch is moved, or does it check it in an independent, infinite loop every 5 seconds or so?

Cheers,

|-|ardy

vito

Thanks Hardy !

FiFLi is not jet bulletproof in detecting flight phase but so far it should for example automatically start doing things according to flight phase. For now flight phase is detected by selected switches and various parameters from PSX (alt, speed ...) I am thinking in the future slightly to change this flight phase detection (maybe to rely on FMC for this). Your problem was that you didn't wait for boarding phase to complete (it can last up to 40 mins) and FO to finish its preflight duties (it can last up to 10 mins). These can be skipped by rotating FLT DK DOOR selector to DENY and release it. You will hear flight attendant telling you that boarding is complete and sounds of boarding noise will stop (though I am not sure anymore / have to check this/ if FO will stop his preflight duties and skip to before start phase).

best regards

vito

p.s.
I just checked, FO will continue his 10 mins loop (doing his preflight checks) even if you force boarding to stop. Simplest way to skip to "climb" phase is to restart FiFLi :-).

vito

Ok ladies and gents,
here is first version of FiFLi procedure guide :-) As this little add on has become more and more complex, it has become quite hard to keep with all possibilities and correct actions required :-) even for me. Finally, first version of guide is finished and now here it is ! I will correct it as it becomes necessary and changes come in, all suggestions and observations are very welcome ! Hoping that you will find it useful :-))) Here is link to PDF version of the guide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5qiurpxw5r35tf/Procedure%20guide%20-%20FiFLi.pdf?dl=0

best regards

vito

Ivo de Colfmaker

hi Vito,
thank You very much for this nice addon and this guide.

the other day made a flight from Brussels to San Fransisco with 126500kg of fuel, of which 15000 kg in the center tank.
the FO did not set the center tank pumps to on, when there is more then 7700 kg and less then  22600 kg  these must be on as stated on page 446 on the Aerowinx manual.

just an observation, by no means any criticism.
ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

vito

Thanks Ivo, I am aware of this :-) soon as time permits I will update FO
to correctly configure tanks in this case!
Best regards
Vito

vito

Here it is, new beta 0.64, few new options, it SHOULD work better than previous version but .... :-))) Keep old files if you think it is wise.

few new options added:
Failures randomizer - if you are on the ground and before start it will add some unpredictability into your flight with adding some random undemanding failures - don't check at the Instructor window and be prepared for surprise :-))) 
Move some switches - FiFLi will if you are at the ground and before start phase move some switches randomly - be aware, crew before you was a little sloppy at least :-)))
and Randomize ZFW - after all passengers been boarded you will get Final weight report.

Complete package is available at (recommended because some new sounds added)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1khy0ds3z3dzxzu/FiFLi.zip?dl=0

and just "jar" file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvt0tz4ii3smtn8/FiFLi.jar?dl=0

If you dont have problems let me know :-)

best regards

vito

GodAtum

Hi Vito,

Even though I have the FO unchecked, he still does his stuff, fiddling with my buttons!

vito

vito

Here is FiFLi version beta 0.69 (skipped few versions - didn't want to publish it because nothing relevant for users changed)

Here are changes:
- FO option checked / unchecked now works - if somebody find it not working let me know :-)
- Boarding simulation:
--> Rotate FLT DK DOOR selector to UNLKD or DENY and release it. Doors must be open. This will initiate passenger boarding simulation - you will hear ambient noise of passengers boarding. Also boarding will take some time(cca 30+ minutes), first you will hear lovely voice announce boarding is starting and after the boarding is complete you will hear that boarding is now complete so you can continue with preparing for engine start ...
If you wish to end boarding early, just rotate FLT DK DOOR selector to DENY or UNLKD and release it. You will hear flight attendant telling you that boarding is complete and sounds of boarding noise will stop.Stopping boarding process is now more robust, you still must wait cca 30 secs to stop it. So news here is that and change of position of FLT DK DOOR selector changes FiFLi current phase.
—-> FO will do silent taskst after all four engines has been started (before you do after start checks):
- turn off APU
- set up Hyd pumps
- turn on window heat (if you forgot)
- turn on AFT cargo heat
- turn on the PACKS

--> after landing simulation now includes sounds of softly playing classical music in the background

Complete package is available at (recommended because some new sounds added):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dft2carzrwiozcw/FiFLi.zip?dl=0

and just "jar" file:

best regards

vito

DougSnow

What's the switchology for us Freighter guys that don't have a F/D Door?  I'd like an F/O to help me out, but we dont have F/As.

vito

Hi DougSnow,

in previous versions there was possibility for freighters to activate boarding actions / FO preflight but it was unfortunately lost in between versions (probably due some testing). I have now revisited this particular section and I hope restored functionality for freighters:

so in this beta 0.70 we have:

- added replacement option for freighters who doesn't have the FLT DK DOOR selector !
Switches on the Center Audio panel are acting as the FLT DK DOOR selector switch:
   - Switch "INT" or "R/T" act as FLT DK DOOR selector to UNLKD / DENY on passenger aircraft

Complete package is available at (recommended because some new sounds added):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dft2carzrwiozcw/FiFLi.zip?dl=0

and just "jar" file:

best regards

vito

Will

Hello Vito,
Good work so far! I have a question for you. If you start PSX with a cold and dark cockpit, no electrics at all, and then start FiFLi, what should the FiFLi status say? And as you power the aircraft up, what is the trigger to exable the next status change?
Thanks!
Will /Chicago /USA

asboyd

Will,
From Vito's procedure document:
1.1 >>> Load PSX, start with cold&dark scenario First load your PSX with situation on the ground and all of your add-ons including FiFLi. It is IMPORTANT that you click "Connect me to PSX"  after you have established power to your aircraft - not before (connect battery,  stby power and ext power). Also make sure that PA on Captains radio panel is on (little green light is on) - this is needed if you want Flight attendant briefings to be heard - you can also(to be sure it is not to quiet) adjust volume by rotating PA knob !
1.2 >>> Load FiFLi and other add-ons you are using - don't yet click "Connect me to PSX!" Button !
1.3 >>> Open Instructor page in PSX and then:
1.4 >>> Select Service: setup your ZFW, fuel, click External supplies checkboxes
1.5 >>> Select Human: setup Origin and Destination airport, enter Initial cruise FL, double press Talks to us so Responsible now mode is reset to Ground frequency

This is the start procedure I use and it works every time. I load cold and dark at YSSY for all my fights as I live near by and enjoy the scenery.. :)
Cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia